Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And why? Just out of curiosity. I'm in love with an INTP, but we are total opposites in the way that we think. While we do learn from each other, it just seems so hard when he doesn't understand how I feel. I will love him until I die, but when I think about my ideal type for a boyfriend, I imagine him as an INFJ. My best friend is an INFJ. I don't have feelings for him because he's like a brother to me and I'm like a sister to him, but I love the way that he thinks. We're different enough to be intrigued by each other yet similar enough to see eye-to-eye. He cares and appreciates me and never fails to let me know that he loves me. I hope the INTP considers dating me someday seeing as how I've loved him for a year now and I know I always will deep down and I know we'll be close friends for life, but if that doesn't happen... I would love to meet an INFJ who treats me like my best friend does!

What about you guys?

·
Registered
454 Posts
And why? Just out of curiosity. I'm in love with an INTP, but we are total opposites in the way that we think. While we do learn from each other, it just seems so hard when he doesn't understand how I feel. I will love him until I die, but when I think about my ideal type for a boyfriend, I imagine him as an INFJ. My best friend is an INFJ. I don't have feelings for him because he's like a brother to me and I'm like a sister to him, but I love the way that he thinks. We're different enough to be intrigued by each other yet similar enough to see eye-to-eye. He cares and appreciates me and never fails to let me know that he loves me. I hope the INTP considers dating me someday seeing as how I've loved him for a year now and I know I always will deep down and I know we'll be close friends for life, but if that doesn't happen... I would love to meet an INFJ who treats me like my best friend does!

What about you guys?
Oh hi :3 We meet again. Sorry if you see me as an intruder LOL XD First of all according to a post, girl INFJs are perfect for boy INFPs so that's the type of my ideal romantic partner. And guess what, my girlfriend is an INFJ. I'm blessed :'} And you can ask me for advice on how to keep up with your crush 'cause my best friend is an INTP. As well as my dad and another friend of mine. I know a lot about them Thinkers ;)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
ESFJs and INTPs are not complete opposites, they are mirrors to eachother ESFJ=Fe-Si-Ne-Ti INTP=Ti-Ne-Si-Fe, The complete opposite of an ESFJ would be an ENTJ and for an INTP it would be an ISFP.

However I would prefer an INFP in relationships as they seem very interesting and would be similar enough to me that we can operate on the same wavelength but different enough to be interesting, plus I love it when I am showed affection through touching and having time spent together.

Reactions: Cassieopeia

·
Registered
454 Posts
However I would prefer an INFP in relationships as they seem very interesting and would be similar enough to me that we can operate on the same wavelength but different enough to be interesting, plus I love it when I am showed affection through touching and having time spent together.
Ahahaha we are interesting, yes :B

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Knight_In_Rags: That's sweet about your girlfriend! And thank you for the offer about the INTP, I may take you up on that sometime.

Hruberen: Well, that makes more sense. My grandpa is an ENTJ, and we really don't get along unless I try my best to just let him be bossy, haha. But I don't exactly know what you mean when you say "Fe-Se-Ne-Ti"... I know those are functions and have to do with the way we think, and I know it's very relevant in MBTI talk, but I don't know much else. Could you explain please? And also in doing so explain how an ENTJ would be my opposite?

·
Registered
601 Posts
It's through cognitive functions according to Keirsay's adaptation of Jungian theory, where you have the functions Sensing, Thinking, Feeling and iNtuition, and you identify wheter a person uses iNtuition intravertedly or extravertedly, and you name them as Se Si Te Ti Fe Fi Ne Ni. Each type then has 4 of these cognitive functions in an order that determines type, ie INFJ order is typically Ni Fe Ti Se, the ESFJ is typically Fe Si Ne Ti. That's what is meant by ENTJ being your opposite, their order is Te Ni Se Fi, meaning that they use your exact opposite functions in the same order.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Well, I'm an INTP and my boyfriend is either an ESFJ or an ENFJ and I am absolutely in love with him. He understands me like nobody else has and it kinda scared me at first haha... whether he is an S or an N, I dont really care, but you ExFJ guys are great haha...

He gets me out of my head, which is fantastic

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Matthew Sloane: I see. Thank you for explaining!

TrailMix: Aw, that's good to hear. ^.^ We ExFJ people certainly try! Is it odd that the fact that someone of my type makes someone happy makes me feel good? Must be an ExFJ thing, haha

And everyone: I started talking to an INFJ on facebook soon after I made this thread. We've talked nonstop and fell in like so soon. It's crazy. I'm so lucky to have found him. I think we have something special, and he thinks so too--he's the one who told me. I hope something good comes out of it.

·
Banned
554 Posts
I hope you're not daft enough to seriously judge him based on a personality profile.

·
Banned
554 Posts

What about you guys?
Here what I see;

You don't like or love this person. You have have a premeditated image of who is he, and you are projecting it onto him. You want him to be something he is not. You said so.

I'm having a difficult time understanding this:

I know we'll be close friends for life, but if that doesn't happen
You know you will be close for life. If you know that why do you have doubt - "But if that doesn't happen."

Do you love this person? Do you know what love is? Love is acceptance. You don't sound like you accept this person for what they truly are. Because you imagine them to fit another personality profile.

Re-evaluate, really truly inspect the motives behind this. What is really going on?

Reactions: Knight_In_Rags
1 - 10 of 10 Posts