Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
INFP 9w1 Phlegmatic-Sanguine sp/so EII
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me (an INFP), I'd say it's how much I like to go out/outside. Even if I'm by myself. Even if I don't know anyone and won't talk to anyone. I love getting ready to go places and just being there, even if I'm lost in my own thoughts. I like watching people, wondering what their lives are like, and thinking about life in different environments is so good and refreshing.
I've always been this way. Even when I was younger, I enjoyed going to parties my parents were invited to, even though there was nothing "interesting" for me to do there. Just watching everyone interact was already interesting.
I love seeing places filled with people. In my mind, they're happy and having a good time.

I was actually thinking about that while I was on a walk outside haha so I came up with an idea for this post. Maybe it's not too uncommon for INFPs due to strong Ne, but many introverts prefer staying indoors.

If you're also INFP, let me know if you're the same way :)

·
Registered
INTJ 5w6 538 so/sp
305 Posts
I like to help others, sometimes I will help even though I don't have the energy to do so (especially if it's something like tutoring them). I think it comes from a denial of my own needs. But with the advice of a friend, it's something I'm working on.

·
Registered
INFP 9w1 Phlegmatic-Sanguine sp/so EII
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like to help others, sometimes I will help even though I don't have the energy to do so (especially if it's something like tutoring them). I think it comes from a denial of my own needs. But with the advice of a friend, it's something I'm working on.
It's always good to help others! But I'm glad you're working on that

·
Registered
INTJ 5w6 538 so/sp
305 Posts
It's always good to help others! But I'm glad you're working on that
Thanks, good to hear that I'm on the right track.
I began to be more active in helping others in an effort to be a kinder person as I used to be extremely callous and much more like a "typical" INTJ when I was younger. It was a lot harder to get what I wanted as well as respect from others, so I learned to cooperate. Over time, my actions became more sincere and soon I found myself genuinely wanting to give more. Now I overdo helping others, so I have to find the middle ground.

·
Registered
ISFP
12 Posts
I'm an ISFP. I'm not very coordinated or good at physical skills in general. Also I'm not usually much aware of my surroundings. I've always been more of a daydreamer detached from reality than someone who enjoys "living in the moment" lol.
Also, not sure if this goes against stereotypes, but I'm more of a people pleaser than an individualist.

·
Registered
INFP-A 9w8
43 Posts
I take the lead when there's no one willing/capable to do so. I also plan a lot of social events but that's usually because my social circle is extremeeeely introverted. Hmm. This might not be so atypical considering my circumstances. But I do think that I'm a bit more assertive than the infp stereotype tends to imply.

·
Registered
INFP, 4w5 sx/sp ♂
1,383 Posts
  • I engage with the world a lot — I like to get out and visit fun places. I can’t stay inside my house all day, and I would not be happy living as a hermit. Lockdowns were a nightmare for me.
  • I’m also a bit of a thrill seeker. Not a risk taker, though. I won’t skydive, for example, but I love theme parks and carnival rides. Like the OP, I love being outside. And I love sunny, warm weather.
  • I do not struggle with “hard logic” or constructing arguments, and I am a STEM student. Very happy with my chosen area of study. :)
  • I would hate doing social work, which is supposedly a favored career for my type.
  • I’m obsessed with schedules, goals, study strategies, grades, and to-do lists, though this was a learned strategy for productivity (Te, I guess).
  • I try to take good care of my appearance.
  • It is important for me to have a career that pays well. It’s not THE most important thing, but it IS a factor.
  • I have a temper. Oh boy, this is not a good thing!
  • I don’t see myself as principled, laid-back, flexible, or highly moralistic. I don’t have some crazy desire to achieve world peace or spend my life volunteering in third world countries. I think those INFP descriptions are heavily skewed towards 9w1 enneagram types.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,501 Posts
-Apparently that I'm generally responsive and don't regularly door slam people or promote the practice.
-That cloudy/rainy days aren't my favorite, I'm a sunshine girl.
-That black and/or gray aren't my favorite colors to wear (unless paired with a bright or pastel colors).
-That I don't always care all that much about preserving people's feelings, I think the truth and transparency matters more. Though, I'm an INFJ and not ENFJ, so maybe that's some what typical of my type. I've been told I don't mince words on more than one occasion.
-That I don't really feel like I wear much of an Fe mask because on some level, I find it fake. I like to exude warmth to put others at ease though. In the end, when I compare myself to others though, I can see that I do.
-That I'm not hard to get to know (at least online). I'm an open book online as a way to weed out incompatible people. More of a closed, shy book in person though.
-That I'm not baffled by my own internal feelings about things. I'm super introspective and prefer to dive into them because I'm not scared of my own emotions. I think I temporarily get distracted from focusing on my feelings at times if I'm focused on other people's feelings, but that's different.
-That I'm happy and not depressed (though I've gone through phases of that when I was younger). Seems like a lot of IxFx types fall into depression at one point or another.

·
Registered
INTJ
1,205 Posts
  • Not as detached in my manner of speaking.
  • Not as interested in debating just for the hell of it—I find it to be a waste of time, unless there’s something to be gained.
  • I don’t tend to jump at opportunities to correct someone as much, unless I find it necessary enough.
  • Not as confrontational. In general, I just have low energy. I will let shit slide unless you start ice skating, in which case I will put an end to it.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,334 Posts
I'm INFP as well, and I think I'm pretty typical, but I suppose there are a few things that are at least not so 'stereotypical'.

• I'm not really into poetry
  • I'm not generally depressed, I don't like sad things or melancholly music
  • while I am very emotional, I don't really like super emotional entertainment
  • I may be a little more practical than expected when it comes to romance, I don't really idealize people or think there's One person out there who is 'meant for me'

- I can relate with the original post a bit, while I do prefer being indoors, I don't mind crowds. I don't really want to interact with people, but just weaving through a crowd or waiting in a long line or being in a busy store doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
INTP
5,987 Posts
I'm extremely punctual.

I hate debating.

I only like music with a strong beat (e.g., reggaeton).

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
  1. I am a happy INFP. I can't remember the last time I was depressed.
  2. I can't stand "deep" shit amongst humans. Actually, I'd rather research the Deep Stuff on my own and not talk to you at all.
  3. I'm not emo or dark or morbid or sad or depressed.
  4. I'm so far from a 4, it ain't even funny.
  5. I ain't into all that touchy-feely romantic stuff.
  6. If romance means beauty, count me in.
  7. I LOVE SMALL TALK. If forced to talk to another human, I want to talk about the weather, not, your drama.
  8. I care about you, I hope you succeed, but why do you need to tell me about it? :ROFLMAO:
  9. I don't believe in Duality. Like - - - >> "now I'm happy, now I have to be sad".
  10. Not a fan of intimacy.
  11. Not a fan of vulnerability.
  12. Not a fan of emotions. Waaaay too taxing.
  13. I like to keep it "positive". And light. And not complicated. Keep it simple stupid (KISS)
  14. I have A LOT of 5 characteristics and some 9. Seriously... I'm NOT a 4!
  15. I am phlegmatic. NOT melancholic.
  16. I had about 10,000 books. I'm a reader. I read all day. All my life.
  17. I am early for appointments.
  18. Oh my freakin' GOD -- I forgot the most important one!!! I hate all poetry! I swear, except for The Masters, it sucks... it sucks!
Things I DO MATCH w/INFP:
  1. I can't stand conflict.

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w6 Sp/Sx 593
1,589 Posts
Generally speaking, I had a hard time identifying as an INTJ at first. Just because I found the "Mastermind" stereotypes to be really pathetic. It just sounds like one big ego-trip.
But having been professionally typed as INTJ a couple of times now, I guess I'm stuck with it. Most traits INTJs seem to share I also happen to inhibit, but there are a few differences I've noticed.

• I really hate pointless or needlessly complicated debates. INTJs apparently have the reputation to be argumentative for no reason, and I find it annoying.
  • I prefer to be tactful whenever possible. If you are constantly blunt, it often creates more problems than it's worth dealing with, so I think it pays to be proper. I like to pick my battles.
  • I don't like ordering people around. I have a method in directing my own activities, but people are free to choose their own methods in whatever fashion works for them.
  • Generally speaking, I prefer to be calm and collected most of the time. In the event I do get serious, I want it to be for a good reason.

Though I do still fit some of the stereotypes. I've been told I can get "intense" and "aggressive" by family and friends when I get pushed. I think that's closer to the INTJ stereotype.
That aggressiveness, and my regular obliviousness to how others perceive me sometimes, can get me into trouble if I'm not careful.
Hell, I even once insulted my aunt because one debate got heated. Don't ask me what the debate was about, I don't remember.
Now in my defense, I didn't realize that was my aunt until well-after the discussion, and the insult was (probably) warranted.

·
Registered
INTJ
1,205 Posts
Generally speaking, I had a hard time identifying as an INTJ at first. Just because I found the "Mastermind" stereotypes to be really pathetic. It just sounds like one big ego-trip.
But having been professionally typed as INTJ a couple of times now, I guess I'm stuck with it. Most traits INTJs seem to share I also happen to inhibit, but there are a few differences I've noticed.

• I really hate pointless or needlessly complicated debates. INTJs apparently have the reputation to be argumentative for no reason, and I find it annoying.
  • I prefer to be tactful whenever possible. If you are constantly blunt, it often creates more problems than it's worth dealing with, so I think it pays to be proper. I like to pick my battles.
  • I don't like ordering people around. I have a method in directing my own activities, but people are free to choose their own methods in whatever fashion works for them.
  • Generally speaking, I prefer to be calm and collected most of the time. In the event I do get serious, I want it to be for a good reason.

Though I do still fit some of the stereotypes. I've been told I can get "intense" and "aggressive" by family and friends when I get pushed. I think that's closer to the INTJ stereotype.
That aggressiveness, and my regular obliviousness to how others perceive me sometimes, can get me into trouble if I'm not careful.
Hell, I even once insulted my aunt because one debate got heated. Don't ask me what the debate was about, I don't remember.
Now in my defense, I didn't realize that was my aunt until well-after the discussion, and the insult was (probably) warranted.

View attachment 880103
This is all highly relatable.

·
Registered
ENTJ (and in denial about it)
5 Posts
Hi! I am a 30 year old female ENTJ. In general, I am having a hard time accepting that I am (as definitely as possible) an ENTJ, despite the fact that I have been tested professionally (with feedback from my peers from both professional and personal circles) several times throughout my 20s. Why?
1. It's often said that entjs come across as emotionally ignorant and sort of unaware of social cues cuz they focus on communicating what they seem to deem as logical, etc. I truly think I have excellent empathy and in general, ability to sense the room. Also I am very emotionally sensitive which messes with my life on a regular... But I value cognition and logic just as much. I just honestly don't even distribute these 2 aspects as opposite values in my head. Both aspects are important to me and both play a heavy role in my decision making process depending on the situation and circumstances. In my personal relationships I am 90% emotion- driven, in professional life - the opposite. It is like comparing apples and oranges in my world.
2. My "E" is rather weak. Again, E and I are a spectrum, you can't be 100% one or another. But if I were to put myself on that scale today, I am certainly closer to I and that is something I noticed that has been coming with age. Not like I dislike or have a hard time communicating with people, it's just my social battery depletes quick because if I am with someone, I want to be 100% present with them and actually have a meaningful conversation. Can any other ENTJ relate? I am excited to hear everyone else's input and thoughts please!

·
Registered
ENTJ (and in denial about it)
5 Posts
This is all highly relatable.
I am an ENTJ and I actually relate.
Food for thought: there are different mbtis but also there are different levels of "health" in each type. The way I see it, the healthier you develop as a person, the less (stereotypycally) negative traits of your type you exhibit? 😉

1 - 20 of 31 Posts