Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least three times this week I have made guesses of intuition and got them correct, I can only think of two at the moment.

One was I messaged someone, who said they had been thinking of me recently, and the second one was I was able to guess correctly that there was a problem with a friend online last night, and when I asked if their was a problem, she said she was in fact sad.

I wonder what functions I was using in each of these incidents, like I say there was a third, it's been happening a lot lately, I just forgot what it was.

And does it sound like a function that an INFP would have?

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
At least three times this week I have made guesses of intuition and got them correct, I can only think of two at the moment.

One was I messaged someone, who said they had been thinking of me recently, and the second one was I was able to guess correctly that there was a problem with a friend online last night, and when I asked if their was a problem, she said she was in fact sad.

I wonder what functions I was using in each of these incidents, like I say there was a third, it's been happening a lot lately, I just forgot what it was.

And does it sound like a function that an INFP would have?
I underlined and italicized what it is you're doing. You seem to be leading to the fact you believe it's Ni, but that is not how Ni works generally. Although they can sometimes have an awareness of what is happening in another location and have no sensory data to go on you did have sensory data as a result of the message. It sounds like you were simply using your Ne in recognizing a thread of meaning, and scanning for what could be wrong. It could also be your Fi serving as a filter for information that matches what is valued in your need to know that your friend was okay or having an intonation that something was wrong with your friend. You may get a better idea in reading the snippets here and here. I am not sure why you would dismiss that you were simply using your Fi-Ne.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasn't dismissing anything, I don't understand how the functions work really, I was just impressed that I managed to guess correctly with very little face to face interaction with either of these two people. I just had a hunch and acted based on that hunch.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read the descriptions of Fi and Ne and yes I do use them, Fi seems to be one that I used in these two examples.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts