Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting here looking at my "AWESOME" room, with its walls that are covered in posters of deadpool, dragonball z, star wars and art that I've done over the years; cutouts, stickers, a few soft toys from times past and a ceiling covered in glow in the dark stars and was wondering what other INTJ's or other types decorated their rooms like.:highly_amused:

I also have a 2018 calendar that is firefighters and puppies....:yeah:

What is your furniture layout? I have a queen bed against my wall with a window overlooking a paddock that contains sheep. I have a touch lamp next to my bed, my lava lamps bulb exploded...I do not have a full length mirror.... or a walk in wardrobe.... just a set of chest draws and a mid size mirror.

Let me know what yours is like !! :rockon:

Reactions: Froody Blue Gem

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Hahahaha. I posted a picture of my music part of my place.

The bedroom is much, much worse. I don't want to unplug my phone and do a picture.

A few hundred books I sort of don't want in my office, in some open crates. an old twin mattress up against a wall as an impromptu "heavy bag" for the few times I feel like working on my lame boxing combinations. All clothes get hung up on hangers, except for the piles of older clothes sort of stacked in this closet thing. Two dozen books strewn on my queen-sized bed, with no bottom sheet, just bare mattress, because I haven't gotten around to doing sheets in the laundry yet. What else. A giant pile of U-Haul boxes I haven't collapsed down for five or six years, because if I move, I didn't want to have to retape them back together.

What else...I put the box "spring"/platform for the bed up against the wall, as well as the Hollywood frame for it, because...I don't know, I was vacuuming a long time ago and didn't feel like reassembling it.

I'm sure there are many more horrors I'm forgetting, but that's probably enough.

Meh, I get a good eight hours quod diem, it's good enough.

And if some woman is dumb enough to let me lure her into my bunker, she's likely not to be the type to complain, what with the GHB and her low standards.

But, hey, my bathroom and kitchen are spotless! You know, pretty much.

I kind of like my bedroom, though -- it's interesting to move from my nice little office, all walls covered with books arranged according to my system, two big desks, into some ghetto-like crack den.

Variety is the spice -- stain? -- of life.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I preffer a straw bed than a normal one tho nobody let me do it xd , Anyway i have my videogames collection , some books , some toys , wind instruments from peru , a creepy doll :) , my fender stratocaster ( poor thing i never use it ) , my spanish guitar , mini-cooler for beers and green tea , some tools and random ect stuff.

I don't like to clean at all .

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Clean, organised. Everything, with the exception of my desk + the shelves above (where I keep accolades, trophies, personal items etc) and the bookcase, is bare. None of that nonsense of sticking things on the wall/on the wardrobe or leaving shit on the floor. If you covered up the space where the desk, shelves and bookcase resided, you wouldn't be able to tell a thing about what I am interested in based on the room. Exactly the way I like it.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clean, organised. Everything, with the exception of my desk + the shelves above (where I keep accolades, trophies, personal items etc) and the bookcase, is bare. None of that nonsense of sticking things on the wall/on the wardrobe or leaving shit on the floor. If you covered up the space where the desk, shelves and bookcase resided, you wouldn't be able to tell a thing about what I am interested in based on the room. Exactly the way I like it.
FINALLY A CLEAN ROOM:eek:ctopus:. This makes me feel good for some reason. Hearing about all these messy rooms makes me feel slightly uncomfortable. I may have stuff all over my walls but everything is spaced evenly and has its own place. No clothes lying around, no mess. My books are all colour and size coded on my shelves.

Reactions: Wellington

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: PNW5w4

·
Registered
558 Posts
This is surprising. My best friend is, I suspect, an INTP, and he is messy. I thought Judgers were clean and orderly?
Well yeah , i don't like to clean at all and for that i paid people that can do it for me , I guess my bedroom sound kinda messy but in reality is more a studio rather than a proper bedroom.

I want some work of arts too but the ones that i want are so expensive that i can't really afford it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well yeah , i don't like to clean at all and for that i paid people that can do it for me , I guess my bedroom sound kinda messy but in reality is more a studio rather than a proper bedroom.

I want some work of arts too but the ones that i want are so expensive that i can't really afford it.
I print out art I find on the web to decorate my spaces :)

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
On my white walls I have about 5 things hanging up - a few paintings I did, a poster from a faerie artist I like, and a world map. I have one small bookshelf that is holding odds and ends and boxes, no books (those are still in my moving boxes from 2 years ago sitting in my walk in closet shelves :p), with my two degrees in their little book thing on top and an empty vase that used to hold “get well” balloons that have deflated and been thrown away but didn’t know what to do with the vase. And a random candle someone gave me last month. Oh, I also have my hood from my Master’s degree graduation gown hanging up on my wall along with a cheapie full length mirror.

I have a queen bed against the wall in a corner underneath the window and a fairly large wood desk on the wall adjacent under the window with my computer as well as stuff like my sunrise alarm clock and a lamp. I have a basket of clean clothes that I haven’t put in any drawers in my closet, a pile of a few pairs of shoes, and a pile of paper bags and reusable grocery bags in one corner that I keep meaning to put away somewhere.

My bed is not made. My desk has a mug of tea from last night and some pieces of mail on it. I’d say my bedroom looks lived in but not particularly dirty or messy. Just...rumpled. Lol

Fin.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Imma neat freak and pseudo-minimalist and I've always lived in studios, so my living space tends to be clean and on the sparse side. The only time it looks messy is before taking a shower, after shopping or when my dumbass cat decides to be a brat. Ex:

Right now, I only have three pieces of furniture and two bookshelves. My clothes are nicely organized in a closet and I have a bike + a shopping cart that takes up space. There are no decorations on the walls, but I do have a small B&W painting I've been meaning to get framed for years as well as brass incense holders, art books and candles on the fireplace/windowsills.

I like airy spaces and cleanliness versus over decorating with a bunch of knick knacks.

The only additions I plan on making are: a giant plant, a coffee table and a cute rug that will fit with the lilac velvet furniture.

·
Registered
54 Posts
INTP here- My underware and socks from yesterday are on the floor by my bed, where they belong until they are dirty enough for me to put in the dirty clothes. The bed is unmade, as it should be until it is time to wash and change the bedding. Why waste time and energy making the bed when it is just going to get messed up again at night. The night stands on both sides of the bed are full of stuff which my wife and I think we might want at night some time, but in reality there are probably not more than 3 items each that we have probably touched in the last year. The floor by her bed is covered with books (because that is all she does in bed :) The predominant characteristic of the bedroom atmosphere is a sense of tension from both of us wishing things could be different.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts