Votes: 1 3.8%
  • AB-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 4 15.4%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Check Signature. 100 characters is just awful.
6,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can either be a:
O+
O-
A+
A-
B+
B-
AB+
AB-

If you are unsure about what your blood type is I have provided an extra option for you.

If you want to know what your blood type is you can visit your GP.

Blood tests can be taken by pricking your veins. Your doctors then test to see what your blood type is.

Make sure you think about it first before you take the test. I can assure you it is not that scary.

Remember that losing blood due to not knowing your blood type has more problems than knowing your blood type. So would you take the risk to see.

Feel free to take this poll. If you want to tell us your blood type you can do. But I will keep this poll anonymous just encase for those who wish to not share their results.

My blood type is AB+. Which makes me feel lucky because if I lose blood I can receive blood from anyone. Also there is only less of us out there in the world.

But I guess if you have a Spanish blood you are likely to have AB. That is just my theory wondering if regions have anything to do with blood types.

Reactions: Ode to Trees

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I asked my mom before and she said "the normal one" which I take to mean the most common, which is O

I only learnt the other day about having a child when one parent is + and one - , a colleague of mine had to get some sort of injection whilst pregnant as otherwise her baby could die? Don't know much about it but was interesting to find out.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I only learnt the other day about having a child when one parent is + and one - , a colleague of mine had to get some sort of injection whilst pregnant as otherwise her baby could die? Don't know much about it but was interesting to find out.
My grandma had to do this with my mom. Her body was basically attacking my mom's fetus as if it was some sort of infection because my grandma had a + blood type and my mom had a - blood type. I have no idea if she had to do this with me though, but she and I have opposing blood types as well.

I'm O+. Most common blood type. Yet another "common" thing about me. Lol

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
For those who don't know their blood type and don't want to pay for a doctor's visit to find out, you can find out by donating blood. They can tell you your blood type during the donation process. If you can't/don't want to donate blood, you can also get blood testing kits for very cheap on Amazon. As long as you follow the instructions properly, you should be able to get an accurate result. I used this one right here, it was about $7. I believe there is also a 2-pack you can get that comes at a slightly discounted price if you want to do it with, say, a partner or friend or something.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'm not sure, but I think I'm A-

·
Registered
Check Signature. 100 characters is just awful.
6,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am currently studying blood types independently. However I do not have a clue of what mine is because I have not checked it yet.

·
Registered
ISTJ - 8w7 sx/so - 846 Tritype
2,504 Posts
Last time I asked the doctor if I can take a blood test to see my blood type, she responded with "You are not pregenant woman, so that is not necessary." I said "I only just want to know my blood type for the sake of curiosity..." she again responded "We dont do blood tests for nothing" :rolleyes:

How I'm supposed to know my blood type then :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
A+ (found out in a physiology lab for physiology course)
Most likely AO not AA because my mom is O and my father AB-

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
You can either be a:
O+
O-
A+
A-
B+
B-
AB+
AB-

If you are unsure about what your blood type is I have provided an extra option for you.

If you want to know what your blood type is you can visit your GP.

Blood tests can be taken by pricking your veins. Your doctors then test to see what your blood type is.

Make sure you think about it first before you take the test. I can assure you it is not that scary.

Remember that losing blood due to not knowing your blood type has more problems than knowing your blood type. So would you take the risk to see.

Feel free to take this poll. If you want to tell us your blood type you can do. But I will keep this poll anonymous just encase for those who wish to not share their results.

My blood type is AB+. Which makes me feel lucky because if I lose blood I can receive blood from anyone. Also there is only less of us out there in the world.

But I guess if you have a Spanish blood you are likely to have AB. That is just my theory wondering if regions have anything to do with blood types.
Could you explain why Spanish? My father has AB- blood group. It is rare anywhere.

·
Registered
INFP
2,055 Posts
I am O positive. :happy:

However, to be able to donate to all blood types I would have to actually be O negative. :unsure:

That means I can only donate to 'positive' people. :laughing:

heh heh heh :kitteh:

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Yeah, I like actually don't know my own blood type and it's kinda a problem :laughing:
It's gotta be somewhere in my medical records so I should probably check on that sometime

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
A⁻

I wouldn't have expected to see so many O's that's great news :dracula:
Likely, the graph will demonstrate a similar representation of the general population.

No correlation to MBTI.

I know 3 blood type B brothers, and they are all different.- INTJ, ISTP, ISFP.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Likely, the graph will demonstrate a similar representation of the general population.

No correlation to MBTI.

I know 3 blood type B brothers, and they are all different.- INTJ, ISTP, ISFP.
Indeed, there's no correlation, same with astrological signs, I tried once on a 100ish persons sample and got worse than no, a negative correlation coz my friends tend to be certain types. I wouldn't have thought there were that many O in the general population either, I thought it was mainly A and B, we learn stuff everyday.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts