Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an INTP, interest in new areas (or a renewal of older interests) tends to happen often. Sometimes this interest becomes obsession (be it for a short or lengthy time).

1. What are you currently obsessed by, and why (if that's of interest to you)?
  2. Perhaps you have an absence of obsession. If so, is that a strange occurrence for you?
  3. What's likely to turn something from an interest into an obsession for you?

An obsession could be anything, from a line of reasoning, through to an object, goal or subject field.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am currently obsessed with melted cheese. It's the provider of weird dreams and quick, easy calories.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
  2. Perhaps you have an absence of obsession. If so, is that a strange occurrence for you?
Lately I have an unreasonable obsession with Tom Milsom. It's probably an unhealthy obsession. He's one of the most interesting and wonderful human beings I've ever known (of) and all the people I currently know are either extremely annoying or... I just don't see them very often.
I think the reason for this obsession is that I am totally and utterly dissatisfied with all of my current relationships that I have in real life, so therefore I latch onto people who are on the internet. It's quite pathetic, I think. I hate getting obsessed with people. I wish I could go back to being obsessed with random things, but I just...don't know how to.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
729 Posts
*Watching kpop videos on youtube & kdramas online (3+ years, more like a lifestyle, actually)
*Reading the Legend of Drizzt Series and daydreaming about finally meeting R.A. Salvatore and having a conversation with him.
*Playing my DS

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Nice topic, Ista.

What are you currently obsessed by, and why (if that's of interest to you)?
Currently, my main obsession is with my crush, though I berate myself for it. This might include reading about things he likes or watching shows he has recommended.

Perhaps you have an absence of obsession. If so, is that a strange occurrence for you?
For me, an absence of an obsession means I'm stuck in a rut, and consequently, that's when I get depressed.

What's likely to turn something from an interest into an obsession for you?
Usually if it has personal significance or is just damned intriguing.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Nice topic, Ista.

What are you currently obsessed by, and why (if that's of interest to you)?
My current main obsession is with my crush, though I berate myself for it. This might include reading about things he likes, or watching shows he has recommended.
I do this too, and I feel like a total stalker doing it.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Love the ignore function here.

And adding youthful eleven year olds who post consistently disgusting threads to my ignore list.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm forever obsessed with good books and music, but I do have periodic obsessions. Right now,it's thinking how healthy the food I eat it, how much I've increased the capacity of my lungs and so on.. And I feel so bad if I spend ''a lazy day''.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm obsessed with Sherlock Holmes. After I finished watching the BBC Sherlock, I have a big urge to read the Sherlock Holmes books. I planned to read them before, but it was only "a plan". I want to run to the bookstore and buy the Complete Sherlock Holmes book but I don't have enough money.

I used to think it doesn't matter if the world ended in 2012, but now it matters. I want to live to watch series 3 of BBC Sherlock, which is said to start production in 2013.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I have an odd obsession with new age things and ideas. I'm a collector of crystals, pendulums, oracle cards, tarot cards, you name it!

Do I believe they work? Not really. Sometimes my experiments with them yield meaningless results, other times I'm astouded by what I get. So if anyone here wants some type of reading (i ching, tarot, etc) I can hook you up ;)

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Lunar surface anomalies

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
boars head savory remoulade cajun style mayonnaise. my friend had it one a sandwich we shared the other week and ive been putting it on everything i eat ever since.

Ive also returned to my blade runner obsession after a year hiatus, been watching it at least once a day for the past 2 weeks.

Lunar surface anomalies
geographic? or the ones where they claim to see little balls of light traveling on the moon?

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
boars head savory remoulade cajun style mayonnaise. my friend had it one a sandwich we shared the other week and ive been putting it on everything i eat ever since.

Ive also returned to my blade runner obsession after a year hiatus, been watching it at least once a day for the past 2 weeks.

geographic? or the ones where they claim to see little balls of light traveling on the moon?
Both, more.. here is one vid that kept me up all night. Some of its a little ehhh.. but a lot of its pretty damn compelling imo:

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
I'm obsessed with Sherlock Holmes. After I finished watching the BBC Sherlock, I have a big urge to read the Sherlock Holmes books. I planned to read them before, but it was only "a plan". I want to run to the bookstore and buy the Complete Sherlock Holmes book but I don't have enough money.

I used to think it doesn't matter if the world ended in 2012, but now it matters. I want to live to watch series 3 of BBC Sherlock, which is said to start production in 2013.
When is season 2 playing in the U.S.? Don't tell me I missed it...

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
1) Right now my current obsession is seperating simple human nature from typology systems and finding what has a high correlation rate and what doesn't.

1) Another obsession of mine that has dwindled a little bit is lightning! It's just so friggin awesome.

3) Time mostly, psychology is one of those things that takes up a little more time than a simple math problem to figure out in it's entirety. Incidentally, since finding typology my grades have suffered... I spend too much time doing research lol.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Currently obsessed with finishing a "1001 Books you must read before you die" list, but I fear it will take awhile and I'll lose interest. It's already tapering off into a "Im repainting/redecorating my room" phase at the moment.

Reading these makes me laugh at how many "obsessions" Ive shared with others, including a healthy eating phase and a Kpop phase.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have an absence of obsession right now, and it is really weird. My last one was economics, and before that it was music theory. For the last week or so I've just been focusing on guitar, but that's not anything out of ordinary for me. It feels weird not to have something to think about all day at school :/

Reactions: Ike
1 - 20 of 68 Posts