Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like there is a common perception that the INTP's are the nerdy introverts. The computer nerds, socially inept dungeons and dragons type. I would say that's more of the INTJ myself, although certainly not all INTJ's are like that. The INTP simply does not get that passionate about something lifeless, as the INTP is keenly aware that life is a mysterious experience and there is a element of holy awe in us that renders such pursuits as cheap imitations of life and not something worth dedicating all one's time or interests to.

I think the INTP would be more often found being passionate about renewable energy, self-sustaining communities, psychotherapy, reading, spirituality, and so forth and so on. It's hard to peg down a specific "type" as I don't think the INTP stands out as any type of archetype. Is my idea of the INTP wrong? I could be a damaged INFP whose F dissociated into a T, but so much of what makes me me, I feel, is this near paralyzing, unbelievably painful feeling of tragic beauty at life, time, and brokenness. Perhaps a chronic disappointment at the world of form, a feeling that we have "fallen from grace" into a world whose very nature is greed and destruction, no matter what guise it dresses itself up in. Is that a mark of an INTP at all? Sorry if I'm making too many posts that are all about myself.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I feel like there is a common perception that the INTP's are the nerdy introverts. The computer nerds, socially inept dungeons and dragons type. I would say that's more of the INTJ myself, although certainly not all INTJ's are like that. The INTP simply does not get that passionate about something lifeless, as the INTP is keenly aware that life is a mysterious experience and there is a element of holy awe in us that renders such pursuits as cheap imitations of life and not something worth dedicating all one's time or interests to.

I think the INTP would be more often found being passionate about renewable energy, self-sustaining communities, psychotherapy, reading, spirituality, and so forth and so on. It's hard to peg down a specific "type" as I don't think the INTP stands out as any type of archetype. Is my idea of the INTP wrong? I could be a damaged INFP whose F dissociated into a T, but so much of what makes me me, I feel, is this near paralyzing, unbelievably painful feeling of tragic beauty at life, time, and brokenness. Perhaps a chronic disappointment at the world of form, a feeling that we have "fallen from grace" into a world whose very nature is greed and destruction, no matter what guise it dresses itself up in. Is that a mark of an INTP at all? Sorry if I'm making too many posts that are all about myself.
To simplify what you are saying - a broken geek.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
NPs are the strongest head-in-the-clouds types (abstract+disorganized instead of practical and/or organized)

ITs are the least people-oriented types (introverted+insensitive instead of extraverted and/or sensitive)

Think "absent-minded professor."

·
Registered
13 Posts
NPs are the strongest head-in-the-clouds types (abstract+disorganized instead of practical and/or organized)

ITs are the least people-oriented types (introverted+insensitive instead of extraverted and/or sensitive)

Think "absent-minded professor."
Ditto so much on the most head-in-the-clouds and least people-oriented, but professor may imply INTPs are all academic...

Maybe the indifferent / dispassionate analyst?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
an enigma turned inside-out.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yes. But also always observing from outside oneself.

I always wonder, since I speak against the government, what kind of tracking is done to me, to make sure I'm not planning any protests or problems.
It's wierd u posted exactly my thoughts and just joined this week.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Yes. But also always observing from outside oneself.

I always wonder, since I speak against the government, what kind of tracking is done to me, to make sure I'm not planning any protests or problems.
It's wierd u posted exactly my thoughts and just joined this week.
Less than you'd like :wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm always yearning for emotional connections and I thrive in them. When I feel connected with another but he/she doesn't feel the same - it's rare to be connected really - I have no way but to see it go, but it leaves me devastated.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Less than you'd like :wink:
I wish I could believe that. But one girl wrote to the FBI requesting her report, which everyone has the right to do.
They sent her pictures and a log of he FBI following her a few years back, when she and her friends were organizing a local protest. It was hysterical. They wrote down that she went to a restaurant with her friends and with her boyfriend to the movies. It was totally ridiculous, because she was no threat and the protest was small and she didn't expect it to go down in history books, which it didn't. But the FBI did track her, she saw the pictures of herself with her friends that they took and the notes they took.

Here's the link if you don't beleive me that they do this to citizens. Feminisnt » Highlights from my bizarre FBI file, and how to FOIA your own

But I've only caught one NSA worker tracking me on Instagram. They say half the profiles on FB and Twitter are fake accounts.
On Instagram I found one fake, thanks personality theory. A random person added me. And his profile had a description of an extrovert, yet all his pictures were of scenery. Extroverts usually have pics of friends and themselves. And I noticed very few comments, yet a ton of friends. So I commented to him that the account was fake within like 2 min of him adding me. He wrote back "Good intuition." And wrote nothing else.

Good old Ne makes me think of all possibilities.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts