Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here, is there anything I should know? like any unofficial rules? I see that there's a hierarchy of VIP Members, Strangers, etc....do they have authority over others?
there's picture/video threads...is it okay to just participate right away?

·
Registered
356 Posts
There is a minimum post requirement for pics and videos, but other than that, of course it's okay to participate =P Just relax, be open, kind, and understanding of others. Jump right in, nobody here bites. Welcome to PerC =D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Don't worry...
Just try to not start a repetitive thread, like in any forums. But even this seemes not to be a disaster here because every subjective experience of personality stuff is worth to be heard because it's never the same :)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Aww, and here I thought this was going to be a thread about politics. :p *is somewhat of a political nerd* (Is that not very INFP-ish of me? Haha.)

But yeah, what everyone else said is all pretty good advice. Welcome, by the way! :) (If that doesn't sound too weird coming from someone who joined a month after you did, haha.)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
You weren't the only one to believe that this was going to be a politics discussion. :(
Haha, good to know I'm not alone. Now I kinda want to make a thread about INFPs and political views... unless there's already one floating around out there somewhere. Hrmm.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Here is how to summarize the infp forum:
We are a quaint old-word island. We've worked hard to make a safe haven for our unusual customs. We all speak a rather abstract langauge that is hard for outsiders to learn, though if you make an attempt, we will be happy to include you. We take pride in our customs and heritage-- it may be quaint and non-modern to the rest of the world, but it is unique and beautiful; it couldn't exist anywhere else in the world, but in this closed environment, it is possible. So be careful when you come here, if you be a non-infp, not to set fire to our wooden dragons or mock our gods and leave litter in our rivers, because our eco-system is a fragile miracle and we seek to protect it, and if need be, will have to drive a destructive, unappreciative outsider out firecly!! but if one comes with good will, cookies, and stops to admire our handiwork, we will give them our seat and let them sit by the fire and feed them our old world cuisine found no where else in the world...

:blushed: I hope someone else relates to this idea, because if not, I will feel really embarrased for making this elaborate story no one else sees as remotely similar. But that's how I see it-- this is our space, and we aren't exclusive or mean about it, no, I think we all welcome non-infps, but please respect us on our home turf!!

As for inter-island politics, we treat eachother with respect (as well as outer island members!!!) Everyone should be given their voice to speak, and be allowed to voice their opinion, even if it disagrees with someone, but how one says something is very important on this island... here we are all pretty good, in my opinion, at agreeing to disagree. Arguements flame out of control when someone cannot admit to other points of view, acknowledge them, or apologize for being disrespectful-- when wronged, infps don't really budge, so someone has to give ground, in the more beautiful moments both parties give ground. It is ok to disagree with someone but it is also important to respect their boundaries and be polite.

Uhhh
other than that... i think we are all really friendly. Everyone argues on the internet but it is usually done with the spirit of love. <3

careful when reiviving old threads

we won't diss a newbie for posting anywhere, I think

just don't insult people in general

pics and stuff are a ok, though we don't like trolling or spam

something that I think ticks people off is someone posts something that is irrelevant to the section

People tend to always have something to say over generalizations according to type, so if you don't want anyone up your butt, just don't over-generalize about people.

Don't say anything typist.

Respect the mods.

Anything is ok to say as long as it follows the rules and the other party responds well. If someone says stop, keeping pushing almost always explodes. ok think that's it!!

edit: thought of one more really imporant one
Part of not dis-respecting people on such a forum is avoid typing other people unless they specifically request it. People resent being typed or told who they are and will respond with sass or anger, because this type of forum attracts people who want to discover themself... not have others do it!! So don't type people or tell them "who they are", "what they think", or 'what their motivations are". That never fails to piss someone off.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
We are a quaint old-word island. [...] But that's how I see it-- this is our space, and we aren't exclusive or mean about it, no, I think we all welcome non-infps, but please respect us on our home turf!!
We're all effin old souls, I suppose :3

@Anna Pace, Anna of Peace? ^^ Anyways, welcome.

Of course there are hidden rules, like there are hidden rules to any society/organization/community/culture, but there's no death penalty should you accidentally cross one. But the hidden rules are much like any other forum's, I don't think we really have special INFP-like hidden rules.

Vip members, strangers, starters, enthusiasts etc, these are only a post-amount-related title.

Yes you can go ahead and post anywhere you like. I think there are restrictions for beginning posters though, like you can't post pictures until you have x amount of posts or so.

Take off your coat, your shoes, sit down, can we pour you some tea, coffee, soda, alcoholics? :3

·
Registered
917 Posts
We are a quaint old-word island. We've worked hard to make a safe haven for our unusual customs. We all speak a rather abstract langauge that is hard for outsiders to learn, though if you make an attempt, we will be happy to include you. We take pride in our customs and heritage-- it may be quaint and non-modern to the rest of the world, but it is unique and beautiful; it couldn't exist anywhere else in the world, but in this closed environment, it is possible. So be careful when you come here, if you be a non-infp, not to set fire to our wooden dragons or mock our gods and leave litter in our rivers, because our eco-system is a fragile miracle and we seek to protect it, and if need be, will have to drive a destructive, unappreciative outsider out firecly!! but if one comes with good will, cookies, and stops to admire our handiwork, we will give them our seat and let them sit by the fire and feed them our old world cuisine found no where else in the world...

:blushed: I hope someone else relates to this idea, because if not, I will feel really embarrased for making this elaborate story no one else sees as remotely similar. But that's how I see it-- this is our space, and we aren't exclusive or mean about it, no, I think we all welcome non-infps, but please respect us on our home turf!!

As for inter-island politics, we treat eachother with respect (as well as outer island members!!!) Everyone should be given their voice to speak, and be allowed to voice their opinion, even if it disagrees with someone, but how one says something is very important on this island... here we are all pretty good, in my opinion, at agreeing to disagree. Arguements flame out of control when someone cannot admit to other points of view, acknowledge them, or apologize for being disrespectful-- when wronged, infps don't really budge, so someone has to give ground, in the more beautiful moments both parties give ground. It is ok to disagree with someone but it is also important to respect their boundaries and be polite.

Uhhh
other than that... i think we are all really friendly. Everyone argues on the internet but it is usually done with the spirit of love. <3

careful when reiviving old threads

we won't diss a newbie for posting anywhere, I think

just don't insult people in general

pics and stuff are a ok, though we don't like trolling or spam

something that I think ticks people off is someone posts something that is irrelevant to the section

People tend to always have something to say over generalizations according to type, so if you don't want anyone up your butt, just don't over-generalize about people.

Don't say anything typist.

Respect the mods.

Anything is ok to say as long as it follows the rules and the other party responds well. If someone says stop, keeping pushing almost always explodes. ok think that's it!!

edit: thought of one more really imporant one
Part of not dis-respecting people on such a forum is avoid typing other people unless they specifically request it. People resent being typed or told who they are and will respond with sass or anger, because this type of forum attracts people who want to discover themself... not have others do it!! So don't type people or tell them "who they are", "what they think", or 'what their motivations are". That never fails to piss someone off.

yep i relate, nice analogy btw

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Don't force your views on anyone (we all can get pretty scary if you tread on our values) or say disparaging words about other types (they like to put you on the speed train to bansville for this one)

Welcome. We bite but only nibbles to get a taste of you.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Be yourself. Hopefully, this includes being honest and being nice, but ultimately be yourself and have fun on this amazing forum.

As for thread starting well... sometimes a new take on an old issue is refreshing. Even if it has been done before, no-one will complain much, something worth discussing once is always going to be worth discussing again.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Be yourself. Hopefully, this includes being honest and being nice, but ultimately be yourself and have fun on this amazing forum.

As for thread starting well... sometimes a new take on an old issue is refreshing. Even if it has been done before, no-one will complain much, something worth discussing once is always going to be worth discussing again.
Well a couple people will complain but ignore them.

Another general pointer--
generally there will be one person who has to bitch about something, it's ok, everyone has different opinions and everyone is entitled to give it. I actually think this forum is a great place for some infps to begin to learn to handle feeling attacked and see nothing bad happens.

·
PerC's 6w6
5,874 Posts
*dances around dragon, ululating loudly and doing cartwheels*

:D. That was an AWESOME description

Welcome and enjoy your stay :)

·
Banned
1,833 Posts
Haha, good to know I'm not alone. Now I kinda want to make a thread about INFPs and political views... unless there's already one floating around out there somewhere. Hrmm.
Please do this, I am a big politics buff! xD

1 - 20 of 47 Posts