Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been a few times in my life were I just had so much going on in my head and nobody to talk about it with that I just kind of lost it. I was just wondering if anybody else has done something that just completely unlike themselves just because they were so emotionally charged. Could just be me because of my high anxiety but I'm kind of curious.

My example is when I just went on this violent streak for like a week. It was the first time I had lived on my own and it seemed like all my friends wanted to hang out with my roommate rather than me. I would call them and see if anybody wanted to do anything. I would always get really bad excuses for why they didn't want to come over. Other days I'd come home from work and they'd all be out doing something with my roommates and wouldn't bother to answer any of my calls. It happened almost weekly for a good three months. To make things even worse it was a time when my dad hardly spoke to me, and my girlfriend and I had just broken up. Towards the end of all this I just got extremely hostile with everyone and started fist fights with my friends and put a couple holes in the side of the house. None of them still don't know why I acted like that and to be honest I really don't know either.

Have any other INFP's gone temporarily insane?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I've been pushed beyond my breaking point a few times & exploded. About 8 years ago a new co-worker saw me as a doormat & started testing the waters as to how far he could push me. One day after about 3 insults I stood up, got in his face & started yelling at him as loud as I could & waving my fists around. Just venting my spleen. I was much bigger & stronger than him with an outdoor voice like a cannon. I wanted to knock his teeth out but that would have gotten me fired. Anyway, he stepped back, eyes bugged out, looking shocked. When I'd finished bellowing I just glared at him & he stuttered & walked out of the building. The whole floor (maybe 200 people) had stopped what they were doing & were looking at me. I sat down & as my blood pressure dropped, I thought "That felt soooo good!" Funny that I went "Hulk" on someone at work. :tongue: I laugh about it now. It's so unlike me!! Anyway, he came back much later & apologized for his condescension & I apologized for blowing up on him & we've gotten along great ever since.

·
Registered
751 Posts
One of my least characteristic things I have done (which echoes with my character actually) was when I was convinced to ride a large luggage trolley (I dragged along to a large camping holiday with a large number of people who thought I was strange) down a large hill and what was worse was that I was driving!

It was the summer of 2001 and seven of us climbed on, it was a huge thing but it certainly could move. Someone gave it a push, jumped on and down we went. Unfortunately I was unaware of the point I was supposed to jump off (too many what ifs in my mind!) and when the trolley was moving at considerable speed everyone leapt off to safety, leading me, the driver on a one way trip towards a large, thorn bush!

My fear crept in so I didn't move, the others told me to leap but the speed unnerved me. I yelled crap at the top of my voice, put my arms in front of my face and went to meet my fate. The trolley soared so fast into the bush and let's say it went quite far! In the end, I was covered in scratches and I had an enormous gash on the side of my leg (it had something yellow in the wound!) where perhaps part of my muscle was damaged or ripped open, and I still have the scar today.

It was the insanest moment of my life (I don't get out much.)

·
Registered
752 Posts
I think the most uncharacteristic thing that I've ever done was constantly beat up my older brother and even my cousin when I was younger. I can't even remember why I did such a thing but I think it played a part of my personality, considering I was never a bully at school or anything.

Fortunately, I've long since grew past that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is awesome! That's good you guys got along well afterwords and it didn't create an awkward work environment.

I guess I also have a very similar one to that. In high school their was this kid that would throw my books on the ground every single day when I walked in class. At first I really didn't mind because I knew the guy well enough to know that he was only seeking attention. (Also because he was like a foot taller than me and 50 pounds heavier) Then after a couple weeks of it I finally had it. He did it again but I just calmly told him that I was going to be at his truck the second we got out of school. I was shocked when he looked so scared of me. This kid was not only bigger than me in every way. He had a the reputation of being somewhat of a hard ass. I didn't even threaten him in a violent manner... I don't understand why people are so scared of me sometimes... I'm one of the most peaceful people you'll ever meet.

·
Registered
235 Posts
When I played football, I used to go completely insane. Used to freak my teammates out. They said things like "i never even heard you talk and then there's a big play in the game and you're swearing and yelling up a storm. wtf" Pretty awesome. I'm pretty sure it got them even more amped, too. Even the fact that I played the sport in college is a shock to my coworkers and other people because of my demeanor.

I had to go completely out of character to be able to play that sport, but it helped me in so many ways.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i'm often very mean to my brother...he's always in my face and i'm like very mean when he pushes my buttons. one time i ranted for like a few minutes at him and i just finished with"you can punh me and hit me and beat me up you're stronger than me, but if you think you can beat me with words your a fucking wrong"

·
Registered
728 Posts
Being mean and violent. I've never been in a fight before and I usually don't like confrontations. But after being walked all over for so long I blow up on someone after something really small and stupid. Then they're like whoa! where did that come from. Usually I give the passive silent treatment, but every once in a while I crack up and and use a sharp tongue to express my hidden disgust with certain people. Then they back off.

At one point I had gotten so hurt by all the rejection I was getting that I started to join in on the persecution of nice people. I enforced the same rotten bias against sensitive, caring people because I thought it wasn't cool. I know bettter now.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Had kinky bondage sex with a blind, Korean, pagan, female virgin (using a vibrator and my hands) while my boyfriend watched.

Very very uncharacteristic. I'm a prude, and even if I weren't, I have no sexual interest in other females. Surprisingly, it was my idea to fulfill her lusts because she had a crush on me. I was in college, and was very new to sex. Of course I was curious. My boyfriend had fantasies about it, the female friend had fantasies about it, and I was like... oooh, this could be interesting.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Yes I did. It was a one day thing on webcam.

I'm not proud of it though. I was too lost that time and I just happened to see him shirtless.

Ironically the sexual spark was there even though I dislike him.
Sexual attraction doesn't mean you like the person in a "I like your personality" type of way. Sex doesn't equal feelings.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Sexual attraction doesn't mean you like the person in a "I like your personality" type of way. Sex doesn't equal feelings.
For some of us, it does. I can't imagine being sexually attracted to someone I dislike. In fact, feeling an emotional connection is the only thing that can possibly cause me to experience sexual desire except in situations where I am using lust as an artificial stand-in for other less pleasant emotions.

That said, in the incident I described, I felt emotionally close to both of the people involved, but despite affectionate feelings, still had no sexual lust toward the female because of the fact that I am straight.

Reactions: Sangmu

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I joined a halo gaming community, earned their trust, and created a series of 10 maps that were increasingly difficult and more difficult than renown ones just because of human nature patience levels. I picked on the laziness most gamers attend to when playing video games that come out now by making maps that scaled much higher than the difficulty most next-gen action games have. So basically I trolled an online gaming community with mental manipulation(?), and enjoyed watching them pass or fail.

I could write a report on human psychology with what I've seen people do while participating in trying my maps. I'm not doing it again, it's appealing to sadistic and cynical traits in me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I joined a halo gaming community, earned their trust, and created a series of 10 maps that were increasingly difficult and more difficult than renown ones just because of human nature patience levels. I picked on the laziness most gamers attend to when playing video games that come out now by making maps that scaled much higher than the difficulty most next-gen action games have. So basically I trolled an online gaming community with mental manipulation(?), and enjoyed watching them pass or fail.

I could write a report on human psychology with what I've seen people do while participating in trying my maps. I'm not doing it again, it's appealing to sadistic and cynical traits in me.
That is one of the coolest things I have ever heard!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts