Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There was a guy I went to school with who wore wolf t-shirts everyday, had wolf blankets, wolf posters covering every square inch of his room, wolf pens, wolf rug, wolf curtains, wolf everything. Honestly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
many people might find many reasons to admire wolves.

Their the wild relatives of 'mans best friend'. their not yappy, ankle biting, purse-decorations. their graceful, beautiful, and powerful. some people might feel akin to the wolves closely knit social structure, or envious of its ability to survive in extreme conditions. for several centuries, wolves have been enigmatic, and they appeared frequently in lore and legends.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
There was I went to school with who wore wolf t-shirts everyday, had wolf blankets, wolf posters every square inch or room, wolf pens, wolf rug, wolf curtains, wolf everything. Honestly.
I wonder what causes a person to want to have everything of anything, such as the Star Wars fanatics that do their house up, or whatever else.

I'd guess they're ISTJ, maybe. Someone with Si as the dominant or auxiliary function which causes them to treasure collections.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Was this person a girl? I think most girls like animals. I cannot think of one girl I know without a pet, statue of some animal, or picture of an animal in their place. Additionally I have never met a guy that was into blankets and curtains of any particular or exacting fashion. I know a girl that has owl everything and one that has Mickey Mouse everything.

I am an enthusiastic collector of cash. I paperclip bills in $100 bundles and hide them around the house. Finding one you forgot about is the best.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
They might want to identify themselves with images of being cunning, aggressive, dangerous, and mysterious. Sort of why we have dark elves, normal regular elves apparently are not enough. Wolves in themselves are not very interesting, but they can be symbolic of a variety of different qualities which is probably what makes some people love them.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Was this person a girl? I think most girls like animals. I cannot think of one girl I know without a pet, statue of some animal, or picture of an animal in their place. Additionally I have never met a guy that was into blankets and curtains of any particular or exacting fashion. I know a girl that has owl everything and one that has Mickey Mouse everything.

I am an enthusiastic collector of cash. I paperclip bills in $100 bundles and hide them around the house. Finding one you forgot about is the best.

*cough cough* I don't really like domestic animals [or children for that matter...]

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But don't you think the underlying psychology of the wolf-lovers indicates a soul that is hugely out of touch with reality? I mean the hard-core wolf lovers are weird people. Weird people do weird things but not all weird people do the same weird things. Their oddness manifests itself in different ways. Some weird people get wolf obsessions. So what does that mean? What variety of weird is that?

·
Registered
43 Posts
yeah thread is pretty fucking out there LOL

had me wondering:

what is the psychology behind people who observe wolf lovers

Reactions: Arusnem

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are some more. It's like an internet sensation apparently. Obama. Steve Jobs. Dwight. (My pictures suck and are small. I forgot how I made them big last time. Also I don't care seeing how stupid this is.)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah thread is pretty fucking out there LOL

had me wondering:

what is the psychology behind people who observe wolf lovers
Wow an INFJ that doesn't hate me. Good to meet you (though I'm sure it won't last).

And the psychology of those who observe wolf lovers is...hmm..."concerned".

·
Registered
264 Posts
There was a guy I went to school with who wore wolf t-shirts everyday, had wolf blankets, wolf posters covering every square inch of his room, wolf pens, wolf rug, wolf curtains, wolf everything. Honestly.
Perhaps, that was his symbol and something not to be judged so harshly :

"According to Celtic tradition, Wolf represents learning, loyalty, intuition, loyalty and the shadow. He teaches people not to feel strength and power of self when alone and to learn about the deepest self by imparting spiritual assistance and courage. Wolf also symbolizes cunning, wisdom, searching, dreams, magick, intuition, transformation, death and rebirth, intuition and protection.

Native Americans believe that Wolf is teacher and pathfinder to find new ideas and teach them to the tribe. He imparts a sense of family and loyalty, Moon is the power ally which helps Wolf to access the subconscious that has the secrets of knowledge and wisdom. Wolf tells people to seek out solitude to find the teacher within the self so they can teach others about spirituality. He helps people to learn to trust insights when they learn to value the inner voice. Some Native American tribes, African Dogon tribe and the Aborigines of Australia believe Wolf is allied with Sirius, the Dog Star. A number of these believe the teachers and ancestors came from there.

People have study Wolf’s ways. He is a communal animal and teaches people to learn to cooperate in attaining those ends which are desired. Wolf helps people to learn to use body language as well as their voice in communicating these. Rituals are important to Wolf . People can learn from this to enable them in getting in touch with the Source of Life."

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
This is a funny thread. Maybe you are onto something j. The pictures of Obama, Jobs, and Dwight together does seem like a connection.

Perhaps the pocket-protector has become passe' in ultra-nerd culture. I too am feeling a slight need to band-wagon and buy a wolf shirt. If it's good enough for Jobs...

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The archetypal symbolism is the appeal to me, water.

I have a wolf shirt that's really spiritual-looking with a Native American woman and stars and stuff on it. It's way cooler than the three wolf moon shirt. Someone gave it to me.
:tongue:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts