Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to know what kind of responses I'll get. This can be in regards to a romantic relationship, an extremely close friendship, a close family member, etc. Have you carved their name into your skin? Did you drink a cup of fat? (...allusion to Friends) Did you jump off a bridge just because they said so? (...with a parachute or bungee cord of course.)

What is the craziest thing you've ever done because you loved someone and do you regret it?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I loaned that bitch my Gamecube controller. I'm never getting it back. TT_TT

·
The Macabre
3,145 Posts
I sang Depeche Modes' Strangelove at the top of my lungs in the middle of a busy city street

I faced my own death.
I faced his death.
I forced myself to consider what love is.
I had all I belived in analyzed to the death.
I realized that nothing is for sure, especially love.

but of course, that is love with an INTJ.

Reactions: Xiong Mao

·
Banned
395 Posts
What is this 'love' you speak of? Does it taste good?

Hm.. I've done crazy things for some people I keep close to me. I went to see the movie for Twilight at the bidding of two friends, despite the fact that I already heard the entire story line from another, obsessed friend. It was maddening.

I gave a friend $100. No strings attached. I'm a broke college student, too.

I've always defended friends, despite disagreeing with their behavior. Tough love was withheld.

Dated a friend twice (two different friends). They both didn't quite end correctly and that was kind of annoying, but eh.

Went to a Taio Cruz concert just to be with some friends. Going also put off studying for the final I had the next day. It was fun, though, since there were 4 other acts aside from Taio. Plus, Patrick Stump was there!

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,520 Posts
I allowed myself to fall in love. “Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.” ~ Neil Gaiman

·
Banned
891 Posts
I grew up in an abusive household. When I met my now-husband, and he first told me how he felt about me, I had to do some thinking as to whether I wanted to get involved with him or not (mostly for religious reasons, but also because I knew my family hated him). At some point, this voice said to me, "You've never experienced real love before. He seems to care a lot for you. Let him love you. So I said yes to him.

Now, my family did not like this at all. They thought that he would "corrupt" me, as he was an atheist, and ten years my senior. When my now-husband and I had discussions about my abusive past, I realized more and more that real love is an action- the feeling of being "in love" is just a very nice accompaniment, in my mind. And when you learn what love is, you will discover very quickly what love is not. And I knew, that based on my parents' actions, they did not really love me- they just had an attachment to me, as I was their child. I was able to tolerate my family less and less as I distanced myself from them, and ultimately, I cut them out of my life completely.

Did I do it because my husband told me to? No, but I think he probably influenced my decision. And I don't regret cutting them off at all- they have done severe damage to me. It was not an easy thing to do, but it had to be done. I'm just really thankful that I had someone who stood by me when I had to make that difficult decision.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts