Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think its between 1W9 and 3W4 i read that on internet.

But i want an constructive topic about

·
Registered
642 Posts
I don't think any Enneatype is innately more "inhuman" or dangerous than others. Consider that my disclaimer.

I admit, though, that if I was going to write a dark character and wanted to give them an Enneatype to work on characterization, I might pick 3w4 for that. Obviously there are lots of very interesting, decent 3w4s - I don't want the association I'm about to make to be taken literally at all, any more than I think 5 being related to schizoid tendencies should be taken literally - but some of the most basic patterns of the personality do remind me of NPD, just not at a clinical level.

I have a sister and a few friends/acquaintances who are 3s and am one of the few people I know with an "NPD ex or family member" whose Narc got the label from an actual professional, so I've seen plenty of both (and read plenty about both). In nearly all cases I have once in a while been stunned by their seeming ability to blindly believe their own fictions about themselves, to manipulate to preserve the right (self-)image or to maintain control over others' interpretations of events, and to potentially become vindictive when a person won't play along or otherwise threatens them.

There's something about people that can fluidly operate that way that is alien to me, albeit fascinating, maybe especially if it's not due to Cluster B.

Naturally it was all far, far more consistent and destructive with the NPD person, what with their evidently having a disorder. But the vague underlying similarity could make 3w4 as an archetype a compelling model for a villain I'd enjoy reading about.

·
Queen of Hearts
17,935 Posts
'Inhuman' is the wrong word because all the Enneagram types describe human traits, of course...I think the competency types (1, 3, 5) can come off a little 'inhuman' because they can prioritize achievement over relationships, same with 9 because it has so much indifference.

Dangerous...it's true that every type has a capacity to be dangerous in its own way. 3, 7, 9 can all be dangerous through carelessness, 1, 2, 4, 8 are all liable to 'hot' anger, which can be dangerous if fairly straightforward, 5 seems like the typical 'school shooter' archetype (I think dangers of idealizing the integration type), I'd put my money on 6 though, a cp 6 who has come a little unhinged is a scary thing, (likely to exaggerate threat and necessary response vs 8 which has trouble with lust but still knows how to moderate).

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
The fours....

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
"Inhuman" idk, but I'd agree with 3 or maybe 2 or 7 for most dangerous... like any type can be nasty but those seem more prone to turn outwards while at the same time having a knack for charming everyone and getting away with it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Cp 6s. The more scared tou get them by threatening to shut them down the worse it gets. If memory serves correctly. Hitler was a 6. And Germany as a whole is. But let's focus on Hitler's.

Nazis. Need I say more? Genocide?

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Cp 6s. The more scared tou get them by threatening to shut them down the worse it gets. If memory serves correctly. Hitler was a 6. And Germany as a whole is. But let's focus on Hitler's.

Nazis. Need I say more? Genocide?
I feel like 6 (I'm a 6w7) is the worst possible enneagram. I worry about literally everything.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Not Banned Yet
2,665 Posts
What does Cp mean?

Counter Phobic. There are 2 types of 6s, those who run away from their fears and those who force themselves to overcome them.
They are usually the reactive ones. Might resemble 8s on the outside.
They focus a lot on not taking any shit from others (if they feel they are undermined), if unhealthy they are sensitive and yell too much.

Tried to sum the description ^. I grew up with a perfect example of that afterall.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts

·
Not Banned Yet
2,665 Posts
I'm a 629...how would I go about finding out if I'm a regular 6 or Cp 6...I guess I don't really resonate with what they're saying but it's confusing to me.

If you are constantly yelling at others for not sharing your fears then you might be

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
If you are constantly yelling at others for not sharing your fears then you might be
I rarely do that I think

·
Banned
3,147 Posts
Reactions: Shrodingers drink

·
Banned
3,147 Posts
I feel like 6 (I'm a 6w7) is the worst possible enneagram. I worry about literally everything.

From what I've seen online the tritype that people fear the most is the 469.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
From what I've seen online the tritype that people fear the most is the 469.
I don't mean which one they fear, but I'm talking about the objective worst if that makes sense.

I'm a 6w7 2w3 9w8

1 - 20 of 69 Posts