Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MotM 5/2015 | Bankslayer
13,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I'd make one of these mostly to see if I might be wrong about the type I assume I am.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type

It's mostly the way my function stacks seems like to me. Also I'm presumably viewed as some kind of oddball when it comes to my type.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Passion, closeness, beauty, happiness and knowing my own dreams

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Mostly when I'm helping other people or doing charity work. Also when I'm talking to my boyfriend.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Not being passionate, not knowing what I want in life. Being unmotivated and lazy.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

How will it affect me. How will it affect people around me. What do I really want. What would others think about my decision.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Yes, the outcome really does matter to me. I want to make sure that the project turns out the way I envisioned it to. I am quite a perfectionist and when things go slightly wrong I tend to give up quickly.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Wandering around in Austria. Being silly with my best friend. Playing video games with my online friends.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

It really depends on what we're talking about here. I generally need to really get down to the theoretical part and soak it all up when it comes to most things however. Some things I need to learn by doing though.For some others I really need to go into detail first.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

It's probably not a stretch to say that I'm the least organised person on this entire forum.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I first look at the big picture and see if the intention behind the idea appeals to me and generally seems valuable. Then I look into detail and try to see any possible flaws.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I don't really work well in groups at all. I'd rather follow what I believe and do it my own way honestly.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I generally think before I speak but when I'm around friends or loved ones I often speak without ever thinking which can lead to awkward situations.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I think that intentions matter more than actions when it comes down to it. People can be misguided but their intentions tell a lot about their hearts. I barely ever jump into action right away.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favourite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Probably give an excuse unless it's my best friend ;x

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I freak out and become a neurotic mess

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

lack of empathy, hypocrisy

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

many things. Whatever interests me at the moment. Mostly politics, philophy, or books/videogames/anime

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life.

Well if I'd be able to think of these things right now they wouldn't be the things I pay the least attention to :p

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I guess that I can be very sarcastic. That I'm a good listener. Some of my friends call me smart. I'm not sure how else they'd describe me since I've never asked them to.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Play video games, watch anime, read some books, maybe learn something new.

·
Registered
183 Posts
@Morfinyon

Fi-dom, Te-inf is obvious.

Fe vibes I'm picking up seem to be the result of your personal value system than an external one so more evidence to Fi.

Answers to #8, #10, #17, and to a lesser extent #18 and #20 suggest Ne-Si.

However, without looking at your history, I think you have an above average knowledge of the functions and that it's biasing your responses to read as textbook INFP.

Regardless, I agree with your current type.

·
MotM 5/2015 | Bankslayer
13,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Morfinyon

Fi-dom, Te-inf is obvious.

Fe vibes I'm picking up seem to be the result of your personal value system than an external one so more evidence to Fi.

Answers to #8, #10, #17, and to a lesser extent #18 and #20 suggest Ne-Si.

However, without looking at your history, I think you have an above average knowledge of the functions and that it's biasing your responses to read as textbook INFP.

Regardless, I agree with your current type.
well I answered the questions without thinking about the functions for the most part so it should be legit and not that biased.

·
Registered
183 Posts
well I answered the questions without thinking about the functions for the most part so it should be legit and not that biased.
It's not something you would do on purpose. If you already have an understanding of the underlying system, have typed yourself using it, and have come to identify with that typing then it's expected that you would be more precise in highlighting those traits to the neglect of others. This would make it more difficult for anyone reading to see what other possibilities might exist.

For what it's worth, I didn't mean anything negative by the comment. When I read "What's My Type" threads I also like to take into account how much the OP's background knowledge may be influencing their answers and seeing if they're pushing to be seen in a certain light. Yours reads, as someone else recently said to me, as unusually self aware which makes it easier for you to push a certain image if you so desired. Not that you did, just that it's a possibility worth considering for anyone trying to type you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts