Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
compliment that you have received?

Name one only please :D It could be about anything :)

Now, go!!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
"You'll be an amazing mom one day."

I almost got teary when I was told this. Being a mother is such a deep desire of mine that it physically hurts to think about not being able to have babies. I've got PCOS and have been on medication for it for a while, and conceiving will be hard for me, possibly impossible if the PCOS gets uncontrollable. I want to be a mom so badly. I WILL be a mom.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
timely.grace,

I am so sorry to hear about your condition.

Here is a hug for you *hug*

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"You make me feel like my best self when I am with you."

Still makes me feel great when I remember that compliment!
that is a great compliment :)

thx for sharing

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you :happy:

It's not the end of the world, but it sucks to know that it'll take a bit more effort to have babies.
Ah well, it'll make it even more of a blessing when it happens.
timely.grace,

:) keep up the positive thoughts :)

In life, sometimes, there are things that are out of our control. I went through that experience. I was very frustrated with my fate. I was very young when I went through that life altering experience. But, in the end, I figured that the only way to get past that stage was to accept it for what it was. I had to stand back up and concentrate on what I could actually do. I overcame it. It was tough. Very tough. However, like they said, what does not break you will make you stronger. The experience surely did make me a lot stronger.

Now, you should focus on what you can do and let things be. When it happens, it will be a big blessing. :)

I hope that you will continue to have positive thoughts like the response you just wrote above, Melissa :)

Reactions: timely.grace

·
Registered
156 Posts
timely.grace,

:) keep up the positive thoughts :)

In life, sometimes, there are things that are out of our control. I went through that experience. I was very frustrated with my fate. I was very young when I went through that life altering experience. But, in the end, I figured that the only way to get past that stage was to accept it for what it was. I had to stand back up and concentrate on what I could actually do. I overcame it. It was tough. Very tough. However, like they said, what does not break you will make you stronger. The experience surely did make me a lot stronger.

Now, you should focus on what you can do and let things be. When it happens, it will be a big blessing. :)

I hope that you will continue to have positive thoughts like the response you just wrote above, Melissa :)
Thank you! You're great! Just thought you should know :happy:
I know that PCOS is out of my control. I'm not bitter or cynical about life because of it, it's just an unfortunate situation is all. And like we've both said, babies will be so much more of a blessing to me when I am given them :)
I'm generally a very positive thinker. 2 years ago, I think people were getting sick of how positive I was haha. I was so happy it was unbelievable! I'm getting back there, it just takes time, is all.
Do you mind sharing your experience? I don't want to pry or anything, though, so if it's too personal, tell me to zip it :blushed:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thank you! You're great! Just thought you should know :happy:
I know that PCOS is out of my control. I'm not bitter or cynical about life because of it, it's just an unfortunate situation is all. And like we've both said, babies will be so much more of a blessing to me when I am given them :)
I'm generally a very positive thinker. 2 years ago, I think people were getting sick of how positive I was haha. I was so happy it was unbelievable! I'm getting back there, it just takes time, is all.
Do you mind sharing your experience? I don't want to pry or anything, though, so if it's too personal, tell me to zip it :blushed:
Melissa,

I would like to see your old positive self come back :p Keep it up, M :)

edited....

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Timely.grace,

I edited my response above. I did not want to leave it hanging.

Best wishes....

·
Registered
89 Posts
every compliment i receive is very special, but one that seems to really stick as something i can remeber when i feel down and that helps me het a grip again goes like this - "it's such a calm and homely feeling being here. things just somehow make more sense around you."

however, sometimes i think that maybe the fact that people feel so calm with me is not such a good thing, since i'm always afraid it could get boring. then again, if even a friend with a severe sleep disorder can easily fall asleep at my place, i really don't care if that's out of boredom or something else, as long as it does them good.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thank you so, so much for that. It means a lot to me. I actually don't know how to express my thankfulness properly. Words seem to do it an injustice.

I am currently waiting on a hopeful acceptance letter into the bachelor's of psychiatric nursing program. It's something that I've thought about since I was a little kid and I think I would be heartbroken if I got rejected. I can't even imagine how you must have felt to have your dreams right at your fingertips and then having it be torn away. You're a strong woman. I'm so glad to hear that you're happy with where your life is and that you've found something that you're passionate about.

Thank you for sharing as well. I imagine that was a hard time for you, and for you to share that with not only me, but everyone who reads that is amazing. You're an awesome person, hun :)

I'll overcome my obstacles, absolutely. And babies will be such a blessing for me :happy:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
every compliment i receive is very special, but one that seems to really stick as something i can remeber when i feel down and that helps me het a grip again goes like this - "it's such a calm and homely feeling being here. things just somehow make more sense around you."

however, sometimes i think that maybe the fact that people feel so calm with me is not such a good thing, since i'm always afraid it could get boring. then again, if even a friend with a severe sleep disorder can easily fall asleep at my place, i really don't care if that's out of boredom or something else, as long as it does them good.
Thanks for sharing :)

It must be your charisma that puts people at ease around you :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
timely.grace,

It was very difficult for me to overcome the disappointment :) In college, while other people enjoyed their college life, I did not have much of a life. It was school, work, and participating in different organizations so I could build a good resume for admission. I had no life back then :) I did not have time for clubs, bars, or parties. It was all work and no play. But, I suppose all the hard work paid off in some way :) My life is good now. I learned to accept it.

Have you made an effort to come into the office of the program you have applied for to meet someone there yet?

I hope you will get in :)

And, any time, M. :) I was touched by your posts the other night :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts