1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What did you see/feel/think of first?
(Include your MBTI if you know it.)

What I saw:

1. "Oh, this looks nice and peacef- waaaaaiiiit a minute..." The window followed immediately by the blood and what appears to be pills on the floor. 2. What I thought was spilled garbage in the street, but was actually light reflecting off the water puddles. 3. The car, and the word "gore" on the side of the building.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
1st Image: The room is an absolute mess!, like what is that red liquid on the floor? Is it blood? The image doesn't look peaceful to me at all but rather weird, I get this absolute weird feeling about it I cannot understand. Like it's suppose to look calm but it's telling me to be completely dangerous and not safe at all. Is this image suppose to represent fear? Because that's the image I get looking at this GIF. As for the leaves, why are they super black and why does one of them look like hands?

2nd Image: Once again, has this sad feeling to it because of the constant rain and the poor electricity of the neon lights. It gives me reminders of nostalgia to be honest. Well because I always associate rain with nostalgia for some reason. Also the use of kanji makes me think the location is obviously in Japan, which I guess help add to the nostalgic value. The animation for the image is just so slow that it even supports my nostalgic thought. Really interesting point.

3rd Image: Is this suppose to represent the outcasts of society? Nothing at all looks happy in the image, even the bright purple sliding neon sign that says something. Also why is there gas/stean coming out of the floor? Leakage? I would link the image to corruption in my opinion because of the absolute look of the buildings and the road. It looks like an absolute ghetto. There's a broken down car, road plotholes with steam coming out of them, graffiti on the road. The absolute sign of corruption in my opinion and if it isn't I would be actually really surprised.

These images are honestly not peaceful at all, but rather more deep.

·
Registered
705 Posts

What did you see/feel/think of first?
(Include your MBTI if you know it.)

What I saw:

1. "Oh, this looks nice and peacef- waaaaaiiiit a minute..." The window followed immediately by the blood and what appears to be pills on the floor. 2. What I thought was spilled garbage in the street, but was actually light reflecting off the water puddles. 3. The car, and the word "gore" on the side of the building.
I glanced at all of them and was like “peaceful? Whaaaat....”

1) The screens everywhere were subconsciously distressing to me. Even one above the window? Why?! Felt like something or someone needed 24/7 monitoring. I didn’t like that feeling.

2) Raining, neon lights, dark alley in a city. This also gave me borderline anxiety as a woman.

3) This gave me a similar feeling to the second scene.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I felt absolutely calm and contemplating. The first pic sure contained a lot of mess but I can envision an INTP working or making a new theory in the perfect surrounding. (it's because my work desk is similarly cluttered.)

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
1. a storm

2. pathetic fallacy--a lonely city

3. the unknown (a car, or even a possible train, driving over a dreary environment, beyond the desolation without a glimmer of insight or care)

·
Registered
370 Posts
INFP
Image 1: Oh my! How comfy that all looks! Just like home. The animation is quite superb, I should really get back into animation myself. The style has quite a bit of character. (Then a long string of imagining what the TV could be playing and what the notes on the wall were.) (Another string of analyzing the color choices and admiring the use of the pallate, then getting more annoyed at myself for falling behind in art.) What a mess though, someone should clean up that spaghetti sauce stain off of the floor though.
Yeaaah, I didn't even realize it was blood until others mentioned it. I feel sort of stupid now, I just thought someone dropped a pizza slice by mistake.

Image 2: Hit over the head with how cold it must be. It's simultaneously a jarringly physically uncomfortable experience that would be overtaken by the way it made me feel. The sense of danger and an exotic feeling would overwhelm me, I would want to sit beneath a covered area and just look around. I watched the lights for a while and became annoyed at how poorly someone must have designed them and then beat-boxed a beat for the flashes of lights to correspond with.

Then I realized that the image would go quite nicely with an animated cyberpunk movie, so I mentally prepared a story to go along with it:

After that image, the camera pans down to reveal a technologically modified girl running under the bridge, cybernetics semi-exposed. They would crackle and flash every time a stray drop hit them. She pants and her eyes dart behind her. A siren slowly becomes more and more audible to the audience, with the flashes of emergency lights combatting the current pattern of lights caused by the flickering of the signs. The girl ducks behind the barbed-wire fence, panting and her breath condensating in the chilly air.

Drones race across the screen, going from the left side of the image off-screen to the right. A bit unsure but more confident that she is alone, the girl allows her panting to become slightly more audible. She grabs an old rag that is sitting atop a pile of boxes-- garbage that was long abandoned-- and ties it around the exposed cybernetics on her wrist to shield it from further damage from the rain.
In her hand, the reason she was running is revealed: a stolen illegal modification.
Image 3: Oh how perfect! This works with the story!

Now confident that she has momentarily evaded her pursuers, the girl ducks into an alleyway. She moves with confidence, stepping over obstacles that can barely be seen. It is clear she is familiar with the path. When she sees the new graffiti on the wall, however, she pauses and is clearly uncomfortable. "GORE." What does that mean? Probably just some mindless "street-art" from the delinquents that sometimes wandered into this abandoned part of the slums.

Her run turns to careful stalking through the alley and she presses herself against the wall. Turning the corner, she hides in the doorway of the abandoned building and peers out at her surroundings. On the street with the flashes, she sees young, reckless youth playing with firecrackers and rolls her eyes. Typical.

They are plenty distracted enough that she can duck past and hide in the broken down car she had been sleeping in for the past few days, she realizes. But then another noise becomes apparent through the white-noise of the train and above the hissing of the steam. She hears someone rummaging through equipment: her equipment. A young man, clad in a ragged coat and with a glowing eyepiece. He must be modified too. An outlaw, running from the authorities just like her. Mods are illegal to those like her, the lower class. The fact that he is rummaging through her welding tools and modification devices makes him an immediate target. She wagers whether or not she should confront him. If only the new mod in her hand was installed, perhaps she would have a chance to overpower him and save her tools.
And now I have class so the story ends here.

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
I’m a Ne user I think. My type still alludes me:

1. The first thing that came to mind was movement. I like the purple hue of the picture, lots of electronics. I didn’t notice the blood or even messiness of the room till it was pointed out (my focus was on the leaves of the tree). There’s also small white things on the floor, which I took as pills. The scenario that could be implied...

2. Bright lights in a storm, the only picture of the three with rain. Sort of makes me think of solitude and deep thought weirdly enough.

3. The lights really struck me in this one. I scrolled onto the picture just as the train passed over the section so the picture almost startled me. Lots of green, much unsettled and devoid. The pictures strike me as a progression through the night, the progression of a storm I suppose.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I’m a Ne user I think. My type still alludes me:

1. The first thing that came to mind was movement. I like the purple hue of the picture, lots of electronics. I didn’t notice the blood or even messiness of the room till it was pointed out (my focus was on the leaves of the tree). There’s also small white things on the floor, which I took as pills. The scenario that could be implied...

2. Bright lights in a storm, the only picture of the three with rain. Sort of makes me think of solitude and deep thought weirdly enough.

3. The lights really struck me in this one. I scrolled onto the picture just as the train passed over the section so the picture almost startled me. Lots of green, much unsettled and devoid. The pictures strike me as a progression through the night, the progression of a storm I suppose.
Very similar to how I saw the pictures, espeically the first two with a brewing storm in the first (the leaves of the tree being my initial focus as well) and loneliness for the second. We perceived the third picture similarly as well, which coud imply our cognitive functions are similar. Woo! I think we both waver on INFP and ENFP, among a couple others? Just thought I'd point that out.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
First one - yes. That's what I want. Windy night, it's starting to get dark, just me and some computers etc.. perfect. Not that messy, but, wouldn't be a million miles away. That's exactly how my wife imagines I would be, if we weren't together - I'd just be single forever, nerding out on the internet basically 24/7, find some way to work from home, have all the windows open because I love the rain and the wind etc. Hell yeah.

Second one - no real thoughts. I love the pixel-art style of all of these, though.

Third one - my kind of environment - would love to be there, light up a smoke (I don't smoke) and feel the cold, lonely night - I've got a thing for these kinds of scenes - I really like movies where they have scenery like that too.. stuff like The Warriors etc.. something about broken and beat down cities and alleys etc etc gets me every time.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
First of all, this would be kind of a cool way to analyze people's function use, I like this.

Okay, ESFP

These are really my aesthetic, lol. Even after I see the creepiness behind them they make me feel good. I actually love creepy things, I love the tingly unusual feeling it gives me. Kind of a rush. Dichotomizing it with some form of coziness is A+.

1. First thing I notice is the color palette. Soft cool tones mixed with soft warm ones that project a scene of twilight. Maybe the winds moving the leaves outside add to the "cozy" initial reaction I get. Then I immediately see that they're moving "wrong". That makes me notice the blood on the floor and the laptop, something happened there. Static on the TV meant to give a feeling of unrest. I still like how it all ties together, still feel good about the picture. Last thing I think about is this weird-ass setup of the room, what the fuck was this person doing in there lol. Might have been multiple people but I got the impression it was just one eccentric person looking for something. Now I feel kind of an urge to go find this person (people) and what happened to them. Let's GO SON.

2. This one also made me feel good, and I noticed it at the same time that I was first realizing that the first one was creepy. The color palette being confluent with the first one was the initial thing I noticed. Then I feel "pulled" into it. Like it's directing me somewhere. All the signs flashing at once make me feel urged forward, as do the diagonal rains (unrest again, like the leaves from before). The flashing signs make me feel like something fucked up came through there, lol. I feel like I'm chasing after some bad shit now, and I'm ready to get fucked.

3. Now we're getting into the thick of things, I know because the color palette is changing. Then I notice we're under the train, probably from image 1 in the cityscape. I notice some very obvious unrest around here in the trashed urban scene, especially with the steam (coming from the street drains?). I read the "gore" writing on the wall, which made it sink in. Then my eyes immediately gravitate to that creepy-ass figure everyone seems to be missing behind the right end of the car, LOL. HELLO. What is it doing? I feel like it might just be a person doing something like digging through trash. It's certainly not what I feel pulled towards, I feel pulled into that creepy-ass alley. But that guy is sure as hell a glaring sign that there's something weird going on. Even if it is a threat and not a person just portrayed to look shady, I feel like it'd run away if I got close, which is why I'd also go into the alley area.

Where'd you get these from? Is this a game?

·
Code Cracked
7,953 Posts
ESTP

The person had someone/people under surveillance or stalking. They either were caught by who they had under surveillance and killed or committed suicide. The place has since been abandoned.

The rain is peaceful. The neon lights not so much.

Anybody in that area is up to no good or no good can come from them being in that area.

The only "Peaceful" things about any of them is ~ 1. It is night 2. The weather.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
The first thing I thought was The King of Fighters. Two of those three pictures are very similar to the backgrounds from said series. The King of Fighters '99, in particular, as well as Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts