Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: English is not my first language.

Disclaimer 2: I am really, really, really ignorant in regards to the Enneagram. Please, excuse this.

My tritype is either 549 or 594. Recently, while I realized I had a marked resemblance with type 9 descriptions when I had always simply thought of myself as a 5w4, I also got to briefly read a bit about 9's disintegration. Years ago, I got into the Enneagram, 9 being one of the bottom types. Now, after a long time and retaking these tests, I usually score as much on 9 as I do on 4.

Over these last few years, I started experiencing depersonalization/derealization quite often, although not to a pathological level. I wondered, can it go the opposite way? Does my dissociation make me resemble certain patterns associated with type nine? How do these patterns interact with my 4 and 5 types? It confuses me that it became this way, since 5 disintegrates to 7 and 4 to 2. Anyways, I am really interested in knowing the relationship between dissociation and Enneagram types, if there is any, and which types are prone to it, not just 9.

·
Registered
IEI 417
439 Posts
My 9 friend always says she experiences depersonalization extremely often. For example, she'll be looking in the mirror and then feel as if she's looking at someone else. That really struck me because as a 4, even if I try, it's very hard for me to produce that sensation. On the other hand, I experience derealization very often.
I am inclined to think that depersonalization (and more so than derealization) is associated with being a 9. I couldn't tell you more as I am not very familiar with all the types yet

PS just thought of this and have no idea if this is true so take it with as a grain of salt.. I think type 4s and 5s, and 9s? may be very prone to derealization as they make up the withdrawn triad. So if that is your tritype, it could make sense that you experience a lot of dissociation

·
Registered
36 Posts
I see this is an older thread, but for what it's worth I'll chime in and say that I'm pretty sure I'm 9w1 and have massive DPDR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts