Personality Cafe banner

What is/was your favorite school subject?

• Art

Votes: 166 30.2%
  • Business

Votes: 23 4.2%
  • English

Votes: 215 39.2%
  • Home Living

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Math

Votes: 89 16.2%
  • Physical Education

Votes: 44 8.0%
  • Science

Votes: 170 31.0%
  • Social Studies

Votes: 154 28.1%
  • Trades (ex. Automotive)

Votes: 10 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 116 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
I had a real hard time at this poll. I had to look at all the choices one by one and systematically figure out what I liked and disliked about each class.

In the end I hate them all equally.

Reactions: Sela and starflower

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Aww home living isn't doing so hot. I loved cooking and sewing though! Making tote-bags and pizza. Now thats a High-school class! In the "Other" that I voted for, I liked Wood shop, and ceramics & sculpture (not sure if that should be considered art category as its not a typical "art class," as I made brass and copper rings and such in that one as well.)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
The only fun education was Chemistry - even with dull teachers burning stuff and smoke emitting chemical reactions were great! Unfortunately I suck at remembering facts so had no chance of getting good grades and making a career out of it :sad:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Science, Math, Art

French was also cool, and Piano class. Psychology was fun, but because I drove my teacher insane, ironically. ^_^

·
Registered
42 Posts
Social Studies, Science, and English here. I'm also a theater nerd, so I selected Other as well. I love to learn about history, government, societal structure, and see great beauty and wonder in the intricacies of human society, and the brilliant stories that exist in humanity's past. I also love learning about processes in the natural world, biological, chemical, and physics-related - they're simply amazing when you take more than a simple glance at them. English fuels my creativity, and lets me get away with writing down the most outrageous things I can think of.

Math... I swear, Math has a personal vendetta against me. I have been at war with the Legion of Numbers since the day I arrived on the planet and blinking stepped into the sun. I cannot even do so much as basic algebra. It's funny too, because I'm great at physics, but throw numbers rather than symbols (for lack of a better word - I know, numbers are themselves symbols, but they're numerically-representative symbols and that makes them automatically eeeeevil) into the equation (no pun intended) and I start tearing out my hair. And Physical Education is such a worthless subject, "let's all go and get sweaty for no reason!" I'm not exactly the most fit person, which obviously colors my perspective on it, but there's no denying that it's irritating.

Reactions: Fiddler

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
I've always been fascinated by foreign languages, history and culture. And I was quick to pick up on geometry in school.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I hate everything in school. I have interest in the actual subjects, but the material taught is drier than the Sahara Desert.
It also depends on who teaches them. It could be an interesting subject made boring or they don't know what they're teaching and how to teach or they just seems to like making your life miserable.

I voted art, science and PE. If there was a foreign language option, I'd choose it as well. The English as a second language lessons I had are pretty boring, except when they told me to go back and write essays. I love geography but I don't like what's being taught.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Seeing as that I'm a business major, I chose business. Having said that, there are some business classes that I've disliked (Principles of Management = zzzzzzzzzzzz, Accounting = the Devil, etc.) OTOH, the surprise winner thus far was my Economics class. LOVED that class. It was SO interesting! (Too bad I couldn't have taken the next higher class of Econ instead of the Accounting class, but it doesn't work that way.)

41 - 60 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.