Personality Cafe banner

What is the highest level of education you have completed?

• Some High School

Votes: 64 15.7%
  • High School Grad

Votes: 36 8.8%
  • Some College

Votes: 156 38.3%
  • College Grad

Votes: 87 21.4%
  • Post-Graduate Work

Votes: 26 6.4%
  • Post-Graduate Degree

Votes: 38 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
"Some high school." I'll graduate this summer. :)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I finished high school and did a semester at college. I failed miserably at that. It was much more difficult that I had anticipated. I thought I was ready because I took a year off after high school and saved up money. I thought I had "matured". I went out of province and I didn't know anyone. I had a difficult time meeting new friends and concentrating on school work. It was very noisy and I couldn't sleep. The food was also terrible. I lost weight and broke down mentally.

It was very hard being away from friends and family. I became preoccupied with calling everyone and keeping in touch. I thought I'd lose all of my friends back home and I didn't want my family to worry about me. I lost track of why I was there and it became about everyone else and not me. I was not ready for school. But at least I learned that I can't do dorms and that studying in a totally new province isn't for me.

That was two years ago. I plan to go to university starting in the summer or fall. It depends when my health improves. I feel more prepared this time around.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I haven't even finished some of high school.:crazy:

·
Banned
4,210 Posts
High School grad...
Can't wait to go to college, but finances are keeping me away at the moment. :sad:

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
college grad...BA in design

·
Registered
92 Posts
2nd year in college Biomedical Engineering Student

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
In England you have your Primary School which is to 5-11 years old.
Then High School which is 11-16 years old, and college is optional, but you normally stay there for 2-3 years, but you need to have some college eduction to get to university. At college you basically study something you want to study at univeristy, which is meant to show your dedication to it or some crap.

I don't get it either, I don't see the point in it, I hate how British schooling is set out.
okay, thanks now I'm less confused. a Canadian told me once that he was going to university... and I was thinking that was strange that he didn't say "the University" but figured it was a dialect thing. A University is just a large college... in America.

·
Banned
396 Posts
I'll be completing: Mathematical Tripos, with either a Bachelor's or Master's in Mathematics viable. If I successfully attain a Master's, I intend to begin a PhD degree, specializing in a field related to chaos theory.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I did not want to go to High School at all so my mum let me go to an alternative high school for a bit, ended up getting a GED at 16, took a year off and then went to college. I ended up getting a Bachelors degree studying psychology.

Reactions: NinjaSwan

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
Stupid question: Do I put "some college" or "high school grad" if I'm currently in college?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Stupid question: Do I put "some college" or "high school grad" if I'm currently in college?
I put some college, but your question is legitimate.

In some surveys/polls, "some college" can imply that only a portion of the education was completed and that you are not currently in school. They usually ask what your occupation is or other questions in order to get the whole picture. That is difficult to do here.

Reactions: Liontiger

·
Registered
218 Posts
Working on my post-grad thesis and TA'ing

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.