Personality Cafe banner

What is the Myers Briggs personality type of your best friend?

• INFP - The Idealists

Votes: 273 9.3%
  • INFJ - The Protectors

Votes: 275 9.4%
  • INTP - The Thinkers

Votes: 239 8.2%
  • INTJ - The Scientists

Votes: 277 9.5%
  • ISFP - The Artists

Votes: 97 3.3%
  • ISTP - The Mechanics

Votes: 92 3.1%
  • ISFJ - The Nurturers

Votes: 106 3.6%
  • ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers

Votes: 131 4.5%
  • ENFP - The Inspirers

Votes: 285 9.8%
  • ENFJ - The Givers

Votes: 170 5.8%
  • ENTP - The Visionaries

Votes: 156 5.3%
  • ENTJ - The Executives

Votes: 86 2.9%
  • ESFP - The Performers

Votes: 115 3.9%
  • ESTP - The Doers

Votes: 72 2.5%
  • ESFJ - The Caregivers

Votes: 79 2.7%
  • ESTJ - The Guardians

Votes: 64 2.2%
  • I don't have a best friend.

Votes: 404 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
281 - 300 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I sort of understand what you mean...but not entirely. I wouldnt define "friendship" with how interesting the person is to me. How would you define "friendship", just out of interest?
'Friendship' to me is defined by how much you trust someone. Sorry if it was misleading. I am more willing to put effort into a friendship if the person seems interesting, that's what I meant.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know my best friend here in Dothan is an ISFJ.

Now my cousin I'm not sure... (first best friend) he's 3 hours older than me lol. I was two weeks late and he was two weeks early! XD He's like ESxx not sure.

And my best friend in California seems to be INFJ but I dunno for sure. His constant pessimism gets in the way lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
I finally got my bestie to take the test. I have 4 best friends, but my main bestie of them all is an ISFJ. And it's funny because the one function we do have in common (Feeling-never more than 11-25%) is my weakest, yet we still are a great compliment with each other.

My other best friends are INTJ (my brother), my INFP who pulled me into Meyers Briggs, and my last ESTJ/ENTJ buddy. He really is somehow both. At his core he's ESTJ, but his mind is ENTJ. EVERY time he tests he's only 1% Sensor, EVERY time.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I finally got my bestie to take the test. I have 4 best friends, but my main bestie of them all is an ISFJ. And it's funny because the one function we do have in common (Feeling-never more than 11-25%) is my weakest, yet we still are a great compliment with each other.

My other best friends are INTJ (my brother), my INFP who pulled me into Meyers Briggs, and my last ESTJ/ENTJ buddy. He really is somehow both. At his core he's ESTJ, but his mind is ENTJ. EVERY time he tests he's only 1% Sensor, EVERY time.
A strong T can often give the impression of an N in a senser.
I had a friend like that. He tested on the bubble as well and wanted to be a ENTJ, but his actions belied his true type, ESTJ.

Twitch

·
Registered
569 Posts
Infj girl..she's the best! But like someone else commented, she can be really judgemental and condescending, but we do have way more in common then differences. I sort of welcome those differences because she helps keep me grounded.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
My best friend is an ISTJ :) He's always there for me, accepting of me, and encouraging me :) Don't know what I'd do without him :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
My best friend is an INFJ. I'm an INFP so there are some extreme differences but also extreme similarities. She's a lot more logical and rational than I am (but is most definitely a feeler despite this). She and I understand each others' need for space and can daydream together (something we did a lot as kids) and we can tell each other anything. She's a lot more harsh than I am with honesty and can be very critical and condescending, something I don't like at all but it doesn't matter because she's my best friend and I wouldn't trade her for anything. Our brains may function differently but she and I have more in common than in differences.

Honorable mention goes to my other INFJ friend and the one friend who really does understand how my brain works, my INFP friend.
This pretty much sums up the relationship I have with my INFJ best friend. The only difference is that he's a guy though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
While I don't really have a "best" friend, the closest friend I have would probably be ESFJ. That description fits him much better than the others. Next time we get together, maybe I can talk him into taking the test, if for no other reason than to see how far off the mark I am.

I'm ISTJ and I don't know a lot about the nuances of different types as far as which is more likely to get along (or not) with another, but I will say that he and I get along great. If we should disagree on something, which is maybe a bit less than half the time, it's always a discussion and/or debate and never an argument. We play off each other quite well in that respect and one will often get the other thinking from a perspective not before considered. Makes for great conversation.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
I have more than one best friend, what do I dooooooooo.

They are: ENFP, ESFP, INFP, ESTJ

ENFP: Being friends with her is as easy as breathing. No problems here.
ESFP: We can talk for hours on end. She's a great support system for me.
INFP: This is actually my girlfriend, but obviously also my best friend. Kind of a different situation.
ESTJ: One of the most unexpected relationships I've had, though somewhat difficult. Our opinions are very different, but we enjoy each others' company. I think perhaps because we are both very low on drama.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
ISTJ :D

is our infp/istj duo abnormal?
Far from it! You're more liberated, and he/she may feel a little constricted. Thus do you balance each other out quite admirably!

My friends tend to be other xNTPs. Is it natural to search out friends almost exactly like you? My best friend of high school was a definite ISFP. That was funny, since I used to lead the way on certain ideas and he'd jump at the chance to be a part of them. I also had an ENTP friend like myself, though we were like friendly rivals more than anything.

Currently, I'm not sure I really have a best friend left. I still keep in contact with my ISFP friend from high school, but I don't hear from him often. The one I talk to a lot is an INFJ to the extreme, and he's awesome. I would have gone insane without his input in things. Same with my two best INTP friends (one also happens to be my professor).

Reactions: Inure Penumbra

·
Registered
620 Posts
I don't know exactly what the personality type of my best friend is exactly but I think he would fit into INTJ - The Scientist. So that is what I voted.. -shrug.- o.o

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm ISFJ, and my best friend ever is INFJ. We can have deep talks about things easily because my S/N is on the borderline. (I know I'm a true ISFJ though.) Anyway, back to the INFJ. He is the most reliable friend I've ever had, and by that, I mean a true emotional support system. Not only is he always there for me, but he says things that make me feel like I've made a huge positive impact on him. He also considers me his best friend, which is important to me. He's funny in the sense that he goes on and on and uses a hundred sentences for one thought. He's always genuine. He can be an asshole at times, but I think that's a bit of a guy thing (lol). I don't think I could have asked for a better friend. I could go on and on about it because no one has been there for me the way that he has, and it means so much to me.

He is a true, textbook INFJ--the first time I read about them, I thought of him instantly. Unfortunately, I don't know of any others, but I've gotten to know some on this site. They fascinate me. Maybe they're so high on the list because they're such understanding people. I dunno.

Now ESTJ's have been talked about for being so low on the poll. I have something that might be interesting. Someone I have considered my "best friend" since the third grade (till I bonded with the INFJ)... she is my best girl friend, but I wouldn't consider her my best friend. This happens with some of my other Thinking friends, but sometimes we've had arguments because she really sucks at being sensitive to my feelings... to the point of being a downright bad friend. Another thing is: we can have intelligent conversations, but we can never have "deep" conversations. Ever. If I try to bring one up, she'll stubbornly say she doesn't care about that stuff. I guess this matters to me because I have somewhat of a developed Ne. Anyway, I love her to death because there is not one other person that I can feel 100% comfortable to be myself around. Not that I'm ever not myself (I never pretend to be anything that I'm not) but I can just open up around her so well. That's probably because of our long history. I dunno. I just wanted to add some ESTJ information to this since people have been wondering.

Sorry for rambling, I'm all about those details. Haha

281 - 300 of 315 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.