Personality Cafe banner

What is your attraction spectrum? Do you have a specific physical type?

4K views 106 replies 65 participants last post by  SysterMatic 
#1 · (Edited)
What is your attraction spectrum? What types of people are you attracted to? What is your range? Or do you have a specific physical type?

My preferences:
I don't have a specific physical type that I'm attracted to, but IRL I'm probably drawn more to the guys with dark hair, brown eyes, & a nice smile. I like sweet, strong, charismatic men. I want to feel protected, by my guy, so I usually go for the big guys, the more manly, the better. Softens my rough INTJ edges.
:wink:
My height range would be from 5'8/1.76 & up, I'm 5'5/1.67. I prefer someone with some meat on their bones, at least 200lbs/90kg. & above. Hair, no hair, doesn't matter to me. Skin or eye color, does not matter either.

I think Kevin James is a sexy, loyal, funny guy.
He's on the short end at 5'8/1.76
A little over weight but still attractive.

LL Cool J is hot!
Height 6'2/1.88
In great shape, bald, & sensual.

Jason Momoa is the man I would consider my, most ideal.
Height 6'4/1.95 He's so pretty!!!
Long hair, tats, scars, outdoorsy, good-natured, sweetie.

Hair Hairstyle Human Photography Outerwear

I might have a thing for Polynesian men?
Hair Facial hair Beard Arm Tattoo

Roman Reigns :drooling:

Edit: I was reminded of the age range, for me it would be, no more than 5 years younger, up to 15 years older.

See less See more
#3 ·
Im attracted to in shape, active, considerate, intelligent men who are at least 3 inches taller than me. I definitely prefer more regular facial features as opposed to strong or unusual ones. I HATE long hair on most men. Too much/to little muscle/fat is a deal breaker. Couldn't care less about race/ethnicity.

#4 ·
Definitely someone active and in-shape, but probably not a runner because I'm really, really attracted to a tall and broad build - someone really muscular. Beyond that, honestly just like the face of a Hemsworth (nbd not like it's v hard to find or my standards are unreasonably high or anything). The chiseled jaw and really bright or really dark eyes (polarizing in some way) with a great smile and thick hair - u g h. I don't really care for an exact color/shade of eyes, skin, or hair or anything.

Someone really cultured is super important, too. That's not a physical trait, but I really need someone who's eloquent, yet entertaining and outgoing, and really just enjoys experiencing the more refined aspects of culture.

Met my dream twice, but one was an ISTP and between the two of us communication and commitment were both a very real nightmare and we never made it work, and the other looked like a Greek god but I had no romantic interest so I'm pretty much just really close friends with both of them now lol RIP.

Reactions: Mmmm
#5 ·
Sweet & funny? You are measuring man up to unrealistic standards of likability and humor, ya knows those comedians are photoshopped to sound sweet & funny.

In that spirit... I am more frequently attracted to opposite of my own color palette, redheads and blondes with pale and alabaster skin tones are easy on the eyes, but that's more about frequency then a set rule - my last ex had a beautiful olive skin tone, before her I've dated a Chinese girl who was attractive when she was sober which turned out to be super rare so that ended, and I've had a crush on a black girl, so there are certainly exceptions in regards to color.

More consistently I tend to like specific body features. A pronounced collarbone, a great butt (preferably with more to grab), shapely legs, and specifically for women - a bony high flare hip can go along way (The hourglass from when glass workers wanted to be hip with 1910s cubism). I have moods about boobs, sometimes big ones and sometimes smaller ones, I generally don't expect my partner's boobs to change according to my moods, but if someone did have that superpower...

A friend of mine once commented that I often like "big foreheads", I've never noticed that until he said it - I guess the girls he is into do tend to have more rounded features then the ones I am into. Since then I have noticed some common facial features that work for me: Sharp facial features that at least somewhat follow the cheekbones outline, sharp chin, and I guess large foreheads. A big smile helps to reassure the part of me that's expecting women to need to bite their way out of harm's way, which I generally expect to happen on tuesdays.

Then I have preferences about the nether regions which nobody feels comfortable about because who the f' wants to feel judged about that? But it's not like I've ever felt unattracted to someone because of their nether regions (so far), it's more that if those preferences are met I tend to be more naturally drawn to them in foreplay - it's the point at which I am not doing it just for their enjoyment but because playing there is my new favorite activity.

Don't care about height, but I am 6'4, so my minimum requirement is the ability to walk with someone down the street without people assuming I've kidnapped them as a snack (on a non-tuesday).

#7 ·
I'm liking the fact, you two guys are tall. :cool:

Sweet & funny? You are measuring man up to unrealistic standards of likability and humor, ya knows those comedians are photoshopped to sound sweet & funny.

Then I have preferences about the nether regions which nobody feels comfortable about because who the f' wants to feel judged about that? But it's not like I've ever felt unattracted to someone because of their nether regions (so far), it's more that if those preferences are met I tend to be more naturally drawn to them in foreplay - it's the point at which I am not doing it just for their enjoyment but because playing there is my new favorite activity.

Don't care about height, but I am 6'4, so my minimum requirement is the ability to walk with someone down the street without people assuming I've kidnapped them as a snack (on a non-tuesday).
Hey, you are pretty funny yourself. Do you care to elaborate on the bold question, just curious?

#9 ·
A well defined "hourglass shape" is something I prefer, usually ends up being athletic and non-obese ladies.
Preferably short, 1.55 meters up to 1.7 meters.

I have a slight weakness for blondes and redheads, but I'm not picky about it specifically.

#13 ·
I probably have some personal types (character/soul/the person on the inside), but I don't have physical types. All my partners have been fairly different from each other, other than they're all women, lol. Generally speaking, its rare for me to find a potential partner ugly or unattractive if I find who they are internally attractive. I tend to feel most women are usually beautiful as a general rule. That only changes with their personality, for the better or worse.

#16 ·
This topic seems a bit superficial to me since I believe attraction is mostly about chemistry.
Having said that, physical traits are a major part of attraction in many ways.
So ...

Basically i'd like a guy to be about my height; 5'9" (177cm) give or take a couple of inches either way.
Weight no more than 180lbs (85kg). I'm not keen on unnecessary weight - nor skinny/underweight men.
I don't like facial hair (no beards), regular length hair that men have (no baldies or short cuts) and just a light covering of body hair. Colour wise, light brown would be nice.
Generally smooth/soft facial features with a great smile and (blue or intense green) eyes that you could drown in.
Age-wise, no more than five years older and less than ten years younger (i'm already in my mid 50's).

In terms of personality, somebody who is confident and relaxed (stable basically).
He needs to a have an easy going personality with a sense of humour whilst also being a responsible type.
I'm more an intellectual, so a guy who is emotionally 'in-touch' would complement me well.

Essentially just a 'normal' everyday guy ...
Is that too much to ask for?

#17 ·
I mean I would say I have preferences but no deal breakers. If you took the personality of someone I deeply loved and put it in a butt ugly body I would not stop feeling the love. So personally I can't make a criteria for physical looks, they just aren't the main thing for me. I would never ever feel like "oh I really like you but because of the way you look I just can't." For me it's all about the connection, the mind, the soul.

#18 ·
The darling dozen in physicality

Essentials:
1. 2 or more inches taller than me
2. 'masculine' look overall (no 'boyishness' or 'pretty', please)
3. 'normal' fit body with some muscle (not too thin or overweight but not muscular in the extreme either)

Basics:
4. darker features
5. similar age (mine to five years older)
6. good amount of muscle in legs -- a balanced look between a (strong) upper and lower body

Prefer:
7. good physical ability/coordination/reflexes (moves well/efficiently, not clumsy)
8. vibe slightly cold & heavy (immoveable), a serious facial expression is his default
9. body language shows he's obviously comfortable in his own skin/relaxed ('real' confidence, no bravado)

Ideal:
10. sexy hands
11. reasonably well dressed -- some style (awareness/competence/self standard) present but you can tell he doesn't prioritize clothes/try too hard/seek attention
12. some hint of depth/mystery to be uncovered (like his smile is wry rather than affable or his eyes belie a tenderness from deep within)

#19 · (Edited)
I think about these preferences for fun, but don't take them too seriously. I'd say roughly about my height -- 5 ft 8 -- give or take a couple inches. Average weight or a little thinner (but if they're thinner, I prefer at least a little muscle definition. Not much.) Longer than average hair for a guy. I do not like the clean cut look. Race-wise, I do have a small preference for other blacks, but it's mostly unimportant.

I AM very particular about personality. I really like guys who are some mix of dorky, but also polite and personable. A lot of emotional sensitivity is a must, and they have to be emotionally mature with it; almost to a point where they'd be called feminine. Use of proper old fashioned manners are a huge win for me, as is the ability to poke fun at oneself. I love modesty, humility, and wholesomeness. Confidence is fine, but I have a lot of respect for men (and people in general) who take their existence with a grain of salt, if you will. Unfortunately it's super rare for me to meet men like this >.<

I mostly only have fictional representations of this. I kind of had a thing for Joel Barish from Eternal Sunshine (enneagram 9 types or other 6s usually do it for me. Sometimes 2s.) I thought his character was really sweet, especially for a man. The only change I'd make with him, ideally, is I'd need him to be a LITTLE more outgoing and expressive.

Another example would have been Steve Carrell's character in 40 year old virgin (just, about 10-15 years younger. xD I'm 26.) Or Michael Cera's character in Juno. Joel Barish:

#20 ·
The pattern I find is:

95% of the time: they have dark hair
90% of the time: they have brown eyes
85% of the time: they are 5ft11+
80% of the time: they are very introverted/reserved

I've found myself attracted to thin people but in general they're either unfit, slightly overweight and sometimes they are fit but not "slim".

My partner fits my pattern: Dark hair and eyes (he's indian), 6ft, introverted and reserved, fit but not thin. And damn, he has big arms and wide shoulders :blushed:

#21 · (Edited)
I prefer N dom or at least perceivers' facial features. And not too much of a F or T-leaning face. Generally the faces I like also have proportionally long tongues.

Same height and body type as mine or close to. Healthy muscle/fat ratio. Good posture. No flatflabbysaggy butt. Wide lowish-profiled hips, small waist, tits are more about the shape than the size (tho one needs some size to get the shape). Super thin legs are nope. I don't care about the shape of shoulders and arms.

#22 ·
I stand at 5'10, 175lbs. Tan skin, broad shoulders, black hair, and dark brown eyes. I'm Asian with a slim athletic build.

I would prefer my girl a little more free-spirited, someone who likes to go out or stay in, and is 420 friendly. I like my girl laid back and curvy; doesn't have to be rap video status, but just enough for me to feel the cushion when she sits on my lap.

I could date anyone from 4'11 to 6'0, but ideally from 5'3 to 5'7 is the range I prefer. I do have a thing for braids, curly hair, and glasses, so if she has any of those features she definitely has my attention. I would admit I do have a thing for blondes, but it honestly doesn't matter too much the hair or eye color when it really comes down to it.

#23 ·
I have difficulties with this, I feel attracted to diff kinds of women, in terms of physique:
- I kinda prefer white skin (don't exactly know why) but sure a lot of dark skin women drive me nuts
- dark or light hair is ok
- eye color doesn't matter, eye shape do shows a preferred type
- lips difficult to say
- body shape? CURVY!
- I prefer non thin over thin women (I'm athletic, I don't care)
- I prefer non tall women (I'm 1.90mts, I don't care)

Important stuff: I've noticed my interest and attraction increases heavily if I notice the woman has fluent conversation, wide range of vocabulary and smiles. That's all I can say at this point regarding general people (without knowing the person). Conversation, fast mind, fluid vocabulary, rich control of the voice and fast are the signature among all my relationships. Those are all physical traits or manifestations (regardless of personality or what's inside the person)

Past: had Gfs ranging from tall to short, white to dark skin, eye color (black, brown, dark and light brown, gray, green, grades of blue), thin, athletic, intensively sporty, non thin, fat (big!), voluptuous, dark hair, non dark, etc. That's why this is kinda difficult to me because my history of relationships show a wide range of variety. Chinese? third generation, black? never had the chance, they aren't common in my area, only dated one black woman. Been to countries with dark/black skin population and sure some of them looked amazing to my taste, some didn't (as local women do, some yes, some nope).

// I used to feel funny dating short women because I'm tall but turns out most tall guys (almost every single guy I know) have a thin for non tall women. Yes I had 2 GFs who were really tall, it felt weird but I adapted. Sexually, it was different... having a woman so big (so tall) in bed, not comparable to big in size (non thin).

#27 ·
In terms of physical appearance, I don't have too much preference, as long as they're at least somewhat attractive. Body type slim or average, maybe a bit above average. They have to be intelligent, preferably more than me, funny/similar sense of humour, good chemistry (it's easy to cary conversation with them), have similar interests.

#29 ·
I'm 5'5" and 106 lbs. I've put on some weight since I quit ballet and came off the pill, but I'm trying to manage it. I'm in my early 20's, so my expectations are going to lean to younger guys. I don't have really have celebrity crushes, but these are the kind of guys I think are attractive:

Kit Harrington 5'8" 170 lbs.
Sometimes he beefs up too much for my tastes. Years of ballet, visually I'm drawn to leaner men.

Josh Hutcherson 5'7" 150 lbs

Charlie Rowe 5'9" 170 lbs

#30 · (Edited)
Physically, I can be 'attracted' to various types, but I think my ideal would be... not telling!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.