Personality Cafe banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I’m not insanely social: I wear the hat appropriate for the needs of a situation. I’d say I’m usually very content when other people take leads as long as they do not impose. Probably because I’m more task than people oriented.

I can take or leave being with people. I don’t always feel like I’m missing something if I don’t attend something.

I don’t party all the time. Well I mean I am 37 now so 🤷🏻‍♀️. But I mean like even in younger years. Like even back in the day when I went to parties I wasn’t just always acting a fool. Alotta times even though I was wild in action like streaking or whatever, I’d set back and watch the fools who got way too lit. Not saying I never had my moments. But I did not make a career outta being shit faced.

Uh probably the fact I go on forums. Or that I’m even into Mbti 🤣.

According to my kids:
I can be sensitive and take things personally.
I’m paranoid
But they still insist I’m am ESTP.
I even asked what else and they said nope pretty much you’re like an ESTP otherwise.

I said yeah but I’m not really into adrenaline. They said just cuz ya don’t jump off a cliff doesn’t mean you’re not ESTP. I was like dude I’m asking for reasons I’m not like one, you’re very little help.

·
Registered
ISFP; 6w7-4w5-9w8 sp/sx
83 Posts
1. I'm not an ambivert, or rather, I'd never get mistaken for an extravert. (I'm not sure if this is even an ISFP stereotype, but it seems to be quite prevalent in online descriptions of the type)
2. I suck at sports, particularly team sports, which is something the xSxP types are supposedly good at.
3. I've never cared much about fashion/trends
4. I don't suck at math (?) Not that I'm good at it, but I can get by.

That's all I can think of :)

·
Registered
ENFP 4w3 416 sx/so
26 Posts
Almost everything. I am an extreme ENFP to my own mind, but I only show to others the parts of me that won't warrant me criticism (mainly Te). My extroversion is also much more related to actual information and concepts than people (I am almost a recluse lol).

·
Registered
ENTJ, 3w4 sx/sp, 386 Tritype
2,897 Posts
I am atypical in a sense that I do not fit the stereotypes of the type. Such as liking running business, being an CEO boss owner of it, or interested and being natural at leading or being born leader.

·
Registered
INFJ still fits least bad
6,813 Posts
Even though I struggled with this when I was younger, for reasons not type related, I find, now, when with a group, I tend to be rather chatty and like to make jokes and laugh about things whenever its appropriate.
I'm not passive aggressive; I can't stand passive aggressiveness. I don't give people the silent treatment, because if you don't communicate what you want from people how will they know?
I also don't doorslam people; I always leave my door open. People can change, after all.
I like playing sports for recreation, on occasion. I played a game of rounders fairly recently and was a decent batter. I'm looking forward to being in a bigger place, so I can start practicing dance a few times a week.

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 648
312 Posts
I'm not a literal hippie, I don't love everyone, I don't hate confrontation, I don't love animals, I don't hate horror movies (I don't even know why that's a stereotype but I've seen it in a lot), I don't believe in "live and let live", I don't relate to any infp celebrities, I'm not very individualistic and I don't empathize with people that don't deserve it.

·
Registered
INTP, 953 sp/sx
241 Posts
1. I`m quite athletic, I like fishing, hunting, hiking, and sports.
2. I`m quite active in social situations.
3. I like teaching/coaching because it gives me a way to help others in a more detached way.

Most of this is probably because of my childhood/enneagram, otherwise I am very stereotypical.

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
19,243 Posts
I am not always in the mood to interact with others, nor do I always feel the need to debate.

Reactions: Eugenia Shepherd
Guardian Shepherdess
1,821 Posts
Responsible, straightforward, realistic. Generally hardworking. Happy but very serious most of the time.
While I enjoy face-to-face conversations, I'm not extremely chatty.
Very selective when it comes to relationships. Private.
Due to my dominant self-preservation instinct and enneagram 3, I'm pretty heavy on the Te for an ENFP.

·
Registered
INFP
683 Posts
I share a lot of characteristics with the stereotypical INFP. I can be highly emotional, appreciate many of the arts, have good writing skills, etc. There are a few important areas where I diverge.

1) I work in a STEM field. When I took the SATs though, I scored way higher on verbal ability than math. Why am I in STEM then? I just kind of fell into it, thanks to a fascination with video games of all things.

2) I’ve been told I’m ‘responsible’ and ‘reliable’ multiple times, and I’m very punctual. This runs counter to the stereotype I’m familiar with; a starry eyed dreamer with no awareness of time.

2) Even though math isn’t my strong suit, I’m still halfway decent at it. (I took math up through Calculus III until I hit Linear Algebra, at which point my brain exploded.)

3) I’m fascinated by hard science, though I generally have to take a high level view of it as opposed to getting down in the weeds.

4) I can force myself to extremely logical and linear, but only for short bursts. Normally my thought patterns are rather, well, non-linear. E.g., when handwriting I have a tendency to write the first two or three letters of a word, then the last letter, then backfill the remaining characters. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
For me (an INFP), I'd say it's how much I like to go out/outside. Even if I'm by myself. Even if I don't know anyone and won't talk to anyone. I love getting ready to go places and just being there, even if I'm lost in my own thoughts. I like watching people, wondering what their lives are like, and thinking about life in different environments is so good and refreshing.
I've always been this way. Even when I was younger, I enjoyed going to parties my parents were invited to, even though there was nothing "interesting" for me to do there. Just watching everyone interact was already interesting.
I love seeing places filled with people. In my mind, they're happy and having a good time.

I was actually thinking about that while I was on a walk outside haha so I came up with an idea for this post. Maybe it's not too uncommon for INFPs due to strong Ne, but many introverts prefer staying indoors.

If you're also INFP, let me know if you're the same way :)
Same for me, as an INFP I like getting out, just not everyday in a row. As a mom now, I get out a lot with my kids.
My atypical is I’ve never understood the whole, head in the clouds thing. I don’t feel like I am lost in my own world ever, if I’m around people. If people are around me, they are my priority, and I am typically very present.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts