Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has only happened twice to me, but it's kind of disturbing, in the sense that I can't understand it. My body just starts shaking. It's weird.
I don't get scared easily. I read Stephen King for fun :)
The first time, I was at the library and I ran into a guy I had a crush on at the time. We started talking and all of a sudden, I just started shaking. He hugged me goodbye and he commented on it. It was so weird, because the moment he was gone, my shaking was gone too.
The second and last time, I was starting a video-chat session with a guy I met online. I could barely type because I was shaking so bad.

Does anybody have any ideas on what this could be? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Stephen

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Adrenaline hitting your nervous system. Welcome to life as an introvert.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
i dont think it is adrenalin else u would still feel it after the encounter for minutes later until the initial effects wore off. was it right after or a few minutes after

if it was a few minutes after does sound like adrenalin and don't worry, the more you experience it the easier and less effect it has on the body

Reactions: JamieBond

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sounds like an anxiety attack to me. I've had those, and they're not fun.
Can you prevent them? Or control them?

What I'm really asking is how do you fix it?

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
Can you prevent them? Or control them?

What I'm really asking is how do you fix it?
You need to find the method that helps you personally relax in the moment. One way is to short-circuit your body's panic response. A book I've been reading suggests mindfulness meditation to speed up your cognitive response to danger so that it overtakes your panic response. A quicker solution may just be to recognize what it is when it's happening and thinking about something that soothes you. Someone once suggested to me that I should try taking small sips of cool water, I guess it's kind of like meditation in that it focuses your mind on something simple and sensory.

What worked for me was removing the stressor from my life. Over time I've come to understand where my anxiety comes from and how to handle it. In your case, when there is someone you like, maybe ask them out so there's a resolution there one way or the other: problem solved.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
You need to find the method that helps you personally relax in the moment. One way is to short-circuit your body's panic response. A book I've been reading suggests mindfulness meditation to speed up your cognitive response to danger so that it overtakes your panic response. A quicker solution may just be to recognize what it is when it's happening and thinking about something that soothes you. Someone once suggested to me that I should try taking small sips of cool water, I guess it's kind of like meditation in that it focuses your mind on something simple and sensory.

What worked for me was removing the stressor from my life. Over time I've come to understand where my anxiety comes from and how to handle it. In your case, when there is someone you like, maybe ask them out so there's a resolution there one way or the other: problem solved.
This actually makes very much sense. Thank you.
*stabs thank button multiple times*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts