Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly is it that sets these two apart? Would a 4 6 x have insecure tendencies or troubleshooting natures in response to how they seem themselves or how it fits their image(as a 4)?

This I find really confusing. :proud: And I'm pretty new to enneagram, so a lot of information that has helped you, would help :)

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Keep in mind that the tritype fixes don't have as strong of an influence as the core. Tritype theory generally states that each fix is there in order to deal with the issues of each of the two remaining triads in a specific way. So for example, a 9 fixed 4 would react to conflict and have a relationship with anger that's typically 9like - meaning by denying their anger and avoiding confrontation. Similarly, a 6 fixed 4 would deal with anxiety and fear in a 6ish way.

That said, a 6 fixed 4 is still a 4. A 4 fixed 6 is still a 6. So their main fixation will be that of their core. Fours will struggle with image and identity issues, as well as envy. If you're having trouble figuring out which is your core, maybe you should look into what you struggle with most.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keep in mind that the tritype fixes don't have as strong of an influence as the core. Tritype theory generally states that each fix is there in order to deal with the issues of each of the two remaining triads in a specific way. So for example, a 9 fixed 4 would react to conflict and have a relationship with anger that's typically 9like - meaning by denying their anger and avoiding confrontation. Similarly, a 6 fixed 4 would deal with anxiety and fear in a 6ish way.
Interesting. So a 4 6 would be likely to go CP or Phobic once he/she has gotten to a point of anxiety or fear.

That said, a 6 fixed 4 is still a 4. A 4 fixed 6 is still a 6. So their main fixation will be that of their core. Fours will struggle with image and identity issues, as well as envy. If you're having trouble figuring out which is your core, maybe you should look into what you struggle with most.
I would say I struggle with shame and authenticity a lot. Though I've never really felt fear was a core fixation. In my head, fear can be removed when a lot of factors that instigate it are taken away, it's not something that I see myself fixated on naturally. I mean, I can feel shame, almost naturally.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
AverOblivious:3424166 said:
Interesting. So a 4 6 would be likely to go CP or Phobic once he/she has gotten to a point of anxiety or fear.
Yes. If you pay attention to @kaleidoscope and me at all, you'll notice that she's much more reactive than I am (I'm very conflict avoidant unless someone trashes my values, at which point I will become very aggressive -- my mother has often compared me to a pitbull), even though we're both 6-fixed 4s. There's a lot of variation within 6.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. If you pay attention to @kaleidoscope and me at all, you'll notice that she's much more reactive than I am (I'm very conflict avoidant unless someone trashes my values, at which point I will become very aggressive -- my mother has often compared me to a pitbull), even though we're both 6-fixed 4s. There's a lot of variation within 6.
lol. Yeah I can kinda see that in the text response in some ways too actually...

I really don't know whether I'm either or both reactive and avoidant. I can relate to being avoidant up until the point that a value is trashed, but I'm pretty considerate and open minded till that point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts