Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harley Quinn is often depicted in the comics and the Batman animated series(there is multiple versions) as a psychologist who fell in love with Joker went insane and became his crazy side kick. She is often not depicted in any of the batman films. Which is disappointing and I think it would be nice to add her to the films. She was niave and states that joker "Brought fun into her life and listens to her issues for once". This would indicate she felt ignored and bored. Many women actually fall in love with killers/crazys all the time. "Charlie manson" has a bunch of women outside prison sending him letters and so did/do a lot of other criminals that seem to be pure evil. When she becomes Harley Quinn she adds a Boston accent which she previously did not have, adopted this cute little girl persona and started giving people cute little nicknames. A complete 180 from her previous personality. So what is wrong with Harley? Why did she become so obsessed with Harley? Was she feeling neglected and so clinged to someone that made her feel important? We all know that the joker is manipulative but not one trusts the joker. Even Batman sees though his lies. So why? What is the psychology of Harley? What issues made her fall in love with joker?

·
Registered
9,017 Posts
Attraction to 'bad boys' might have psychological reasons. Perhaps the dad, brother, uncle or teacher was a bad boy in some way and sometimes adult people try and recreate past relationships. I reckon that might be about simply b/c that's what they're familiar with, but it might also be indicative of issues that have resonated into adulthood.

But then, part of the attraction may be explained b/c characters like the Joker are fun to be around in a way. There's adventure, thrill and surprises round every corner.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Dear, sweet Harley Quinn. I don't know what's wrong with her REALLY. I can sympathize and empathize with her, though. This is not a good thing and it remains a concern for me, but I'd like to leave it at that. I will say that I've seen a lot of people asserting that she has Battered Person Syndrome, but I don't think it's only that. That's too simple. I just don't want to say much more because I could be projecting on her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts