Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine - I want a more independent and much simpler life, free from all the drama that used to chain me.

That's all. Just a simpler life. Is that too hard to ask for? Haha

*In the mood to shut out the world for a while*

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
To be financially independent and "retired." I'm still about 15-20 years away.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Aren't you already financially independent?
To me, financially independent means not needing a company to pay you in order to survive. Right now I'm dependent on my day job in order to pay mortgages, bills, eat, etc.

Basically, everyone makes money from 4 Quadrants: E, S, B, I

Employment, Self Employment, Business, Investment

Eventually everyone moves from paying for necessities from the E, S or B quadrants to the I quadrant (social security, 401K, investments, etc.). Throughout our working career, many people choose to move their money from E to I in order to use it when were old and "retired" so they don't end up in retirement homes at the charity of their kids. Other people don't bother waiting until they get old first to move into the I quadrant.

I don't want to be beholden to some company that can say, we don't need you anymore and then be worried about how I'm going to support my family if I can find another job in the E Quadrant.

·
Registered
216 Posts
To feel strong connections with those that I meet. Unfortunately, those take years to build sometimes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I guess my greatest desire would be the girl who I have a crush on, to feel the same way about me as I do about her. But beyond that I would probably want to a well respected high ranking leader in the government since I'm tired of seeing the corrupt, greedy, and insane lead us down the wrong path and lead us all into more suffering.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
to find my ultimate purpose of my existence and pursuing it with all my soul.

·
Registered
717 Posts
To be strong enough to be vulnerable
To be okay with being flawed
To misstep and catch my footing

·
Registered
231 Posts
My biggest desire is to stop procrastinating and daydreaming about a life I desire and start taking the action to make these daydreams come true. Just because it exists in my head, doesn't make it my reality. I want to touch it with my hands and see it with my eyes. It seems to be easier said than done though.

I desire my passion to rise above, and fuel my actions. If that happened, then there would be some magic in my life!

Reactions: Ceruleanesque

·
Registered
276 Posts
To stumble upon the one thing that makes my heart sing - something that I can put my whole being into doing, and love life because of it. Something that could let me bring wonder and magic back into my life.
Finding someone to mutually love is also a huge thing right now.

Reactions: Azura Nova

·
Registered
10 Posts
To reconcile a friendship that I ended two years ago because of my own insecurity. Left her a message yesterday, just have to wait and hope she replies now :unsure:

·
Registered
46 Posts
My most pressing desire is to change my current circumstance. To stop being paralysed by all the "But, what if's" of the naysayers and start living my own life rather than existing as an echo of others. Otherwise I fear for the person I'll become.

New start begins next week: my cat, a suitcase and the books that I absolutely can't leave behind shall head off to a new place, to chase down some old dreams.

My diem is about to be well and truley carped :tongue:

(also I have a sudden desire for a sandwich ... hmmm - chorizo and cheese, methinks)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts