Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Libtard
22,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've asked this question before a couple of years ago with a whole other group of INTJs.

Seeing as there are a fukton of threads here at the moment asking questions about love, hugging being dredged up from 2008 no less I thought I would kill two birds with one stone. a) getting a new thread up (regardless of an old question and.... b) asking a "love" question that is actually less about hugging and leg humping.

Here is the test.

Here are my results.

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant.

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.22, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.64, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant.

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 2.27, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 1.44, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

I'm quite neurotic before I start dating someone, but once we're together, I mellow out a lot.

Reactions: quadrivium

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Libtard
22,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm quite neurotic before I start dating someone, but once we're together, I mellow out a lot.
Same. I'm a bit like an ESFP (whilst internally screaming STFU!) before I mellow a little. It's embarrassing.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 4.12, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 6.08, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).
Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the fearful quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that fearful people tend to have much difficulty in their relationships. They tend to avoid becoming emotionally attached to others, and, even in cases in which they do enter a committed relationship, the relationship may be characterized by mistrust or a lack of confidence.
...:unsure:

·
Banned
4,227 Posts
Attachment: 3.56
Avoidance: 2.09

So upper left/secure quadrant? It definitely helps that I'm dating an INTJ dual (ESFP). It's pretty amazing (yes, sappy, but amazing) how easy it is to feel understood and secure in this sort of relationship -that is, if it actually gets started to begin with. I tend to think that INTJ go one way or the other with relationships - either things work well because we wouldn't stay in a shitty relationship to begin with, or we date a mismatched type and harbor endless desire for improvement to a situation that simply isn't optimal.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the preoccupied quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that preoccupied people tend to have highly conflictual relationships. Although they are comfortable expressing their emotions, preoccupied individuals often experience a lot of negative emotions, which can often interfere with their relationships.
Bugger. I think when I took it before, I was in the fearful quadrant. Not sure which is worse :p

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the dismissing quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that dismissing people tend to prefer their own autonomy--oftentimes at the expense of their close relationships. Although dismissing people often have high self-confidence, they sometimes come across as hostile or competitive by others, and this often interferes with their close relationships.
10characters.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
I think I have taken this test before and my result was Dismissive.

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.91, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 4.22, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).
Dismissing quadrant. It's probably accurate, in my case. I'm pretty anxious when things get underway but once I become secure in the relationship, I want to hold onto the bulk of my autonomy and do my own thing most of the time.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the dismissing quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that dismissing people tend to prefer their own autonomy--oftentimes at the expense of their close relationships. Although dismissing people often have high self-confidence, they sometimes come across as hostile or competitive by others, and this often interferes with their close relationships.
All your characters are belong to here.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 2.10, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 2.40, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders

Now if I could only find someone who is also secure to get into a relationship with...

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 5.50, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 5.11, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).
Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the fearful quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that fearful people tend to have much difficulty in their relationships. They tend to avoid becoming emotionally attached to others, and, even in cases in which they do enter a committed relationship, the relationship may be characterized by mistrust or a lack of confidence.
seems legit ... Relationships are not my forté :|

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 2.46, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 2.00, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders.

Meh.

·
Registered
324 Posts
"Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the fearful quadrant.

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 4.80, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 4.10, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance)."

Reactions: tooboku

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 5.43, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 4.92, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).
I answered these as closely as I could to the most recent experience. I would say it's accurate but normally I would find myself more dismissive.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts