Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested to know if MBTI type and fears had any correlation, I think the results would be really interesting! So if you would please answer the following:
What is your MBTI type?
What would you consider your deepest rooted fear?
Which of your fears effect your day to day life the most?
Would you say you have more or less fears than the average person?
Are you sometimes embarrassed or ashamed of your fears/

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
What is your MBTI type?

ESTP

Trapped/loss of freedom/vulnerable. It's all sort of one packaged fear.

Not enough time/missing out. I always feel like I have to jam as many things as possible into every day.
Failing people who depend on me. I avoid making commitments because then it's another person depending on me.

I have more fears than the average person. But to be fair, I think I face my fears more than the average person.

Are you sometimes embarrassed or ashamed of your fears?

Sometimes? Understatement. I admit it on here but you wouldn't find me whispering a word of this in real life. I don't offer people my throat.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I was interested to know if MBTI type and fears had any correlation, I think the results would be really interesting! So if you would please answer the following:
What is your MBTI type?
INTP
Being abandoned or deemed worthless by others.
Social interaction, bees, failure, being alone outside in the dark.
Average, I think.
Yes, but only in the moment of the fear.

I believe type does correlate. My deepest fear is most likely inferior Fe, while @monemi gave a very Se dominant answer.

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
What is your MBTI type?
ENFJ

Losing everyone and being lonely :(

The fear of people being mean to me. I have a hard time starting conversations because I'm afraid people will be mean to me, even though I so desperately need social interaction.

Much more. I worry about everything, I fear everything. I just see the worst possible things ever happening and it scares me.

Yes, because there are so many of them and so many of them are so silly. They're still terrible though :(

Reactions: Quernus

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
What is your MBTI type?
INFJ.

Getting lost in my head and not knowing what is reality anymore, or worse, getting lost in reality. Also, end up alone.

It affects me because living so much inside my head makes me realize that I don't live in the present, so when sudenly I realize about my surrendings, I feel lost, so I have to come back again to the head because everything is better in there. Also, when I am here I can feel how lonely I am.

I don't consider a person who feels fear all the time, to be honest.

Are you sometimes embarrassed or ashamed of your fears.
All the time. Because my fears are not what people call "normal", from them I have mental problems, so, basically if they ask for my fears I just say "anything".

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
What is your MBTI type?
INTJ

Claustrophobia

Exposing my inner-self to people who will abuse the knowledge. And the fear of failure and becoming dependent.

Average fears.

Sure.

·
Registered
351 Posts
What is your MBTI type? INFP
What would you consider your deepest rooted fear?That one day, everyone will just give up on me.
Which of your fears effect your day to day life the most?I suppose the fear of being looked down on or laughed at; this makes it nearly impossible for me to say what I want :x
Would you say you have more or less fears than the average person?How many fears does the "average" person have o_O
Are you sometimes embarrassed or ashamed of your fears?I am most embarrassed of my scoleciphobia. I mean, an extreme fear of worms? How sad is that.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
What is your MBTI type?
INTJ.

I am not quite sure and I have introspected a lot about this the past months. It seems to be a fear of abandonment, of losing all I find important and value, have it all taken away from me without having a sense of control why it happens or ability to affect the outcome.

Given the existential nature of my fear, it affects me in every possible way every day. It shapes me into I am and is a very core part of what I am.

Probably average or less. I am not a very fearful person in the general sense of the word anyway.

I have a hard time understanding how one can be embarrassed or ashamed over existential issues, unless one sees such existential suffering as shameful or embarrassing in itself, which I don't. If anything, it makes me utterly human, perhaps more so than any person who has never truly suffered any great depression in their lives.

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
What is your MBTI type?
ESTP
Losing people I care about, being vulnerable
Being vulnerable, I guess. I don't like to display very personal stuff because I don't like to be seen as vulnerable.
Average, I think.
Everybody has fears, albeit different for each person. I don't have a problem with me having my own fears.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Ummm...extended torture, maybe? Extended torture of a loved one? It's not really something I worry about, though, so maybe not a fear...just the worse thing I could think of...

·
Registered
2,610 Posts

What is your MBTI type?
INFP

What would you consider your deepest rooted fear? Meaninglessness.

Hmmm. Fear of exposure and/or theft and/or vandalism (not of personal belongings, but of things within me), fear of being helpless to myself, and probably fear of rejection (ties in with these others).

Fewer, in the general sense of the word "fear". I'm afraid of very, very little that is tangible.

One of my proudest moments: When someone (whom I greatly looked up to) said, while introducing me to someone else, "Spectralsparrow's not afraid of anything". I don't remember much context, but I was between ages 11-16, as I was volunteering at the same place I did every summer back then.

Of course, it's not true that I'm scared of nothing. But, I realized there wasn't anything I'd be unwilling to try to conquer, if it meant enough to me.

That said, the fears I do have may run more deeply than they run for the average person.

Not really. I'm a lot more ashamed of my cowardice, than of my fears. Like, yeah, I'm ashamed that my fears have held me back as much as they have.

Also, it's more like... I am not so much ashamed of my fear of exposure, as I am ashamed to have anything to be afraid of exposing. Like I'm just always waiting for something to happen to prove that yes, there's something wrong with me. Lol.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

What is your MBTI type?

INTP

Losing my Self. Brain damage, not being able to find joy in the things I always can. Being unable to do what I'm good at, losing my slightly idealist streak, not being brave enough to do something truly awesome...all of it.

Sometimes that one above. Other times it's the anxiety I have around the opposite sex but I've at least gotten to the point where I can talk to them. XD

I would not know. I haven't studied the average person's fears in depth. XD

All the damn time.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
What is your MBTI type?

INTP

My deepest fear at this point in my life is not having anymore children, not having what I deem a complete family. I can see myself taking care of my grandchildren someday. I feel a sense of loss at the mere thought of these things not happening. The root of all this is the realization my time is running out for having more children (I already have one son), and my ultimate fear of being alone (and to some extent, not being needed).

The above statement affects me on a day to day basis now. The feeling that I need to have a family soon is getting stronger and stronger. This is driving my decision to go for a more immediate and practical career to accommodate my having a family.

I don't know about that...

No, I'm not. I think my fears are probably the norm for many.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What is your MBTI type?
INFJ

I would have to say dying before I have a chance to do any good in this world. I'm not afraid of death, but I am worried that I may be squandering my life, living idly by while people with actual, real problems are suffering. I desperately want to do something to improve the lives of poorest and most desperate, but I haven't yet and fear I never will.

The fear of people. Sometimes when i'm trying to sleep I will think about the ridiculous cruelty humans inflict upon each other, and it makes me afraid to be alive, knowing that the extreme suffering others have experienced could happen to me.

Average amount of fear, but my fears are probably a little different than that of the average person.
No. There is no reason to be ashamed of your fears, but it is important to understand them.

·
Wielding the mafia banhammer
1,514 Posts
What is your MBTI type?
INTJ

The unknown. Being used, being controlled, being helpless.

I loathe uncertainty. That's the one that's most likely to cause physical stress reactions.

Dunno. Seems about average to me, but I don't know what's going on in other people's heads.

Yes. I try to fight them, and I sure as hell don't admit any of this to the people I know IRL, save the handful I trust.

·
Registered
173 Posts
What is your MBTI type: ENFP
Biggest fear: ending up in a small, dark place by myself with absolutely no way out
Which of your fears affects your day to day life the most: Idk...probably the fear that I'll end up unfulfilled in life, aka a housewife or doing office work for the rest of my life
More...
Are your ashamed of your fears?
I guess not because I'm not afraid to tell people I used to be afraid of bubbles...

·
Banned
529 Posts
IN*J

What is your MBTI type?
IN*J

I have a few which it is hard to decide between:
Dying young
Falling in love and being rejected/cheated on by that person
Not having control of my own life/destiny (basically, uncertainty)

The last one, because it affects my work. I'm terrified of failure, that I'm going to end up doing nothing and I feel powerless and without purpose a lot of the time which makes it hard to motivate myself.

I'm not sure. Probably around the same.

Yes, as I feel crippled by them, sometimes...

1 - 20 of 90 Posts