Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my second thread about my type and I decided not to use questionnaire, but rather talk about myself freely this time. I hope it is going to be clear enough for you to read through and help me find my type.
I am a young adult and a student. Besides my studies I work part time as a promoter for a language school and parts of my hobbies are being a journalist for an online magazine about movies and singing and writing lyrics in a musical project with my friend.
I chose the promoting job, because I enjoy talking and presenting in front of a people, even though it often makes me very nervous, it also makes me feel socially involved and even in lead, because I can elaborate on a topic of my presentation. I do not enjoy the leadership positions in a group and I do not enjoy aggressive emotional socialization, so i like to do my job with peace and in a calm manner. I often like to perform in front of the people, because I believe I have good social skills and can appear very self-confident and garrulous. This is however a paradox, because I often fight with feelings of inferiority and social anxiety, I think this kind of performance helps me to feel more socially confident, than I am. When I know I need to talk, I usually have no problem to delve to any kind of topic and carry the conversation, however I do prefer if the conversation is initiated by someone else. Even though I am socially insecure, I do have a gift of a word, which oftem helps me to appear socially skilled and self conscious. I can have a good conversation with people, however, when it comes to developing close relationships, I am usually more distend and aloof. I dislike to share details from my private life with too many people and usually share such things only with the closest ones. Not because I wouldn't trust people, simply because I don't feel it's okay to be very open, I like to keep my own space. I also like to keep my emotional distance from people and usually avoid being too attached to others. I price my own freedom above anything else. However to most of the people, I am very polite, friendly and I was told have a good sense of humor. I do enjoy a company of people and I like hanging out with my friends, but I choose people closely and can be quite judgemental to people that are not in my favor. I dislike to spend time in a wrong company and can usually become silent and cold if I don't feel right. However I always try to soak up the social atmosphere and needs of other people and adapt myself to it in order to make them feel comfortable, even though I always need to stay in touch with my own self. I like to scan social situations and I am good at making connections with useful people that might later help me with my business. I see potential and future development in people and I enjoy to see the possible connections between people and relationships. Even though I do all this stuff, still my freedom and my own being are the most important for me. I might sometimes appear as selfish and egocentric, which are things I don't really mind being. I dislike too emotionally sensitive and expressive relationships. They usually drain me a lot, I like to keep things simple, fun and pleasurable for everyone involved.
When I am not really in a mood, I am usually quite sarcastic, cynical and ironic. My most favorite type of humor is sarcasm, which I sometimes overuse to the point some people might see it as annoying, or tell me they can't tell whether I really mean something, or whether I am sarcastic.
I usually seek a company of intelligent, creative and inspiring people who share my hobbies and points of view. I enjoy conversation about philosophy, politics, science, music, fashion etc... I very much like reading stuff from Jung, Nietzsche, or Weber. I also like reading literature about universe, one of my favorite books is Universe in Nutshell by Stephen Hawking. My abstract thinking is very developed and therefore I find it easy to understand highly abstract theories and I find it pleasurable and fun to play with different philosophical viewpoints. However I am terrible at strict and concrete logical systems such as mathematics, or chemistry. I like to develop and use my own system and my own approach to tasks. I like to do things systematically, using my own mind at laid back and easy going places with not too many changes, but flexible to deadlines and open to few errors with details.
I feel uncomfortable when it comes to meeting people, that I see as shallow, superficial and intellectually lacking. I am able to spend hours and days dwelling in my own thoughts and ideas. I live in my own head a lot and enjoy to daydream. I can easily get lost in my own thoughts and completely lost a touch with the external world. To a lot of people it makes me seem as lazy, overly dreamy and impractical. Which I think I am and I also like to have my own comfort and a lot of leisure time to relax. But I am also very ambitious and when the work needs to be done, I can push myself, although usually it's at the last time.
Most of the people see me as calm, but even though I can appear calm on the outside, I am pretty moody and chaotic on the inside. I usually have a lot of thoughts on my mind and tend to analyze everything. I am also very moody, I am often very melancholic person and I often enjoy to feel melancholic, because it often helps my creativity. I also do tend to be more negativistic than optimistic and sometimes fight with a periods of depression, or feelings of sadness.
My hobbies, personal style and own viewpoints are very important to me and I do everything to stay true to these. It's very important for me to present myself as an individual with firm opinions. I also like to present myself with my style and fashion. Most of my opinions are very close to my very being and it's hard to change them, or prove me wrong. A lot of people might see me as stubborn, or rigid because of such thing.
However I am very tolerant to others and a strong libertarian.
Even though I am very mind oriented person, I am not spiritual, or religious, because I see most of the supernatural beliefs as a nonsense and rather am faithful to secular beliefs.
That might be it, if I should add anything, please feel free to ask me any questions.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
You sure write a wall of text like an INFP would at least. Just an observation. ;)

·
Banned
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I wrote a lot, just wanted to make sure I mention everything important to make the typing as clear as possible.

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,202 Posts
I enjoy conversation about philosophy, politics, science, music, fashion etc... I very much like reading stuff from Jung, Nietzsche, or Weber. I also like reading literature about universe, one of my favorite books is Universe in Nutshell by Stephen Hawking. My abstract thinking is very developed and therefore I find it easy to understand highly abstract theories and I find it pleasurable and fun to play with different philosophical viewpoints. However I am terrible at strict and concrete logical systems such as mathematics, or chemistry.
Very Intuitive, you are definitely not a Sensing type. maybe not an INT type though.

I also like to present myself with my style and fashion. Most of my opinions are very close to my very being and it's hard to change them, or prove me wrong.
Statements like these seem like Introverted feeling. It could explain why you are very private and don't like being too expressive with others.

using my own mind at laid back and easy going places with not too many changes, but flexible to deadlines and open to few errors with details.
InfP :)

·
Banned
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very Intuitive, you are definitely not a Sensing type. maybe not an INT type though.

Statements like these seem like Introverted feeling. It could explain why you are very private and don't like being too expressive with others.

InfP :)
Hey thanks for the reply, I actually made another thread since this one seemed hopeless, I'd appriciate if you could take a look at it and tell me your opinion
http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/525106-10-questions-whats-my-type.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts