Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a 5w4 with a 514 tritype. Dark side hmm. Interesting question but I'm not entirely sure about the idea that every enneagram has a different/distinct "dark side". I kind of just assume everyone has a dark side and maybe certain personalities explore that to different degrees. Greed, envy, apathy, and arrogance are a few weaknesses that come to mind. Im very self preserving (entirely situational of course) but I tend to find a way around being an open book, while coming off as very friendly and open. Perhaps it's out of selfishness and secrecy or maybe I'm just unloading the weirdness one step at a time...for easy digestion, I'm not sure. I definitely think I'm power hungry and always want to be in a position where I know more than I lead on. I take pride in people wondering about me or finding me strange. I have also a 1w2 as one of my enneagrams, and try to make ethical decisions when I can. I hate hurting others or stepping on others, partly because I've convinced myself that I have the power to hurt people worse than they can hurt me. Is that a dark side? That's probably arrogance. Which, I've been told I can be a real asshole sometimes (unintentionally). I could write for days but I'll just end it here.

·
Registered
ISTP 5w6
3,180 Posts
I have had really morbid thoughts for multiple years and still sometimes have. I guess you can call that a dark side?

I have a great interest in serial killers and the psychology and background.
I sometimes watch gore. You know, those disturbing sites.
I keep most of this to myself as I dislike conflict at the same time. I can snap, but I think that takes alot of effort, or a REALLY bad day.

I guess you could call it morbid curiosity.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,350 Posts
Dunno, it's too dark to see. 😋

Actually, I'm a 584. I'm WELL acquainted with my darkness. I know my shadow so I can see my light. Do you have specific questions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts