Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're anything like me you either go into phases or temporary obsessions. It can be trying to figure out what color to paint your walls, a new video game, type of music, maybe a crush at school/work that you just can't seem to get your mind off of, or just a general topic you've been reading a lot into ie: Enneagrams.

So what are some of your current "flavor of the month" interest(s)?

As for me...

Started watching The Simpsons again after who knows how long.

Lentils! Trying to incorporate high fibre + protein into more of my meals.

I was reading the other day about pesticides and dwindling honey bee populations. Saw this invention that got me curious about bee keeping of all things. It's a specifically designed hive so you basically turn a tap and honey starts pouring out. Startup costs are like $300-$600 though.

Game: Heroes of the Storm (basically League of Legends with Blizzard characters).

Also considering a DIY project with the lady, something like custom building our computer desks, although I'm debating an obstacle course.

How about you?

·
Registered
417 Posts
If you're anything like me you either go into phases or temporary obsessions.
What? Psh. Never. That's totally not YES I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND.

Right now... the music of Hellyeah and Korn (been on repeat and repeat and repeat for weeks); writing poetry that has the rhythm of rap (shared some at my writers group last night); hating my job and my inability to resist the anger that comes with it (-rips telephone off the desk and writes more poetry-)

I've gone through that with TV shows, pieces of clothing, colors, topics of research, friends, specific actors or actresses, phrases, forms of eye makeup, books, drinking, cigarettes, types of coffee, video games, self-harm, types of traditional art, rocks and minerals, extreme organization, coding, excessive routines, tattoos, thought patterns... you name it...

Christ, I'm so fucked up.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Also, I just went to a mini seminar on bee keeping and it was the coolest shit ever. I totally want some bees. Honey bees, that is...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Transitioning from hermitism indoors over to solitude outside in the park (except today - - sleet and slush until Noon).

My best friends are graduating off their daughter later this week (and I have neither an invite to the graduation or to the party on Saturday). I'm trying to distract myself from that by any means available. Laundry is a good start.

Heading for storage to go get the other several boxes of old 45s (so I can have them all in one place).

I'm long overdue to drive to my Dad's old stomping grounds to get a pizza, walk by the lake, and just get more than just 2.4 miles from here for a change. Hopefully it will involve neither sleet nor several deer leaping onto the road in front of me.

I am also eyeing up the slow cooker on the counter to make a batch of either short ribs or some soup. :happy:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Flash tattoos!

Long hair Back Beauty Surfer hair Hairstyle

Temporary tattoo Tattoo Arm Shoulder Joint

Perfect for someone like me who likes the look of tattoos but is too hesitant to get a permanent one. Of course, some of these are really flashy and aren't really for work/every day, so I reserve them for parties, laid-back events, or trips to the beach.

I've also really been into green smoothies. There's this place called Jugo Juice, and I'm hooked on their Mighty Kale smoothie, which is spinach, kale, pineapples, mangos, and I think apples. They're really pricy (around $7) so I try to make my own every morning.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hubs & I found out about the beehive invention a few months ago. So cool!

I'm pretty busy right now, which doesn't allow enough time to properly entertain my dream world :(, but here's a few recent obsessions:

World of Warcraft (especially PvP battlegrounds)
Rare & Strange animals & creatures (ie axolotl & tardigrades)
Trying to make funny Kenny Rogers memes
Fitness
Folklore & myths

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I'm playing the Mass Effect series through. Awesome story, although sort of losing its edge for me now that I've figured out how the general storyline will be.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
This is my current problem: I have no interest of the moment; nothing to focus my energy and drive. Every time this happened, I'd go overboard shopping. Like now, in 3 weeks I've charged over $1000 buying clothing items and stuff for home. I know what I NEED to do but I have yet started doing it (getting back into hiking shape). Instead, I waste time shopping as a delay tactic. I have the means to shop but it doesn't make it right though......

·
Registered
727 Posts
These month I do lot of researches on extrecising. It's horrible how much time there is to spend to just find out few little things. Like on one web page I read that if you wanna make particular muscle grow properly you need to have several different extrecises types, ("hit" the muscle from different sides) but on other web page people say you cant muscle grow improperly and soo on. I can do 32 pushups at once so weeeeeee! XD
Damn extrecising and Se XD

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Lol, the only thing my therapist really has suspected me for, was being Asperger, espesially on the area of having specieal/intense interests i believe.. I however did not fit that exactly. Too many different interests and such.
But yes, i certainly know this.

Some things are short lived, others more intense.

Right now?.. Well, for the past years or so, i have felt that i have run out of things, exhausted all possibilities.

Past examples..
Id be very into Rock tumbling (rock polishing), I built an machine and everything, read everything on the net, but gave it up.
I read one book about something phycology related, and i apperently had to buy a 100 books, read articles, print articles, read forums, etc.
Bought an car for nothing, and spent 12 times what it cost rebuilding it for two years, reading every article, forum, etc.
Which then also fostered massive fiberglass projects, spoilers, side panels, hood, etc.

A week ago I sorted all my lego and my brothers lego, then built everything i had plans for. Took an entire weekend from morning to night. (was so that i could keep what was mine.. distribute it equally).

For the past 2 years i have been buying outdoor hiking/backpacking gear.. 3 backpacks, etc etc.. Read many articles, reviews etc. Tested burn time on stoves, etc.
Just still need to take a serious trip. Mention a product name and i will by perhaps 90% certainty know what it is.
... Which then fostered that i had to look into sewing again, how to make my own tent, etc.
Then read articles and reviews on sewing machines, researched materials, etc.

My photography interest flared again a few weeks ago, new lens.. Read articles again, saw youtube videos.
Went out shooting again.

... Metal detecting.. Read ariticles, reviews etc.. Look up how to make my own coils and detector units..

Ugh.. Sometimes it gets a little too much. And perhaps unhealthly at times in my case, since i keep on with these activities, while going in circles around what kinda really needs to be done.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,574 Posts
-I guess current (but something that has kind of always been long term) is understanding dreams and visions. Just been reviewing old information on the subject (through a Christian lens). I believe that God often uses dreams to speak to us so it's important that I pay attention to them. I do record the ones I think are important. It's always so much fun trying to decipher the different symbols and develop my own dream vocabulary.

-Beyond that, compiling a list of restaurants I think I will like in the area (with the help of yelp).

-Swimming

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I am a little hooked on Gunshi Kanbe. I'm watching at least one episode a night. I needed another historical drama after I finished Ryoma Den. Kanbe started off a little wobbly and I almost dropped it, but I think the directing changed. After a few episodes it became really good. And I get to know more about Oda Nobunaga and Hideyoshi. Gee, I really like Hideyoshi, Hanbe and Kanbe in this. Ieyasu has barely been mentioned, but I do know he ultimately wins. What will happen to Hideyoshi and Kanbe? :sad: I'm not going to look up any historical facts until it's over.

And I'll probably be hooked on the Witcher 3 whenever it comes in the post.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
1. Survival. After the earthquake in Nepal, which I was in, and due to the fact that I will be returning around the 10th of June, I have been buying up items for a go-bag. I am also taking a first aid/CPR course tomorrow, trying to learn as much as possible in a short amount of time. Not concerned with my own survival, but with making myself as useful as possible. I hope to help in some fashion when I return, and to be prepared in the event of any further incidents, now or in the future.

2. Small crush on someone (too old for crushes). Still...kinda nice.

3. Tying to maintain my newfound positive attitude in the face of petty, negative, self-concerned attitudes around me. I will win. Was around some positive people today, with whom I was in the earthquake, so that helped.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My interest in distance running is rapidly fizzling out after completing a marathon and being obsessed with all things running for 2 years.

I feel a couple of new obsessions stirring....

Volunteering at some crisis center so I can connect with others more. Feel that I'm missing this in my everyday job in a lab.

Also, cosmetic surgery....very un-INFJ-like but I have been feeling kinda down about my body after major weight loss and I would like to feel good again.

I've been creating a breath-taking garden this past weekend ( a work in progress over several years) so excited for it to bloom!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I recently had a week devoted to Game of Thrones absorption . That was really nice. Also, recently, daily analog journaling - I grew a habit of drawing myself which I think will stick with me for a long time. Had a phase for foreign filmmakers filmographies (Godard, Wong Kar Wai) earlier this month. Self-studying for my fictional stories is constantly on my mind more than anything else. :dancer: Curious to see if these interests indicate a pattern worth investigating.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts