Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow ISTPs, brothers in arms! Lend me your ears!

What is the most shocking thing you've done? Things that make people say "AWESOME!!!!!!!!!" or "OMG WTF WAS THAT" as you come SCREAMING in out of left field...

for me, it was Halloween and I decided to go all out Jason Voorhees for college. I had a perfect replica mask, a fake machete, and a black hoodie (asian heads aren't round enough for the mask). I donned black Mechanix gloves, ripped up jeans, and combat boots and prepared to walk into my Biochemistry class. The teacher was a Jason fan so he was cool with it and notified the guards beforehand. Just as class was beginning, I entered the room from the stage entrance and just stood there looking around for a minute or so. People were whispering and givin each other nervous looks, and I could feel the tension in the room. Then I walked calmly to my seat, but after I leered at this one girl who asked annoying questions in class. My friends at the time didn't know who they were dealing with so they were like "WTF is going on?" Later on in the lecture I had a question so I took off the mask, ski hood (black so you couldn't tell if there was a person underneath the mask) and hoodie and everyone started whispering and I heard quite a few laughs. But in the end, it was great for me - since everyone around me just dressed up as stupid crap from internet memes to silly current events to unoriginal stuff like cowboys, indians, (although I can give credit for Spartans), french maids, and schoolgirls, I thought it would be nice to go back to old school with monsters and shiznit.

So, have at it!:happy:

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Ah, it's nice to see a thread fit for Sensors.

Charley, your story would have been a lot better if it wasn't actually Halloween that day.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
craziest thing would probably be making explosives at home and using them for 'entertainment'. Used to make them as small and powerful as a normal firecracker but one time decided to see how big of a "bang" a fist sized bag would make (teenager sized fist) and used it on the mailbox in our summer house. The only thing it managed was to blow off the lid and change the shape of the mailbox slightly. Didn't get another chance to test if a even bigger one would of blown it up since after that, they never left me alone at home anymore.

Reactions: teabiscits

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I've lived a damn boring life for an ISTP... I have never had a chance to cause a serious explosion, I've never seen 100 mph (98 is the closest i got, 200 is my personal goal, and I would one day like to see 150/160 regularly), I never get to do anything really dangerous (although I'm way more daring than my friends). I really need to live it up some...

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Explosives get my vote every time. I actually took a course in blasting at university (it was a Mining Eng. elective) but it was all theory and no practice. Damn, I think I really missed my calling there. So many times in my day-to-day life, I say to myself, "if only I had some ANFO, this would go so much faster!"

But I digress. Let's see, shocking and/or crazy... hmm. Well I can't tell you that story... or that one. I can tell of a brush fire that I made, which got out of control and almost turned into a forest fire. That was exciting. Fire-fighting is fun; I can see why it's listed as an ISTP profession. Other than that, the most typical crazy shit that I do usually involves confronting people, or gangs of people, who are way more dangerous than I am. I don't know why I do that... I always regret it afterwards and wonder, what the hell was I thinking? I just get caught up in the moment.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm...I was looking for things that you did that elicited an immediate reaction from people around you, rather than things you have told yourself "I couldn't see myself doing that initially" kind of thing

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Ah yes... there were a couple of memorable ones in there:

Streaking.
Shop Lifting.
Grand Theft Auto.
Driving Under the Influence.
Raiding someones Pot garden.
Poured a box of Mr. Bubble bath powder into a water fountain.
Illegal Fireworks, home made fireworks.
Small fires, small explosions.
Threw a lit match into a car gas tank.
Knocked down a large menacing wasp nest at close range and ran as fast as I could.
Climbed over the guard rail at the top of Yosemite Falls just so I could look past the actual edge of the cliff.
Hopped on a moving freight train and rode along with a couple of Hobo's.
Delivered a baby.
Skydiving.
- Shoplifting
- Fighting
- Drunk driver
- Cannabis
- Rolled down a stair while drunk on purpose, not a scratch.
- Skydiving
- setting stuff on fire.
- Blocked roads with cut down trees, really funny.
- Speeding is also fun.
- Find a wallet, take half of the money then return it and collect a reward.
- Bought a 250cc dirtbike, was fun for a while
- While drunk climb to the roof on buildings and edges of bridges
- Caught in a avalanche while snowboarding
- Moved to the captial of Sweden by myself directly after school, hated it and moved back.
- Constantly make scenes when i get angry with people who does shit wrong.
- Told a kid on my street that if he threw stones on my cat again i would kill him, dont see him often anymore.
- Some more fights while drunk
- Drink to much every time i drink and do crazy stuff. People think im a bit out there.
These people are my heroes. Mostly because they're not shy to boast of their deeds. We need more badass ISTPs on this board... we have a reputation to maintain, after all.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I used to dive inside nuclear reactors and repair them. That count?

I've gone down through pipes I just barely fit through to fix pumps in dams 40 feet under water.

Jumped out of planes...

Every time I go get a loaf of bread it's like racing in the Grande Prix... (Oh, what I wouldn't do for a Lola gt40. Now those were cars)

Mountain climbing...

This is kind of hard in a funny sort of way, since I've done other stuff too, but I don't find any of this shocking or crazy.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
This is kind of hard in a funny sort of way, since I've done other stuff too, but I don't find any of this shocking or crazy.
Do you mean, it's hard to recount all the daring things you've done, because everything you do is daring?

I've gone down through pipes I just barely fit through to fix pumps in dams 40 feet under water.
Now that's daring. Not in a shocking or crazy way, but who cares. This is good reading.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Damn.

One time cave diving, I did half-hitch on a single just to try it. I had people with me, though.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Do you mean, it's hard to recount all the daring things you've done, because everything you do is daring?
No. It's just that none of it seems all that shocking or unusual to me. If people don't want to go do something like that with me I ask "No? Really? Why not?"

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
hmmm...I was looking for things that you did that elicited an immediate reaction from people around you, rather than things you have told yourself "I couldn't see myself doing that initially" kind of thing
I think ISTPs do daring things mainly for the satisfaction of knowing that they are able to do so, or as an antidote to boredom. Or they do daring things because it's part of their work, or because it's necessary somehow. It's probably quite rare for an ISTP to do something purely to get a reaction out of people. That seems more ENTP-ish to me...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I think ISTPs do daring things mainly for the satisfaction of knowing that they are able to do so, or as an antidote to boredom. Or they do daring things because it's part of their work, or because it's necessary somehow. It's probably quite rare for an ISTP to do something purely to get a reaction out of people. That seems more ENTP-ish to me...
Couldn't have said it better. Theres quite a few more 'crazy' things but they are more bordering on the illegal if not past that, so i won't bring em up and almost all of them were because of trying to find some way to alleviate boredom.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
I went back to where I had been an employee and threw a cream pie at the face of the manager that fired me.
That got a whole lot of attention/reaction!

Some time previously I got even with a particular boss while I was still on the job, by squirting him all over the face with hydraulic oil. He didn't suspect it because it was caused by equipment malfunction, but everyone in our department except for my boss knew that I did it deliberately. Ha! All of us except for the boss knew how to cause the malfunction!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I went back to where I had been an employee and threw a cream pie at the face of the manager that fired me.
That got a whole lot of attention/reaction!

Some time previously I got even with a particular boss while I was still on the job, by squirting him all over the face with hydraulic oil. He didn't suspect it because it was caused by equipment malfunction, but everyone in our department except for my boss knew that I did it deliberately. Ha! All of us except for the boss knew how to cause the malfunction!
Yes, yes! Now we're into ISTP territory. I love it. It occurred to me yesterday that an ISTP would certainly go for a reaction in others if it was done for some purposeful shock value. Then I got to thinking of all the times I've had to resort to shock-and-awe tactics in order to get things done.

Like especially, when you're dealing with bureaucrats, administrators or any kind of red tape, it often helps to behave in an unexpected or powerfully unreasonable way. If they don't have a little box to check, it befuddles them and they just give you what you want.

Acting crazy is also an important survival technique, when dealing with potentially dangerous people. I've almost perfected the art of scaring trespassers off my property by acting like an unstable lunatic. It helps when I happen to have my chainsaw in hand, though I don't always.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Yes, yes! Now we're into ISTP territory. I love it. It occurred to me yesterday that an ISTP would certainly go for a reaction in others if it was done for some purposeful shock value. Then I got to thinking of all the times I've had to resort to shock-and-awe tactics in order to get things done.

Like especially, when you're dealing with bureaucrats, administrators or any kind of red tape, it often helps to behave in an unexpected or powerfully unreasonable way. If they don't have a little box to check, it befuddles them and they just give you what you want.

Acting crazy is also an important survival technique, when dealing with potentially dangerous people. I've almost perfected the art of scaring trespassers off my property by acting like an unstable lunatic. It helps when I happen to have my chainsaw in hand, though I don't always.
I have a chainsaw too, but it's electric and I'd have to run for the extension cord first!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts