Personality Cafe banner

What is/was your favorite school subject?

• Art

Votes: 166 30.2%
  • Business

Votes: 23 4.2%
  • English

Votes: 215 39.2%
  • Home Living

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Math

Votes: 89 16.2%
  • Physical Education

Votes: 44 8.0%
  • Science

Votes: 170 31.0%
  • Social Studies

Votes: 154 28.1%
  • Trades (ex. Automotive)

Votes: 10 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 116 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,065 Posts
Art and English. I also found Japanese interesting. I enjoyed writing short stories and poetry when I was younger.

·
Registered
130 Posts
English. Far and away my favorite.

I've been an avid reader all my life. I'm planning on going into the editing field. And if I remember correctly, some of the books lying around on my bedroom floor are Words That Work, by Frank Luntz; 100 Words That Every High School Graduate Should Know, from the editors of the American Heritage dictionaries; and An Introduction to Classification and Number Building in Dewey, by Marty Bloomberg and Hans Weber.

I have The Grammar Bible, by Michael Strumpf and Auriel Douglas, here with me now...

As for the other subjects... science and history can be interesting, but math muddles my mind until it's just a miserable mass. *sigh*

Oh, and foreign languages are pretty fun. I've been dabbling in German for a while now. Still can't form a complete sentence, but I'm getting close to memorizing the sixteen or so German equivalents of 'the'. :crazy:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Psychology was my favorite subject, followed closely by english and history.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
I love studying art in basically every form: martial arts, visual arts, music, dance, theater, etc.
I love studying behavioral social science: psychology, sociology, anthropology, etc
I love studying some business aspects: marketing and economics mainly.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Strangely it was RE (Religious Eduction)....all though primary and secondary school i was really interested in religion....but im not relgious and now, can't remember hardly anything about it.

I think it comes from my desire for breadth of knowledge....it doesn't matter if im not Thai, I still want to know how to say hello non verbally (which by the way, is puttting your hands together as if praying - in front of your chest - and bowing your head to just above where you fingertips are)

Your welcome :wink: (ps. i dont know what the non verbal thai for that is) :tongue:

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Anything where shit blows up or catches on fire. On the other peaceful side of me I love history!
<- Got a 5 ON AP:USH last year without reading the text book.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My favourite was History which I have mentally listed under "Other" as in Britain, History is part of the Humanities and is not counted a "social science".
Interesting, in my school humanities are literature, religions, languages, music, art and philosophy, while social science are anthropology, history, geography, psychology, sociology ect.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes, this apparently comes from a disagreement in what the method of history should be. As a humanity, the methods are analytic, critical, or speculative as opposed to empirical (the gathering of quantitative information) and sociologically orientated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
sciences: biology, we got to dissect things.:cool:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I took a Theory of Knowledge class and I wish I could have taken it forever, the structure of it was great.

Most people hated it but it was probably one of the only classes I was interested in enough to keep up in it and excel at. I had the same teacher for Theory of Knowledge and for history and he called me an enigma on the report card because of the difference in my personality when I was really enthralled by something.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
English class is stupid, and the biggest waste of my time, because as you can tell I have horrible grammar. Why don't they just make grammar class instead of English class, I may have valued my education, even through college, its horrible. I did learn how to BS papers in that class, and drag out subjects into 5 pages which that should only last for 5 paragraphs.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I loved History, just so interesting and the teacher was hilarious, had some good discussions too. I liked Chemistry, fascinating. And English was great once we started doing poetry and Shakespeare, before that not so much. Geography, Maths and Physics never got me going. Languages, too much detail and remembering. Art, crap teacher but I got really good at it when I left school!

Anybody relate? If so, what type are you? IT would be interesting to compare :happy:

61 - 80 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.