Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He puts off the mad scientist vibe, so I thought ENTP/INTP but also seems to have Ni. Maybe an INTJ but not really sure.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry for necroposting. I'm not too far in with him, but do you think it's possible that he could be an INFJ? We're not all good, you know.

Reactions: Highway Nights

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
3,696 Posts
Sorry for necroposting. I'm not too far in with him, but do you think it's possible that he could be an INFJ? We're not all good, you know.
I think he's an INTJ 5w4 sx/soc. David Wallace (and possibly Toby) is an INFJ.

He's definitely an Ni-dom, though, whose outlook is basically a marriage of Ni-Se. He's Freud in the workplace.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I don't see Te in him. I think he's too manipulative (Fe) to be an INTJ.

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
3,696 Posts
I don't see Te in him. I think he's too manipulative (Fe) to be an INTJ.
Any type can be manipulative, but his manipulation is stemming mainly from Ni. He's cold, confident, and above all, strategic. He's a chess master who looks at his employees like pawns. He also mentions how he doesn't like wasting his time, and created a winners/losers list of everyone on his first day. I don't see much Fe. As I was saying before, compare how he is as a CEO to David Wallace. Wallace's Fe is very apparent. He is more willing to compromise and appease people, like Michael whenever he would always call him as a last resort on mostly non-business issues.

I'd say he's a thinker (in MBTI terms):

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I think he is a sex addicted INTJ in an Ni-Fi loop...8w7 enneagram.

·
Registered
131 Posts
@mistakenforstranger
You make a good point, but I'm still not sure. I don't see how manipulation could stem from a function that takes in information. Sure, he uses his aura of Ni as a tool to manipulate, but I think the actual manipulation would have to be coming from an extraverted function.
The creation of that list wasn't actually for organization, it was a ploy to manipulate, and heighten his own social position. Yes, he is strategic, but he operates by playing with emotions. The fact that he is so adept at manipulating his employees, or as you put it, playing them like pawns, indicates Fe>Te. I don't think an INTJ would be able to work people the way he does. Ni coupled with Te provides insight into logical systems, while Ni with Fe provides insight into the workings of emotions and the mind. I think he would need the latter in order to pull off what he does.

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
3,696 Posts
I think he is a sex addicted INTJ in an Ni-Fi loop...8w7 enneagram.
Yeah, that can happen with inferior Se...

Why 8w7? I think his sexual proclivities can be attributed to 5w4 sx arrow to 7. He seems more observant than the open aggression of 8.

@mistakenforstranger
You make a good point, but I'm still not sure. I don't see how manipulation could stem from a function that takes in information. Sure, he uses his aura of Ni as a tool to manipulate, but I think the actual manipulation would have to be coming from an extraverted function.
Not exactly sure, but I think he's also drawing from Fi.

The creation of that list wasn't actually for organization, it was a ploy to manipulate, and heighten his own social position. Yes, he is strategic, but he operates by playing with emotions. The fact that he is so adept at manipulating his employees, or as you put it, playing them like pawns, indicates Fe>Te.
He created it to increase productivity (Ni-Te), without any concern about the emotions of the employees involved. That's what I mean by pawns; he treats them impersonally, indicating T. After he reveals its purpose, Andy, an Fe-dom, tells him positive characteristics of the "losers," speaking on behalf of the group.

When INFJs manipulate, I think it's a different approach, in which they hide ulterior motives behind an innocent, helpful facade. I think of characters like Gollum from "Lord of the Rings," or the Phantom of the Opera. With Fe, Gollum is able to gain Frodo's trust, turn him against Sam, all with the intention of leading him unsuspectingly to his demise, and keeping the ring for himself. In the Phantom's case, he uses Fe by giving Christine the skills to sing beautifully, posing as her savior (The Angel of Music), but then expects and demands her love in return.

I don't think an INTJ would be able to work people the way he does. Ni coupled with Te provides insight into logical systems, while Ni with Fe provides insight into the workings of emotions and the mind. I think he would need the latter in order to pull off what he does.
I don't see why an INTJ using Fi wouldn't be able to understand the emotions of others, especially their internal motivations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts