Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a personal topic for me, because I enjoy coffee so much.
The best cup of coffee I ever had was with my parents on Christmas a couple years ago. I don't know why, but something about being with those who love you unconditionally made it that much stronger. I'm pretty sure it wasn't even the best tasting coffee either, but it was the best cup of coffee i ever had. :happy:

·
Premium Member
15,250 Posts
Wow, just about impossible to say for me. My dad makes a great cup of coffee. My paternal grandmother made a great cup of coffee. Starbucks ain't too bad! Rise-up coffee is soooo good. The cup I make every morning is pretty good too. I just can't pick. Thank god for coffee. :laughing:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I Loooove coffee! I like it rich, dark, sweet....I don't know what the best cup I've ever had is but I had one that inspired a great poem one time! :crazy: If I have a good cup of coffee and good company that to me is one of lifes perfect moments.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Loooove coffee! I like it rich, dark, sweet....I don't know what the best cup I've ever had is but I had one that inspired a great poem one time! :crazy: If I have a good cup of coffee and good company that to me is one of lifes perfect moments.
so true! it's like time stops when we have these moments.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I was at a Boulongerie in Paris....eating a pastry...and drinking the tiniest cup of coffee I have ever seen! It was wonderful! I will never forget that moment or that cup of coffee (technically espresso I guess). :happy:

4,757 Posts
When I was with my dad - for the first time I had coffee the way he likes it: an Americano (or a long black for Australians) with a drop of milk. Fantastic.

Also, the coffee I get fresh from the machine on a cold winter morning. Mmm, the steam wafting off the mug, being wrapped up in a blanket and shuffling along half asleep.

·
Registered
335 Posts
my best cup of coffee was a sweet experience at my now 'all time favorite coffee shop' in copenhagen

i like when the coffee taste sweet but without the use of sugar!
a cappuccino is what i usually get or an iced latte with skinny milk and with no use of sweetener (thats not tasting sweet but i sure like it)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Mm mm mm.

I don't have a memory of the best coffee I ever had, but I have had several memorable coffee experiences. Like the first time I tried Arabic coffee, and chickory coffee to come to think of it, in New Orleans almost 8 years ago. And the first time I ordered coffee at the Ethiopian restuarant in Pittsburgh, where they make it with cloves. Such a pleasant surprise! :O Now I do that every once in a while for a change.

Otherwise, I have many memories from college of eaaaarrrly morning coffees. It's almost like the flavor is twice as intense (
) in the morning, and since I find the flavor so relaxing and homey, it was a really good destressor. The first taste of coffee on mornings like that woke me up and at the same time sent a rush of relaxation through me. :) And if I needed a mental break, all I needed was a sip to escape. I can easily get myself lost in a good cup of coffee. :cool:

·
MOTM February 2014
4,787 Posts
The best moment I had coffee was an evening where most of my family was over at my house. I don't remember why for, but my two grandparents, aunt, uncle, sister, parents were all here. I was sitting on the loveseat with my mom and my sister, aunt, and uncle were playing a Wii game where they had to follow a dance routine. My mom and I joined in doing a horrible impression of them :crazy: It was funnier than I'm describing it, probably. But I had a mug of coffee (with Bailey's) before/during/after.

However, the best tasting cup of coffee was in Iron Mountain, MI. Good god, they make brilliant hazlenut coffee...

·
Banned
3,426 Posts
murderegina, that reminds me of one time when I was traveling by plane, and I stopped at the Starbucks at every airport I had to make a connection in XD I had like 2 or 3 in one day :happy: It was my US Starbucks Tour :proud:

·
Registered
406 Posts
wasn't coffee, but the best cup of hot chocolate I ever had was... it was a few years ago so I do not remember what was happening during that time, but I knew I was just wanting a hot chocolate, I asked for extra chocolate, and it was "oh, so good". I've had hot chocolate at that same place later, but it just wasn't the same. Something to do with everything coinciding into that 'perfect moment', and I'll remember that moment forever.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts