Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some writers differ with these two variant stacks and I dont know which one is telling me the "truth". For example with Naranjo and Chesnut I'm a 1 so/sp but with the descriptions i read at the internet I'm sp/so. Can you help me with this please? :D

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
Some writers differ with these two variant stacks and I dont know which one is telling me the "truth". For example with Naranjo and Chesnut I'm a 1 so/sp but with the descriptions i read at the internet I'm sp/so. Can you help me with this please? :D
Can you write about how you relate to the social instinct and the self-preservation instinct, and so/sp vs sp/so 1?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Social instinct:
Rigidity
Strong headed: My worst defect
Intellectual: I love to know about of a lot of subjects maybe that was the reason I was mistyped as a 5
Criticism: I'm trying to set aside this especially with friends or family
Teacher: I like to teach the things I know but I dont have a lot of patience so I turn a little bit angry when nobody understands me

Conservation:
Hard worker
When I'm stressed i have anxiety attacks
When I read "conservation" i think about an introverted guy
Repress anger, when I can't repress more anger I'm like an atomic bomb

1 sp/so vs 1 so/sp
Mmm I dont know how to spot them that the reason I created this thread

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Are you sure that you are a One-- or do you think MBTI typing might be getting in the way, i.e. ISTJ is the stereotypical "One MBTI type" so it might be influencing how you perceive your own Enneatype. In the same way INFJs often mistype as 4s, for example. Or an ESFP would mistype as 7.

·
Banned
4,227 Posts
I've known several ISTJ's of both these type combinations over the years, and overall they tend to be very similar types with similar interests and roles in work, community, etc.

This question made me think back to my college prep high school, where I had two ISTJ 1 SO/SP and ISTJ 1 SP/SO teachers who were remarkably similar. Both taught language classes (Latin and English, respectively), and both had worked at the school for many years as major figures at the school. They were both known for being very difficult graders, and for being demanding - not in a rude way, but in forcing you to perform at an extremely high level and put in incredible effort to be score even average grades.

The most noticeable differences I recall are in level of involvement with the greater social sphere (in this case the school), and how openly corrective of others they were. SP creates more of a focus on one's own self needs. I remember one instance where the SO/SP randomly chose students to stand up and recite Latin conjugations in front of everyone, complimenting "Mr. ___ - you're a big dog in the tall grass" if you got it right or making you feel like a complete fool (without saying even really saying a word) in front of everyone if you were obviously not prepared. The SP/SO would NEVER do something like this, but instead quietly collect the papers everyone wrote, take a couple days, and again quietly, return them as if every single one had gone through a bloodbath, with red pen literally covering the entire thing.

More to type and actual question :) I think the most noticeable difference would be focusing on what other people are doing well or not well, vs. focusing on self needs, and persistent concern that things won't play out the way you want because you aren't good enough. I'd see an ISTJ 1w9 SO being more assertive that they know the right way (the model way), and putting expectations on others to conform with more self-investment in whether or not they do so. I'd see an ISTJ 1w9 SP being a lot more soft-spoken and less openly critical/corrective, but internally tough on themselves to an extreme with more of an inner conflict from the burden they take on out of responsibility.

EDIT: Also, another difference I've noticed is, with SO 1's the standard is very much vocalized, made clear, and largely "is what it is" whereas with SP 1's, while you know they have high standards, I'm not sure that others are always aware of exactly what those standards are unless the SP 1 is specifically asked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts