Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I can definitely say that most of my life occurs within me rather than outside of me like with people and stuff. Like I think alooot, and I think about everything, and I have that "HSP" thing where I kind of know what people are thinking by their emotions and stuff. I have always been a skilled writer, and can remember the lyrics to most songs fairly easily. Like I can hear a song 2 or 3 times and know majority of it. Then once I have heard it for about a week or two, you know when they repeat and repeat it on the radio, I will know it all by heart and even the instrumentals in my head.

I think this has to be me being an "audio" person rather than visual or anything else, and this is why I have to have some kind of white noise when I sleep, because I am sensitive to sounds. I am usually always the first one to react to the telephone, doorbell, or when someone asks a question.

I HATE being waited on, meaning I HATE pressure. I like to do things at my own pace and very easily fall into speeding things up because I think I have to finish it early. I think this has to do with me working with my dads landscaping business for quite a few years and his constant giving me tasks and telling me to finish them as early as possible. This results are usually half assed projects much of the times but my effort is usually great, and it makes me look lazy or incompetent, whereas my blood and sweat went into it but my mind just won’t let me pace myself.

And when I go into any kind of a project, I will usually just dive in and think about it later. I know that this isn't right but thats just my thing. Like when I buy a new product. I just cant open it and read the instructions...I HAVE to turn it on and get on with it and do my thing. So I guess I go with my gut first, then I try to go step by step.

When I read magazines, I will first flip through the whole thing, to kind of give myself the satisfaction that I “read the whole thing”, then I will read it backwards, like the last page, then so on. I don’t know why...

Like I said I am very good at reading people, or at least I think I am. It is a very major part of myself, and I will just by default be gauging people's facial expressions. I am verry considerate and don't like conflict, argument, and just don't have the heart to fight people. I still don't understand how people crowd around people when they fight and shout "fight fight", this to me is embarassing, I get embarassed when I see it, but mostly its cruel. Because I believe in public we should be on our best behavior and people just shouldn't beat people up.

I think I am introverted because of the fact that I usually need recovery time after parties, work, (I work in electronics sales). But I am not in my shell either. I do go through these phases however. It's like sometimes, like right now, I can go up to anyone you want, anywhere, and strike up a conversation, make them laugh, without once thinking whether it would be proper or not. And this will last from a few weeks to a month or two. Then mostly I will be very sensitive and feel like I am bugging anyone I talk to and am extra nice and feel like people's happiness is on my hands.

I think its just being sensitive at times and sometimes not.

And I never go by schedule or even make a schedule. I usually just do what I feel and go by that. Of course I work and show up right no time. But I don't really plan what I am going to do next, I guess I "cross bridges when I get to them". But when I know I am gonna have a problem in the future, I ALWAYS prepare for it before hand. I just don't try to schedule my normal life.

So what do you think, what have I left out?

Let me add that I have tested INFJ, then INFP, and now ISFP, but now I know those online tests suck really, and aren't the actual MBIT.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I'd say ISFP by your description. I understand that ISFPs have a lot of emotions that they are aware of, but usually keep them to themselves. Is this how you operate?

Also, the fact that you have a feline or just an animal as your avatar is very ISFP like. :wink:

·
Registered
535 Posts
You talk a lot about how you feel about things, so I'd say you're an F.

I am verry considerate and don't like conflict, argument, and just don't have the heart to fight people. I still don't understand how people crowd around people when they fight and shout "fight fight", this to me is embarassing, I get embarassed when I see it, but mostly its cruel. Because I believe in public we should be on our best behavior and people just shouldn't beat people up.
This sounds like Fe (especially the last sentence).

Your whole writing style is very much N, and this

I have always been a skilled writer, and can remember the lyrics to most songs fairly easily. Like I can hear a song 2 or 3 times and know majority of it. Then once I have heard it for about a week or two, you know when they repeat and repeat it on the radio, I will know it all by heart and even the instrumentals in my head.
And I never go by schedule or even make a schedule. I usually just do what I feel and go by that. Of course I work and show up right no time. But I don't really plan what I am going to do next, I guess I "cross bridges when I get to them". But when I know I am gonna have a problem in the future, I ALWAYS prepare for it before hand. I just don't try to schedule my normal life.
reminds me of myself - it might be an Ni thing.

So my diagnosis is INFJ.

Like I think alooot, and I think about everything, and I have that "HSP" thing where I kind of know what people are thinking by their emotions and stuff.
I believe this is a normal thing for INFJs to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I definetely do keep my emotions to myself but will express them to people I feel very comfortable with. And I will trust most people very easily. I am pretty trusting. So I would say I do hold back my feelings, but sometimes I'll just let them spill like it's nothing. I guess it's because I don't like to tip toe around my thoughts when I talk to people, so I'll just lay everything out so to speak.

But I have noticed that I hardly ever meet anyone or talk to anyone who observes, notices, or appreciates the things
that I do. I do see alot of subtleties in things and sometimes will share them with people to get some feedback and hardly EVER, will someone even know where I am coming from, lol. So those things I would say I usually keep to myself. And the subtleties I notice are usually the body language of people, pretty much psychology. For example if I am watching American Idol, there are so many awkward moments between the judges themselves, and the contestants, and I can tell who doesn't want to be there, who is embarrassed, and all that stuff. But it seems no one else sees it. Its just second nature to me to see who feels uncomfortable I guess.

But I would say in the vast majority of my relationships with people, I try to meet them halfway, which is easy for me, because I like to relate to people, but find that very few people will relate to me. I get that I am"weird" alot. But I am also very funny, or at least that's what people say, and I was the class clown in school.

And I am a huge animal lover. I am a 19 year old guy and know very few guys my age who will pet animals or call them "cute", or whatever. But I will pet a cat on the street for 5 minutes if it allows me.:) I've just always been like that, I like animals, even crows, who I also think are cute :), I just like them... I don't know if it's a macho American cultural thing or whatever...

And I really, really care about being unique. I am attracted to unique girls, who act differently, look different, dress different, and all that. Like many alternative style, or emo style women will fit this description. Not that I am not attracted to other women, but these are the women who I really think about when I see, and they will dominate my thoughts for a little while, lol. ;)

I don't like to hear, or acknowledge that there are others like myself. I know this may sound arrogant, but I really really care about individuality and feel like that, there is no one else like me, or I hope there isn't. :)

I really appreciate all your input guys, and I hope you can help me on my journey to figure out my 4 letter identity. Please feel free to comment, ask questions.... See I am more than willing to open up with my feelings??:))

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To Holunder:

First of all thanks for your input and it really helps me to know myself. You know, I first thought I was INFJ and read the descriptions and they fit me for the most part. But then I went on youtube, and saw the videos that INFJs posted of themselves and I really didn't feel like I was INFJ at all. Because the INFJ type doesn't seem very animated and if you see me. I usually am. I'm usually smiling, laughing, making jokes, also serious when I need to be.

And not many people come to me with their problems, which I hear is quite common for INFJs. It does happen occasionally, but not too often. But it's weird because I do know usually what is bothering people, if they show it

As I am typing this I am reading the "INFJ portrait" on the personality pages website, and I feel like it could be me, but I also really see myself in the other ones as well. There is definitely a vagueness to these descriptions I think, but maybe I'm just not seeing the defining points.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Alright. I feel like you really are trying to figure yourself out, so I will lend a hand. Plus, you seem nice enough. Everything I say is based solely on the information presented by you. These are all assumptions.

Okay, so I can definitely say that most of my life occurs within me rather than outside of me like with people and stuff. Like I think alooot, and I think about everything, and I have that "HSP" thing where I kind of know what people are thinking by their emotions and stuff.
Ok good start. I can assume your primary function is most likely introverted. Specifically, I would go with Fi, due to your preference for other people's thoughts and emotions.

HSP has always struck me as particularly Se. Perhaps you use your Se to support your Fi.

I have always been a skilled writer, and can remember the lyrics to most songs fairly easily. Like I can hear a song 2 or 3 times and know majority of it. Then once I have heard it for about a week or two, you know when they repeat and repeat it on the radio, I will know it all by heart and even the instrumentals in my head.
Here I'm seeing Se with an Ni combination, as auxiliary and tertiary functions. Mainly because it seems like you pick up the pattern of vocals and instruments, and then refine it as you are more exposed to it. I do the same thing. So far I would place Se above Ni because, from your description, you focus on lyrics and instruments as opposed to a reason for the memorization, an emphasis on song meaning, and instrument and vocal interactions.

If we place Se as the tertiary function, we see the possibility of INFP. Ne are the most notorious for song pattern memorization. However, I am loathe to place Se as anything besides your primary or auxiliary function. Ni + Se is a good substitute for Ne in my opinion, especially if you are as strong of an Se as I think you are.

I think this has to be me being an "audio" person rather than visual or anything else, and this is why I have to have some kind of white noise when I sleep, because I am sensitive to sounds. I am usually always the first one to react to the telephone, doorbell, or when someone asks a question.
This again supports my belief that Se has to be one of your higher ranking functions, due to yout sensitivity to your environment. I'd say you have an extremely well developed Se, and it would rival Fi for your primary function so far in my analysis. Also, most Ni/Ne I meet are definitely visual learners, myself included. Forget lectures, give me the damn book! :wink:

I HATE being waited on, meaning I HATE pressure. I like to do things at my own pace and very easily fall into speeding things up because I think I have to finish it early. I think this has to do with me working with my dads landscaping business for quite a few years and his constant giving me tasks and telling me to finish them as early as possible. This results are usually half assed projects much of the times but my effort is usually great, and it makes me look lazy or incompetent, whereas my blood and sweat went into it but my mind just won’t let me pace myself.
I'm ruling out Ti here just because I can't imagine any Ti I know investing a great amount of time into anything and not getting the desired results. I will also rule out Si because you seem out of touch with your internal timing. I also have terrible internal timing, and have to go by clocks and alarms, because forget it. You also do not seem to have a high ranking N of any sort, mainly due to the fact that you do not seem opposed to the act of being pressured on principle. You admit you do try to meet expectations, but do not prefer to be placed in such a situation.

And when I go into any kind of a project, I will usually just dive in and think about it later. I know that this isn't right but thats just my thing. Like when I buy a new product. I just cant open it and read the instructions...I HAVE to turn it on and get on with it and do my thing. So I guess I go with my gut first, then I try to go step by step.
If that isn't Ni I don't know what is. The entire paragraph I mean. I will assume here that Ni is not your inferior function.

When I read magazines, I will first flip through the whole thing, to kind of give myself the satisfaction that I “read the whole thing”, then I will read it backwards, like the last page, then so on. I don’t know why...
More Ni behaviour..

Like I said I am very good at reading people, or at least I think I am. It is a very major part of myself, and I will just by default be gauging people's facial expressions. I am verry considerate and don't like conflict, argument, and just don't have the heart to fight people.
Here I can cement the fact that Se is not your primary function. If it weren't for your strong Se tendencies so far, I would consider the possibility of an NF of some sort. I would sooner classify you as an ENFJ rather than an INFJ, because you are so in touch with physical reality, and cannot place Se as your inferior function. Even as an ENFJ it would really be pushing it.

However, your ability to grasp the idea of someone is also intensely Fi, bringing us back to ISFP or INFP So we continue...

I still don't understand how people crowd around people when they fight and shout "fight fight", this to me is embarassing,
Here I can rule out Fe. Many times fights like that are emotionally charged. I think they're stupid because mental warfare is better, but that's just me.

I get embarassed when I see it, but mostly its cruel.
Still some sort of F. I stand by my initial Fi hunch.

Because I believe in public we should be on our best behavior and people just shouldn't beat people up.
If I were proctoring a simplistic MBTI test, here is where I would check off a tendency for SJ behaviour. Let's dig deeper into MB though. I believe there is some sort of Te playing as a tertiary or inferior role here due to the reason why you don't believe other people should beat people up. Fi is being upheld by Te due to the strength of your conviction.

I think I am introverted because of the fact that I usually need recovery time after parties, work, (I work in electronics sales). But I am not in my shell either. I do go through these phases however. It's like sometimes, like right now, I can go up to anyone you want, anywhere, and strike up a conversation, make them laugh, without once thinking whether it would be proper or not. And this will last from a few weeks to a month or two. Then mostly I will be very sensitive and feel like I am bugging anyone I talk to and am extra nice and feel like people's happiness is on my hands.
First of all, let me clarify that everything is on a scale. Introverts will act like extraverts, and extraverts will act like introverts. It's human nature. This is just a summary of your personality based on preferences and behaviors.

I think its just being sensitive at times and sometimes not.
Sometimes not?

I will assume you are definitely an Ni if you can sense a problem, and that you use Te if you can deduce when things might go south as far as your scheduled life goes.

So what do you think, what have I left out?
I don't know, you tell me. :happy:

Let me add that I have tested INFJ, then INFP, and now ISFP, but now I know those online tests suck really, and aren't the actual MBIT.
Good. Haha, I kid. Kinda.

Summary? Fi, Se, Ni, Te. In that order. ISFP.

---------

I definetely do keep my emotions to myself but will express them to people I feel very comfortable with.
Cool. So Fe is out. Even Introverted Fe types I come across are somehow going on about their feelings, even if they are intensely introverted, in which case they tend to come off as melancholy.

And I will trust most people very easily. I am pretty trusting. So I would say I do hold back my feelings, but sometimes I'll just let them spill like it's nothing. I guess it's because I don't like to tip toe around my thoughts when I talk to people, so I'll just lay everything out so to speak.
Your Te shines on through to support your primary function.

But I have noticed that I hardly ever meet anyone or talk to anyone who observes, notices, or appreciates the things that I do. I do see alot of subtleties in things and sometimes will share them with people to get some feedback and hardly EVER, will someone even know where I am coming from, lol. So those things I would say I usually keep to myself. And the subtleties I notice are usually the body language of people, pretty much psychology. For example if I am watching American Idol, there are so many awkward moments between the judges themselves, and the contestants, and I can tell who doesn't want to be there, who is embarrassed, and all that stuff. But it seems no one else sees it. Its just second nature to me to see who feels uncomfortable I guess.
Se + Ni. Beautiful combination. Personally, I deduce how they feel then how I came to that conclusion.

But I would say in the vast majority of my relationships with people, I try to meet them halfway, which is easy for me, because I like to relate to people, but find that very few people will relate to me. I get that I am"weird" alot. But I am also very funny, or at least that's what people say, and I was the class clown in school.
You do seem very friendly :happy: So you are definitely a feeler, and definitely a bit introverted. I think you are a little strong on the Ni front as well, based on aforementioned observations as well as a feeling of detachment from others.

And I am a huge animal lover. I am a 19 year old guy and know very few guys my age who will pet animals or call them "cute", or whatever. But I will pet a cat on the street for 5 minutes if it allows me.:) I've just always been like that, I like animals, even crows, who I also think are cute :), I just like them... I don't know if it's a macho American cultural thing or whatever...
I like octopuses. As well as piglets. I think we are just weird on this front, and MBTI can't help us :laughing:

And I really, really care about being unique. I am attracted to unique girls, who act differently, look different, dress different, and all that. Like many alternative style, or emo style women will fit this description. Not that I am not attracted to other women, but these are the women who I really think about when I see, and they will dominate my thoughts for a little while, lol. ;)
Perhaps enneagram would explain all of that a little bit better. I won't claim which one...but I have a sneaking suspicion!

I don't like to hear, or acknowledge that there are others like myself. I know this may sound arrogant, but I really really care about individuality and feel like that, there is no one else like me, or I hope there isn't. :)
Enneagram.

I really appreciate all your input guys, and I hope you can help me on my journey to figure out my 4 letter identity. Please feel free to comment, ask questions.... See I am more than willing to open up with my feelings??:))
I blame the Te. :tongue:

----------

To Holunder:

First of all thanks for your input and it really helps me to know myself. You know, I first thought I was INFJ and read the descriptions and they fit me for the most part. But then I went on youtube, and saw the videos that INFJs posted of themselves and I really didn't feel like I was INFJ at all. Because the INFJ type doesn't seem very animated and if you see me. I usually am. I'm usually smiling, laughing, making jokes, also serious when I need to be.
A bit of a - wait for it - performer?

And not many people come to me with their problems, which I hear is quite common for INFJs. It does happen occasionally, but not too often. But it's weird because I do know usually what is bothering people, if they show it
Primary Ni types are the best for advice ime. Unless it's financial advice, in which case head to your nearest Te stat.

As I am typing this I am reading the "INFJ portrait" on the personality pages website, and I feel like it could be me, but I also really see myself in the other ones as well. There is definitely a vagueness to these descriptions I think, but maybe I'm just not seeing the defining points.

Any thoughts?
INFJ:

Ni>Fe>Ti>Se

I doubt, from the information presented to me, that Se is your inferior function. I also would cite Fi before Fe for you, and since these are primary and auxiliary functions for the ISFP and the INFJ respectively, the two types are really not even comparable.

Decision? My initial suspicion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re:Knives

Knives your reply was more than I could have asked for. I am going to be reading it a few more times, trying to let it sink in, and will reply to you later on, hopefully tomorrow, with a solid response. Maybe a questions or two....:)

I wasn't even aware that there were primary, and auxiliary functions, I thought it was just all the same thing. But this is awesome!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Knives, I would like to pick apart your post a bit.

Okay, so I can definitely say that most of my life occurs within me rather than outside of me like with people and stuff. Like I think alooot, and I think about everything, and I have that "HSP" thing where I kind of know what people are thinking by their emotions and stuff.
Ok good start. I can assume your primary function is most likely introverted. Specifically, I would go with Fi, due to your preference for other people's thoughts and emotions.

HSP has always struck me as particularly Se. Perhaps you use your Se to support your Fi.
This is an ability that is often associated with INFJs. There is no reason to suppose it a proof for strong Se, especially as it Ni is much better at finding underlying patterns.

This again supports my belief that Se has to be one of your higher ranking functions, due to yout sensitivity to your environment. I'd say you have an extremely well developed Se, and it would rival Fi for your primary function so far in my analysis. Also, most Ni/Ne I meet are definitely visual learners, myself included. Forget lectures, give me the damn book! :wink:
There are other possible reasons besides type why someone would be sensitive to their environment. For example, there are highly sensitive people, who naturally filter information differently. Also, datdudeasu doesn't seem to be a very adventure-seeking person, as an Se dominant would be.

You also do not seem to have a high ranking N of any sort, mainly due to the fact that you do not seem opposed to the act of being pressured on principle. You admit you do try to meet expectations, but do not prefer to be placed in such a situation.
But a feeler might let himself be pressured for the benefit of another person. INTJs have a high need to be seen as competent, and maybe INFJs have a need to be seen as a benefit to society or something like that.

I still don't understand how people crowd around people when they fight and shout "fight fight", this to me is embarassing,
Here I can rule out Fe. Many times fights like that are emotionally charged. I think they're stupid because mental warfare is better, but that's just me.
I really don't know how you would see that as ruling out Fe. Being against fights and for harmony is a feeler thing, but it could be Fe as well as Fi.

I get embarassed when I see it, but mostly its cruel.
Still some sort of F. I stand by my initial Fi hunch.
Fi wouldn't be embarassed, but lament the evil in the world :crazy: - at least it seems to me that INFPs do that. This is a case of Fe seeking harmony between the people.

Because I believe in public we should be on our best behavior and people just shouldn't beat people up.
If I were proctoring a simplistic MBTI test, here is where I would check off a tendency for SJ behaviour. Let's dig deeper into MB though. I believe there is some sort of Te playing as a tertiary or inferior role here due to the reason why you don't believe other people should beat people up. Fi is being upheld by Te due to the strength of your conviction.
Or it is simply Fe instead of a Te-Fi combination.

I will assume you are definitely an Ni if you can sense a problem, and that you use Te if you can deduce when things might go south as far as your scheduled life goes.
You don't particularly need Te for that. A lot of types don't have Te, and still are able to prepare for problems in the future.

I like octopuses. As well as piglets. I think we are just weird on this front, and MBTI can't help us :laughing:
I like newts. And owls. Seems we're all a bit strange.

To Holunder:

A bit of a - wait for it - performer?
A bit, but I wouldn't say it's a defining quality. I can be animated too, and I smile a lot, even though thats not supposed of an INTJ. I learned much from the feelers in my family.

It's interesting that you yourself saw a lot of evidence for Ni, more than for Se, and that for Se was rather weak.

------------------------------

To Holunder:

And not many people come to me with their problems, which I hear is quite common for INFJs. It does happen occasionally, but not too often. But it's weird because I do know usually what is bothering people, if they show it.
Everyone is different. You don't have to fit all the stereotypes. They can help in identifying yourself, but usually not all of them apply to a single person.

The strange thing for me about INFJs is, that I can relate to them extremely well in some aspects, but then, there's also something so very different about them. This happens with no other type, and this is what I feel when I read your descriptions of yourself. (Of course, I still might be wrong.)

Anyway, maybe you should look up the functions and see how much you relate to them. Good descriptions are here.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Knives, I would like to pick apart your post a bit.
Bring it :cool:

This is an ability that is often associated with INFJs. There is no reason to suppose it a proof for strong Se, especially as it Ni is much better at finding underlying patterns.
I don't like attributing any ability to any one type, since I view type as a summary of functions.

Ni is the pattern finder, sure...but I was adressing Se in regards to HSP. Se is directly linked with appreciation of the physical world. I find it extremely difficult to accept, that with the information presented before me, that this individual would be of a type with Se as an inferior function. It doesn't seem logical.

There are other possible reasons besides type why someone would be sensitive to their environment. For example, there are highly sensitive people, who naturally filter information differently. Also, datdudeasu doesn't seem to be a very adventure-seeking person, as an Se dominant would be.
Correct, the fact that people filter imformation differently is basic to MBTI.

Also he has a picture of a big cat as his avatar, and that means he's adventurous. <~ Totally a joke.

But a feeler might let himself be pressured for the benefit of another person. INTJs have a high need to be seen as competent, and maybe INFJs have a need to be seen as a benefit to society or something like that.
I don't know about you, but the INTJs and INFJs I know are not easy people to pressure into almost anything.

I really don't know how you would see that as ruling out Fe. Being against fights and for harmony is a feeler thing, but it could be Fe as well as Fi.
I meant rule out as in, ontop of previous evidence. I believe that an Fe would be more understanding of public fighting. For example, when I think of a white knight, I think of someone with an Fe dominant personality.

Fi wouldn't be embarassed, but lament the evil in the world :crazy: - at least it seems to me that INFPs do that. This is a case of Fe seeking harmony between the people.
If he were an Fe seeking harmony...wouldn't he have told us how he sought it? As in, I intervened?

Or it is simply Fe instead of a Te-Fi combination.
You seem very adamant about Fe; personally I don't think it fits. We may have to let bygones be bygones here.

You don't particularly need Te for that. A lot of types don't have Te, and still are able to prepare for problems in the future.
Let me clarify: I was talking about the Te and Ni combination and that interaction in the individual, not simply Ni.

A bit, but I wouldn't say it's a defining quality. I can be animated too, and I smile a lot, even though thats not supposed of an INTJ. I learned much from the feelers in my family.
If you were asking someone to help you find the type which define your personality, would you include an entire paragraph about how you can interact so willing and easily?

It's interesting that you yourself saw a lot of evidence for Ni, more than for Se, and that for Se was rather weak.
Indeed, contrasting opinions can only help in his...adventure :wink: I hope this wasn't too harsh of a rebuttal.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Bring it :cool:

I don't like attributing any ability to any one type, since I view type as a summary of functions.

Ni is the pattern finder, sure...but I was adressing Se in regards to HSP. Se is directly linked with appreciation of the physical world. I find it extremely difficult to accept, that with the information presented before me, that this individual would be of a type with Se as an inferior function. It doesn't seem logical.

Correct, the fact that people filter imformation differently is basic to MBTI.

Also he has a picture of a big cat as his avatar, and that means he's adventurous. <~ Totally a joke.

I don't know about you, but the INTJs and INFJs I know are not easy people to pressure into almost anything.

I meant rule out as in, ontop of previous evidence. I believe that an Fe would be more understanding of public fighting. For example, when I think of a white knight, I think of someone with an Fe dominant personality.

If he were an Fe seeking harmony...wouldn't he have told us how he sought it? As in, I intervened?

You seem very adamant about Fe; personally I don't think it fits. We may have to let bygones be bygones here.

Let me clarify: I was talking about the Te and Ni combination and that interaction in the individual, not simply Ni.

If you were asking someone to help you find the type which define your personality, would you include an entire paragraph about how you can interact so willing and easily?

Indeed, contrasting opinions can only help in his...adventure :wink: I hope this wasn't too harsh of a rebuttal.
You are an INFP or INFJ. Probably INFJ

·
Registered
535 Posts
I wasn't attributing this ability to INFJ alone, my point was since it is an ability that is often seen in INFJs, there is no reason to take it as a sign for strong Se. It's not necessarily a proof for INFJ, but it's definitely no proof for strong Se.

There's a difference between being able to take in a lot of information and taking in information just for the experience of it. The first seems to be the case, the latter not. But maybe datdudeasu could answer this question better.

:laughing:

My mother could be extremely unpleasant when in a bad mood (sometimes she even would not talk to me for whole days), and as a child and teenager I often did what she wanted just to escape her bad moods. (It was counterproductive, but didn't I learn that until later.) So I think under certain circumstances, INxJs can be pressured - when they see responding to the pressure as the easiest or most effective way out of a situation. It might be dependent on upbringing and circumstances.

An argument doesn't get more valid if other evidence points in the same direction. A flawed argument is a flawed argument. Even if we suppose every white knight to be a Fe dominant, that doesn't mean that in turn all Fe's are white knights and approve of fights.

That might actually be rather dangerous and in a worst case scenario, they both turn against you for interrupting them. Fe or not, staying out of this is often the sensible thing to do.

Just as adamant as you are about Fi and Se. But it's my honest opinion that the facts point in the direction of Ni + Fe in almost every instant.

I would if I tested as a certain type, but these traits were what made me think that it didn't really fit. I would then consider it an important aspect to relate to others, because they could then explain away the difficulty or suggest another type that explained this traits better.

I'm an INTJ - be as harsh as you like. And tell me should I ever be too harsh.

@datdudeasu: I hope we didn't usurp your thread with our discussion. Should you have looked up the functions, it would be interesting to hear how you related to them.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I wasn't attributing this ability to INFJ alone, my point was since it is an ability that is often seen in INFJs, there is no reason to take it as a sign for strong Se. It's not necessarily a proof for INFJ, but it's definitely no proof for strong Se.
I don't see how intense appreciation for and focus on the physical world is not Se. What is your definition of Se?

An argument doesn't get more valid if other evidence points in the same direction. A flawed argument is a flawed argument. Even if we suppose every white knight to be a Fe dominant, that doesn't mean that in turn all Fe's are white knights and approve of fights.
Like I said, they were all assumptions more than arguments. I don't think my assumptions were patricularly flawed. Moreover, I was using the white-knight example as support, not as proof of a binary relationship.

That might actually be rather dangerous and in a worst case scenario, they both turn against you for interrupting them. Fe or not, staying out of this is often the sensible thing to do.
I don't usually associate preferring to make the most logical decision the default for Fe, especially if Fe is in the slot of primary or auxiliary function. (Disclaimer: I know all people, no matter what their function preferences, are capable of doing the sensible thing. I'm gonna get mauled for this, hah.)

Just as adamant as you are about Fi and Se. But it's my honest opinion that the facts point in the direction of Ni + Fe in almost every instant.
To be fair, I actually entertained more functions than just the two that were in my initial hunch. Not only are you claiming Ni, you are claiming one of the types with Ni as its primary function. I don't see proof for Ni as a primary function, and I did scour the post for it.

I would if I tested as a certain type, but these traits were what made me think that it didn't really fit. I would then consider it an important aspect to relate to others, because they could then explain away the difficulty or suggest another type that explained this traits better.
Then you are fairly social in comparison to many INTJs I have met.

@datdudeasu: I hope we didn't usurp your thread with our discussion. Should you have looked up the functions, it would be interesting to hear how you related to them.
He probably thinks were all insane. Weird thing is...he's probably right :confused:

·
Registered
535 Posts
I don't see how intense appreciation for and focus on the physical world is not Se. What is your definition of Se?
Okay, so I can definitely say that most of my life occurs within me rather than outside of me like with people and stuff. Like I think alooot, and I think about everything, and I have that "HSP" thing where I kind of know what people are thinking by their emotions and stuff. I have always been a skilled writer, and can remember the lyrics to most songs fairly easily. Like I can hear a song 2 or 3 times and know majority of it. Then once I have heard it for about a week or two, you know when they repeat and repeat it on the radio, I will know it all by heart and even the instrumentals in my head.

I don't see the intense appreciation expressed anywhere in that quote. (And it's the one you used as an argument for Se.)

I don't usually associate preferring to make the most logical decision the default for Fe, especially if Fe is in the slot of primary or auxiliary function. (Disclaimer: I know all people, no matter what their function preferences, are capable of doing the sensible thing. I'm gonna get mauled for this, hah.)
But couldn't Fe say "If I interrupt their fight, they are all going to hate me"?

To be fair, I actually entertained more functions than just the two that were in my initial hunch. Not only are you claiming Ni, you are claiming one of the types with Ni as its primary function. I don't see proof for Ni as a primary function, and I did scour the post for it.
Well, datdudeasu's posts give off that "intuitor vibe", that's why I settled for Ni as primary or secondary function. That and the way I could so much identify with a lot he wrote - which reminded me so very much of my reaction to reading other dominant Ni's posts. I admit that are no hard facts... but Ni hunches are often right.

Then you are fairly social in comparison to many INTJs I have met.
I meant that more in the way of "If I were datdudeasu, I would...". Personally, I would ask others for help only as a last resort. On the other hand, I'm trying to improve myself, including social skills.

He probably thinks were all insane. Weird thing is...he's probably right :confused:
:crazy: At least we're having fun. (Yay for discussions!)

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Reactions: Knives
1 - 16 of 16 Posts