Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As someone who's pretty darn new to this, I'd appreciate a little help (rather, and in addition to taking countless of tests, just because XD). I plan on delving into this deeper in future, though, to understand it better.

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Nope. One could say I have depression, but one would probably be wrong (I like most of my days, but I'm still somewhat bored with life). Also, anxiety. 22, male, and I wouldn't know to say.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

First one. It's nice, it's serene, and it seems like a lovely place to be at, especially with sun setting. I'd describe it as nice and serene.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

- Nice.
- Open Minded.
- Weird.
- Imaginative.
- Lonely.
- Calm.
- Indifferent.
- Nonsensical.
- Anxious.
- Indecisive.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

a) I'd like to be a bit more confident/less self-doubting. Also more rational, indifferent, and creative.

b) I wouldn't want to be a hateful person, a person that takes anything they're served as a fact, and a person that has no sense of humour.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

I'm sure there are, but considering how unsocial I've become, it's hard to say. I'm sure some would say I'm quiet, smart(er) than I think I am, and weird because my tastes are.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

Fun, music and movies are important things in my life. Other than that, the obvious ones are relationships with people which has been quite harder than I'd prefer, partially because of my internal like/dislike towards people - at best times I get along easily with people, at worst I'm a bit of a misanthrope with desire for self-annihilation rather than continued existence among humans.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

Not very good. I'm not a fan of change, but, when it happens, it's not always as bad as I think it would be. As for 'Unknown situation', my mind jumps to being abducted by aliens, or the thoughts of those sort. I guess ending up in a hospital could be counted as one, perhaps unexpected/unlikely one. While at the time I was quite a different person, I'd like to think I'm still as adaptable as I was before (made a bunch of friends, and it turned out into a decent experience).

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I try to be rational and calm, but I have a tendency to become irritable. I can get impulsive, too.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

Depends on what kind of situation it exactly is; what made it enjoyable. Today, for example, I was standing outside as (sort of heavy) wind blew towards me, and I felt... peaceful, lol. If I'm really enjoying something, say music, movie, etc, I tend to become excited, somewhat hyper even for a short amount of time. More friendly and talkative too, less self-conscious.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

It can be nice. I'm not a fan of the second as much, but I think that can change.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

It depends. I recognize some people might appreciate some of those more than I do, and might find them helpful. Plenty of 'rules' are there for a reason, but most of those rules shouldn't be needed so one would know how to behave. As long they're rational I've got no issue with it. Aversion to nudity, for example, isn't quite rational for me - which basically means one should mind their own business, not that I want to be a nudist. Heh. Although, everything's got it's place, so to say. (I can imagine someone analyzing my post and writing '???' here, haha).

Traditions can be nice.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

Hmm, I guess authority can be helpful, and it should be. I try to be respectful. I punched a cop once. Don't try it at home.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

They don't mean much to me. I like order, but I play in chaos. It's hard to maintain it, and as much as I try sometime, it nearly always fails (my desktop is a mess, but my room not much).

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

:/ There are multiple possible answers from multiple possible moods. Death (not of myself), and how I'd react. Loneliness. Don't we all?

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

Lately, not much. Lately, as in last x years, lol. But I have a general idea what I'd want to be; happy, with some friends, and enjoying life as much as it's possible. I'm not an outdoorsy-type, but I do like to run sometime (rarely).

16. a) What activities energize you most?

Movies, music, talking to friends occasionally.

b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Socializing, especially with a group of people. Trying to understand things/read stuff, and failing to do so. Arguments.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

I'm curious. I'm not a fan of labels, and till recently I didn't think this could be right, mostly because I've never really thought about how it works. I know everyone is different, but it still seems a bit interesting.

INTP/ISTP. The first one mostly because a lot of it seems to 'fit' with me and how I see myself, but I'm probably off on it. The second has some similar points, but some of the main ones doesn't seem to be like me.

INTP appeals to me, because it seems... nice? Fitting? Or perhaps just wishful thinking? I dunno.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

Well, I'm new to this, obviously, so I'm not sure what exactly might be relevant, but I'll give it a shot, since I was a bit vague on some questions.

I'm one of those that'd rather take my emotions, chain them up, and throw them into a river than deal with 'em, but I realize that's not the best way of dealing with them. I don't like sharing them with people because, for some wonderful reason, it'd usually result in my feeling vulnerable more than I'd prefer, and I tend to back away.

Other than that, I'm not quite sure.

I'd appreciate any help, even if you're not certain, because, why the hell not! Thanks :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I figured as much :/ Si, definitely, while both have (from what I've found) some things that don't really fit with me, Si has more than a few that do fit.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
@WhatNowAmigo

Some sort of introverted feeler (IxFx) is all I can gather...leaning towards ISFx. I can't really find anything else at this current time. I believe we need to go into completely analysis time. :happy:

Reactions: WhatNowAmigo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks :) After going through another thread, I'm leaning towards ISTP though... I guess I need to learn more about it so I can answer the questions properly.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I read your questionnaire and actually before reading your own thoughts of your type, got the same idea. So I was thinking IXTP. Though I'm not sure. I think I was actually first thinking Fi, so IXFP, and I'm not sure at which point I changed my opinion, but yes somehow I was thinking introverted judging anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks @pivot_turn ! I appreciate taking your time to help me figure it out :) After looking for more information, I came across the "Survival Guide for Non-ISTPs" on wiki, and now I'm pretty certain I'm ISTP. It goes pretty good into details (I can't post the link yet :p).

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
I thought ISFP or ISTP. If Ti-Fe looks like you, stick to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts