Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am redecorating. I wanted to paint my room black but my mum isn't allowing me to because it's "strange", apparently. Anyway I have a better idea - lickable wallpaper. Or I might smash a mirror and stick it on the wall. And I might make candles out of cheese.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I'd like to have my bedroom walls painted, but I'm not too sure I'm open to basically having no access to my room for however long that takes and also to having all of my crap removed temporarily.

And I might make candles out of cheese.
Somehow, that seems like it may not work out so well.

Or I might smash a mirror and stick it on the wall.
That undermines the function of the mirror. That's mean.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Now that's a nice idea, painting the room black, genius !
Also argue about it with your mother, i'ts your room, you spend a lot of time in it, you should be able to choose how it looks like !

·
Registered
ESFJ
642 Posts
It's medium yellow with white trim, with a bed that's too big (imo), a desk, chair, a couple of book cases. I'm working on weeding out all the crap because I hate having too many possessions.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Give it that paint that changes color when you look at it in different angles. You know, that kind that changes from green to purple and back. You'll need a metallic surface though. Convince your mom to get metal panels as wallpaper.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I am redecorating. I wanted to paint my room black but my mum isn't allowing me to because it's "strange", apparently. Anyway I have a better idea - lickable wallpaper. Or I might smash a mirror and stick it on the wall. And I might make candles out of cheese.
I wanted black but got the same response from my mother, so I compromised and painted it purple :) PURPLEEE. I also saw them make edible wallpaper on a program once, it was neat, people licked it.
Also NEVER SMASH MIRRORS. (possible 7 years bad luck and a high risk of injury). Why my use cutlery stuck to the wall in collumns as a mirror?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Give it that paint that changes color when you look at it in different angles. You know, that kind that changes from green to purple and back. You'll need a metallic surface though. Convince your mom to get metal panels as wallpaper.
Oh come on, don't be silly now!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wanted black but got the same response from my mother, so I compromised and painted it purple :) PURPLEEE. I also saw them make edible wallpaper on a program once, it was neat, people licked it.
Also NEVER SMASH MIRRORS. (possible 7 years bad luck and a high risk of injury). Why my use cutlery stuck to the wall in collumns as a mirror?
I think I'm going to paint my room blue. Yep I know smashed mirror = bad luck. That's the point. And the cutlery idea is great actually. I'm going to steal it.

Anyways I had an idea but I'm not going to do it or anything cos I'm not a psycho fish murderer. A really great piece of art would be to fill a goldfish bowl with warm water, add the fish, then add jelly. The jelly would set and the fish would be stuck in the jelly. You would be able to see its big eyes and everything.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Oh come on, don't be silly now!
Alright fine.

You can try sponge painting. It gives the walls much more texture than applying it with a roll or brush. here's some examples:

After the regular paint job, you can apply some invisible UV reactive paint. During the day it looks like a glossy shine on your paint, but under a black light, it glows all kinds of neon colors. Though it's more for drawing designs than covering an entire room. Here's a link to buy the paint and some examples:

Brush-on | Page 1 | Sort By: Product Title A-Z - FrozenCPU.com *

Aerosol | Page 1 | Sort By: Product Title A-Z - FrozenCPU.com *

·
Registered
749 Posts
What!? Cheese candles would bestir the appetite and I feel like licking a wall wouldn't satisfy my hunger. Your room would fast become a tantalizing hell of sorts, especially if you throw up the broken glass shards because tongue cuts are the worst.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
My room is bright, sunshine yellow. These pics were taken right after I repainted it, so its never this clean and organized looking. And I also got rid of the desk because I never use it, put in a second book case because I had too many books for one, and I have a 50 gal aquarium for a ball python in there too. My dog got paint on her ears, it was pretty funny.

And I got a cool more awesome TV to replace that tiny one

Nothing better to watch on a big HDTV than March of the Penguins :tongue:

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I think I'm going to paint my room blue. Yep I know smashed mirror = bad luck. That's the point. And the cutlery idea is great actually. I'm going to steal it.

Anyways I had an idea but I'm not going to do it or anything cos I'm not a psycho fish murderer. A really great piece of art would be to fill a goldfish bowl with warm water, add the fish, then add jelly. The jelly would set and the fish would be stuck in the jelly. You would be able to see its big eyes and everything.
Why thank you!
I think animal rights activists may have a problem with that bit of art. One good bit was at the local museum a while back of a fish finger in a bowl, haha.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
My room is bright, sunshine yellow. These pics were taken right after I repainted it, so its never this clean and organized looking. And I also got rid of the desk because I never use it, put in a second book case because I had too many books for one, and I have a 50 gal aquarium for a ball python in there too. My dog got paint on her ears, it was pretty funny.

Nothing better to watch on a big HDTV than March of the Penguins :tongue:
Sorry, I have to say your room is scarily tidy D:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sorry, I have to say your room is scarily tidy D:
I know. It doesn't look like my room at all. I'll have to take new pics XD

I had to move everything out to paint it and take everything off the shelves and desk and entertainment center. So instead of being bothered putting it all back, most of it just got thrown out. I have little patience for organizing :unsure:

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
very pop art, like Warholish. It's ivory on three walls, and the forth wall is bright blue. The edging is dark grey and the furniture is all black. I have a picture of two owmen in bed in black and white over my dresser in black and white. It is framed in black and grey matting. It is offset to the right of the dresser. Off to the left side I have a 8x10 black and white pic of my daughter playing her Oboe. Its a close up and you see her from the top of her head down. I have a blue 'black' light in the corner that is a torchier. Next to the bed on each side I have lights, black, that bend over the bed itself. The bed is on two sets of waterbed drawers. I have a comfoter that is the above colors, white tigers print in retor pop art graphics and the eye in the bright blue on the wall. The curtains are black with blue and gray scarves over the top of the rods. I have ivory colored rugs next to the bed and the floor is wood floors, not carpeted.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I know. It doesn't look like my room at all. I'll have to take new pics XD

I had to move everything out to paint it and take everything off the shelves and desk and entertainment center. So instead of being bothered putting it all back, most of it just got thrown out. I have little patience for organizing :unsure:
That's more like it ;D
My room's neat but not neat in the conventional sense. More like organised mess.

·
Registered
160 Posts
my room is white and black white walls, and everything else is black, or zebra print.... i wanted to paint my walls black but my mom said that there is no way in hell that, that will ever happen, so im either going grey, dark dark green, or dark dark purple..:laughing:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
NGL, my room is pretty nice, but that's what you get from a former design student. :p It's really all about what you do with what you've got, and then following your ideas to improve on the end result. View every stage as a rough draft for the next stage. If you want to paint your room black and think you can rock it, then go for it, dude.

·
Registered
273 Posts
My mom wouldn't let me paint my room black either... but she at least had a reason (its almost impossible to paint over) but my room is a deep creamy purple with cream trim. And I have blackout curtains (to keep out the sun on sleep in mornings) a canopy bed with black and white curtains a purple fuzzy rug and way too many pillows in all colors. It is sorta cleaned up now because or some house show thing- but usually it is a organized mess. My idea of clean is usually picking the random bits of clothing off the rug and putting them in the laundry...:happy:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts