Personality Cafe banner

What is/was your favorite school subject?

• Art

Votes: 166 30.2%
  • Business

Votes: 23 4.2%
  • English

Votes: 215 39.2%
  • Home Living

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Math

Votes: 89 16.2%
  • Physical Education

Votes: 44 8.0%
  • Science

Votes: 170 31.0%
  • Social Studies

Votes: 154 28.1%
  • Trades (ex. Automotive)

Votes: 10 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 116 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
In high school: Art, English, and Social Studies....and Gym :laughing:

The teacher had a lot to do with whether or not I like a class, though.

4,757 Posts
History and Philosophy (we had it in grade 12) - enough that they were my double major in university

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
French was my favorite subject in HS (should've had a "foreign language" option :tongue: ).

I didn't like art because the class was a joke - it was broken crayons and busy work for students who needed/wanted an easy A. In college, my favorite classes were art history and color theory though. I also enjoyed the ethics class.

While I was good at math and enjoyed aspects of it, I can't say it was a favorite. There's so much repetition of steps that I get bored once I grasp the concept.

I love literature, but some aspects of English class can suck the joy out of it - again, too much busy work. In fact, one of my English teachers would have me grade papers for him instead of doing assignments or taking tests because the work was clearly not challenging me. When I took an English Lit class that was more about analyzing themes and that sort of thing, then I enjoyed it more.

As a child, I think the parts of elementary school that dealt with art and literature were most interesting to me. I did like world history in 6th grade because we had this hippy dippy teacher who inculcated art projects into it, haha.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Right now I really like Chemistry, Psychology, and English.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Geography and music, but sadly the music teachers I had werent that good usually. Oh and computer sciences was fun too :proud:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
English, up until that last two years of high school.

I enjoyed my elective classes more so than anything... Sociology, Psychology, and various art classes.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Art is number one, so it's the only one i voted for. I usually enjoy social studies... I like bio and chem as well. I love foreign language but abhor English class (which is possibly INFP blasphemy) my english teachers always get all up in my grill... I have never liked any of my English teachers - the ones I've had all seem to have these holier-than-thou "I'm so deep and understanding of poignant symbolism" attitudes...
to be honest, I don't like school or going to class... and when I do go to class, I pay little attention, save for art and french. i'm motivated to become fluent in french because i intend to move to quebec someday - that and there is a lot of french music and poetry i like that i'd like to understand without translations. the things that truly interest me I learn on my own...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Home living is a school subject?!
My best subject was graphic design. It combines the creativity of art with the precision of maths, and the problem solving aspects were perfect for me. However, I liked any subject as long as it was taught in a way that I could handle. As soon as things started getting too subjective (English) or too repetitive (maths) I would either argue or refuse to participate. It was pretty immature, but I was young(er).

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I found it was more about the teacher than the subject matter. If the teacher can establish a connection with the students, relevance of the subject matter, and be willing to get out of their personal comfort zone to achieve those two, the class will be a blast.

I've enjoyed almost every subject and I've hated almost every subject, depending on the mindset of the teacher.

OTOH, it helps if I'm mature enough to keep an open mind. A bad experience in one math class can sour me on math, making it harder on the next math teacher that I have. That is my battle to fight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For me, my favorites would be math, science, English, and computers. I hate art. I don't mind looking at it/analyzing but I hate doing it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
English, History, Geography and Biology for me :cool:. English being the favourite (and what I study at uni), I love how abstract it is and the search for meaning. Physics and Chemistry are just...blah!, too many facts.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.