Personality Cafe banner

What is the grossest thing you have found in your food?

• HAIR/ FUR

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • FEATHER

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • EGGSHELL

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • BUG/ INSECT

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • MOUSE/ RAT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • METAL

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • PLASTIC

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • PAPER

• FINGERNAIL

• BEAK/ HOOF

• BONE/ CARTILAGE /FISH SCALE

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • OTHER -PLEASE EXPLAIN

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever looked down at your plate & found something that shouldn't be on your food?
Please share your stories.

·
Banned
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone is going to find a "prize" in their food it's me! :laughing: I have found hair so many times that I just cut the food it's touching away, & eat around it. The grossest feeling is crunching down on something that should be soft, like finding eggshells in your pancakes. I have found plastic in my food too. Things like this not only gross you out, cause you to stop eating, & throw the food away, but it can also cause food poisoning, or worse!

My friend is a little worse off than me, these are some of the odd things she has found in her food:
A metal screw, a hairy nipple, & an animal tooth! :shocked:

My mother's co-worker ended up swallowing part of a latex glove, or condom, that was cooked into a pie. Even though she induced vomiting when she discovered it, she ended up getting deathly ill because she was allergic to latex. :crazy:

·
Registered
929 Posts
A maggot ....

Reactions: Mmmm

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Found a fruit fly in my drink once. Now I won't leave a drink unattended without putting a napkin over the top to shield it.

·
Registered
ENTJ 8w9
1,673 Posts
I once found a bee in a bottle of juice... but that was about it. And it wasn't like I found it gross. I actually felt sorry for the bee which seemed... unwell... disoriented... hurt... But other than that? Nope! Nothing!

·
Banned
INFP 9w1 sp/so
2,470 Posts
I found pineapple on my pizza once. Ew.

Reactions: Jaune and Suntide

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Something beyond recognition in a fast food chicken nugget. It was about the size of a child’s marble, deep blue-green in color. It appeared to be decomposing animal matter of some type. It had the consistency of jellied snot.

Having cleaned chickens from scratch, I can say I never saw anything like that in a chicken.

And that was the last chicken (Mc) nugget I ever had contact with. Thank goodness I saw it before I ate it.

·
Registered
Computer says INTP
597 Posts
The bristles from a scrubbing brush in Chinese takeaway.

A roast chicken that had a few feathers on it and feet attached.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Live maggots or whatever (white, maybe 5 mm), in an unopened plastic bag of cookies. How they got in there I don't know.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I also found a long dark hair in my ice cream, inside the wrapper.

It wasn't my favorite thing ever, but I still ate the ice cream after removing the hair.

·
Registered
INTP
251 Posts
Glass shards in my shot of Scotch. Not exactly gross, but it gave me saw flasbacks. No one knows how they got there, I watched him pour it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts