Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need to know the difference between the two. I am always reading the wrong information, and people practically make the two sound the same, except for Ne is broad, while Ni is deep.

Any suggestions please?

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
as I understand it, it is same function that takes sensory information from outside world and builds models, sees patterns and cause-effect relationships

only Ni works to rearrange the model of the world you have inside your mind giving you ability to see reality from multiple perspectives
and Ne works with the world outside of yourself and gives you ability to see how reality can be re-arranged to be, future potential and possibilities of this reality

Ni takes sensory data and goes "may be it is this way, or this way, or that way, or may be this way"
Ne takes sensory data and goes "may be it can be made to be this way, or that way, or this other way"

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
The best description of Ne that I have ever read was on 'greenlightwiki'...'Lenore Thompson'. But that site is unavailable at the moment, for some reason. Simulatedworld's post about the function attitudes is also very good.
Since I can't link the previous site which goes into more depth, I have a post in another thread in which I quoted parts of it and elaborated on it. It should give you an idea of what Ne is.

>>http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/28356-i-cant-decide-if-im-infp-enfp.html
...It's repetitive, has peeks of my Ti, and is extremely long, but it should help you understand Ne :laughing:

I don't really understand Ni, though...InvisibleJim's article on 'Ne and Ni interactions' was what just started making me understand Ni a bit more. But I'm still not completely confident in my understanding of it.

Reactions: vel
1 - 3 of 3 Posts