Personality Cafe banner

What is your "dream girl/guy" like?

[INFP] 
24K views 140 replies 110 participants last post by  tinyheart 
#1 ·
Mine is a guy like Jack White.. Somebody with their shit together. I'm really attracted to confident, creative men .. probably because I'm not very confident myself. Somebody who would take charge.. because I hate making the decisions.

I also like people with their own lives..
guys that don't have to be around every second.
And somebody who shakes things up a bit.
Someone who will tell me when I'm wrong..

what's yours like?

#3 ·
After giving this only about 2.31 seconds of thought (I'm sorry, it's late), my favourite woman would look something like Zooey Deschanel, but with the personality of Bob Ross.

"Let's give that tree a little friend" <3

Nah it's difficult to say, I don't think I have a certain "ideal profile", I think I could fall in love with a whole range of vastly different people with different personalities, looks etc...

#5 ·
Well, it depends if you're talking about loving or lusting...

If you're talking about love, then

Nah it's difficult to say, I don't think I have a certain "ideal profile", I think I could fall in love with a whole range of vastly different people with different personalities, looks etc...
This. I'd be most compatible with an ENTP, though. Maybe someone like the ENFP I know. Someone who is confident with his place in the world, yet thoughtful and intelligent. Someone not afraid to challenge my ideas. Someone who is sincere and not afraid to be deep. Someone who I'd easily connect with and who would understand me, but be honest with me when necessary.

#7 ·
  • An artsy girl. The natural kind.
  • Soft spoken, but confident.
  • Laid back, like me.
  • Affectionate.
  • Knows how to express love well.
  • Likes to sing, and is good at it.
  • Adventurous.
  • Feminine. Likes to wear dresses.
  • Petite.
  • Classy.
  • Likes to dress up and go for a classy night on the town.
  • Indie fashion sense.
  • Can be silly and/or witty.
  • High value of love.
  • Will be a good mother.

I think that's everything.

#12 ·
  • An artsy girl. The natural kind.
  • Soft spoken, but confident.
  • Laid back, like me.
  • Affectionate.
  • Knows how to express love well.
  • Likes to sing, and is good at it.
  • Adventurous.
  • Feminine. Likes to wear dresses.
  • Petite.
  • Classy.
  • Likes to dress up and go for a classy night on the town.
  • Indie fashion sense.
  • Can be silly and/or witty.
  • High value of love.
  • Will be a good mother.

I think that's everything.
:laughing:I fit 2 of your many criteria, wanna get married? :wink:

#10 ·
I have no idea.

Every time I think I have my type down, I find some else who doesn't fit the pattern. The best guess I can give is funny, intelligent, and probably a guy with blue eyes and black/dark hair (although, again, that's definitely not set in stone).

Reactions: under skies
#11 ·
I'm really not sure. Nobody out there is really Perfect you know?
I guess there's qualities I'd like to have in a man.

-Appreciation of art.
-Open-minded
-Passionate especially about Music.
-Kind.
-Not afraid to take risks.
-Not afraid to act silly with me.
-Good with kids.This is a MAJOR plus for me.
-Good with animals.
-The type of person that will drive and get lost with me.

#15 ·
More talented than me... Sees right through me at a first glance... but isn't smug or arrogant about it. Good-natured. Funny. Kind, you know. Responsible, trust-worthy. Empathetic and sympathetic. Someone with the potential to rule/save the world. A painter, an actress, or some kind of artist. An unstoppable force, magnificent to behold. An equal partner in every aspect of life, exploring this world beside me, both of us just supporting and appreciating each other.

#86 ·
More talented than me... Sees right through me at a first glance... but isn't smug or arrogant about it. Good-natured. Funny. Kind, you know. Responsible, trust-worthy. Empathetic and sympathetic. Someone with the potential to rule/save the world. A painter, an actress, or some kind of artist. An unstoppable force, magnificent to behold. An equal partner in every aspect of life, exploring this world beside me, both of us just supporting and appreciating each other.
I've always wondered about this so-called skill that INFPs are said to have--reading people. How could they, for instance, know me, when I don't even know myself? What is the basis for this so-called knowledge? How can it be proven? How can you be sure you're not mistaken? Thank you. :)

#22 ·
I prefer girls that are quite tall, since I am myself. I have dated short girls in the past and it is just akward. I suppose I like girls that is similar to me; funny, caring, similar taste in music, skinny/tall (now I can't stop thinking about netball players!), athletic.. That's all I can think of for now!

#23 ·
Just pulled out my IRL journal to answer this question; here is an excerpt from 6.25.2008:

"I'm still in a rut, but I'm drawing a lot. I feel weird. I need a change, a place where I can savor the feeling of possibilities.
I'm bummed about relationships. There are a few people with qualities I really like, but none that captivate me. I don't like wasting my time. I want to be with someone who makes me feel like it's 100% okay to be completely myself. I'm waiting for "it," that feeling where everything falls into place.

I want someone who is: smart, funny, free-spirited, and comfortable in their own skin. Someone who relishes absurdity and creativity; someone who is driven, but not obsessive (I have to be the obsessive one). Someone who works hard, but knows when to say 'fuck it.' Someone philosophical and introspective; someone who appreciates the power of stories. Someone who will share my enthusiasm, and will share their enthusiasm with me. Someone who will buy me a ring from a quarter machine, pick me dandelion bouquets, and send me on treasure hunts - knowing I will do the same for them. Someone who makes me want to be a better person, without making me feel inadequate."

I think most of that is still very true, and I think it's worth noting that it's also a very accurate description of the kind of person I want to be.

#24 ·
I like outgoing, deep, flirty, enthusiastic girls. I don't like that I like flirty girls but hey.... that'sss what I like. In the looks department I like to keep an open mind.

I love eyes that connect..... where you can speak to someone without saying anything.

MBTI wise? I love girls that have developed Fe. Prolly the most consistent predictor in who I find attractive is who has Fe. I also like N girls...... S girls tend to be attractive from a distance.... even then not so much. No offense.

Reactions: SenhorFrio
#25 ·
I have a dream woman, if you are asking me to close my eyes and imagine the girl of my dreams... I'm a bit hesitant to post about it though, as I don't like the idea of someone thinking its realistic, or some sort of standard. I suppose she may fall under an extreme ideal? Anyways... there is also the lack of my ability to fully describe... I'll give it a shot though.

She has long brown, strait, hair with bangs. Her hair flows down to her lower back. She is about 171 cm tall and appears to be about average built. She is light in complexion with a small amount of freckles around her nose/cheek region. She is a B or C cup... I honestly don't know those sort of sizes. Her face isn't angular, but a little bit on the oval side. Nose is medium in size and doesn't have flaring nostrils. Her smile isn't overly large, but has a gentile, subtle look to it. Her eye color isn't clearly defined, but isn't black, yellow (solid), or red. She doesn't have broad shoulders. Her body is fairly proportional. She does not do any recreational drugs of any kind. She doesn't swear much either.

She is a very pleasant person. She is very kind to those that are deserving, and will confront those who seem to be out to do harm, especially to her loved ones. In this regard, she seems to almost have a split personality, kind and gentle, until threatened... then she becomes strong and confronting. She seems to be somewhat of a duty fulfiller, but not necessarily 100% by the book, down the checklist sort of person. Perhaps, only mildly, or subtlety so. She is a very trusting and loyal person. She is someone you can share your secrets with, be your self around, and can trust your back too. She is somewhat athletic, as to the extent that she can protect herself in a fight, but not overly athletic, to draw away from her feminine charm. Outside of her work, her clothing is light and loose fitting. It is a bit on the conservative side by todays standards. Light colors such as pastels and whites are common, though usually contain a single darker color in the outfit, to draw attention. For the uhmm..(I call it makeup category because IDK what to call it) all I can tell is she wears some lip balm and sometimes gloss. Probably some light makeup, but not overly done, and natural colors. She wears a silver locket, and sometimes white, dangling earrings that remind me of small feathers. She is silly/geeky in demeanor, but she isn't overly geeky when it comes to hobbies. We do not share many of the same hobbies, but are often indifferent/tolerant of the the ones we do not share. She is a bit more argumentative than me, and quick to point out when I am doing something wrong (like bad... not incorrectly) She is a tad bit more social than me, but never seems to be into the big crowd. She likes small groups of friends, from what I can tell. She has a desire to do good in the world, but not in an adventurous way. Instead of setting out to fix the worlds problems, she would be more apt to try to fix all the problems she finds while doing her daily things. She likes to cuddle, and isn't against holding hands, or the occasional kiss on the cheek in public. However, full blown make-out scenes outside the home, are generally not allowed. She doesn't appear to be too great at cooking, but is fairly good at keeping things somewhat neat around the home. She definitely wants to be a mother, however seems to want the timing to be right. Her favorite food is some sort of fresh fruit, and she almost never eats overly greasy foods. I believe this is more due to taste, and the way it makes you feel, opposed to health reasons. She isn't a fan of douche'bags, a$$ holes, dicks, etc. She has an interest, albeit not as strong as mine, in the mystical world. She is somewhere between independent, and co-dependent. She has a vary pleasant, dignified, aura to her when out in public. She probably has a bit of charisma.

Okay, well there is most likely a whole lot more I could add... but I started to daydream when trying to think of this individual in such detail, so I am ending it here. Sorry if this offends anyone for any reason. But, this is my literal "dream girl." :blushed:

#26 ·
I'm pretty sure that if my dream guy/girl exists, than they wouldn't go for someone like me. That's not to say I don't have confidance and like myself, I'm just thinking realisticaly. I've never met anyone close to this, before. I'm going to refer to this person as "him", though technically I would absolutely fall head over heals for a girl just as soon as I would a guy. Now that I've mentioned that, I'm going to first give a basic, then copy SarahPalindrome and use my real life journal.

I would go for an artistic, creative, intelligent, patient gentleman in a heart beat. He would have to help me while still letting me have my independance and care about me just as much as I care about him. The person in the closest I've ever had to a relationship and my only other boyfriend didn't really like me that way, so I have a complex on that. He would need to be able to talk about anything for hours and have his own opinions and interests as well as share mine. And if he did things like serinade me and ask me to read to him my heart would melt! Nice guys absolutely finish first with me.

Now for my journal. I don't know exactly how long this will be. Feel free to stop reading any time. I tend to rant. This was right after my ex broke up with me and I was trying to figure out why exactly I liked him in the first place.

"I saw just enough of myself in him to feel a connection - and such a strong connection it was, or was there really any connection at all? - and the rest was uncharted territory, and anyone who knows me knows what an adventurer I am, I cannot resist a mysterious forest, so dark and forboding, expecially when everyone else is simply a medow of flowers, fun to frolic in ocasionally, but they can only hold my attention for so long before I wonder away in search of something new. I am very flaky and fickle ....."

A whole bunch of stuff about feeling things that I can't feel with anyone else and there only being one love. Wow there's a lot of this.

"I want to be able to belive with all of my body and soul that I can fall backwords down a hundred stories with my eyes closed and trust that he will catch me and never let go, holding me with a grip so tight that I can feel safe from even the end of the world, but so gentle that I can feel his love pulsating with every beat of our synchronized hearts, but also so willing to open back up if I ever wished so I could continue to be free to go anywhere I want. But I want him to be around me enough to hold my hand and never let go, to let me fall but to help me back up, to hold me at hte endge of a cliff so I do not fall off. I want him to whisper encouraging words to me while he slowly shows me the way back to a standing position, streight and tall.

"I never want him to even think of leaving me, no matter what I say or do. i want him to understand that I don't mean the things that I say when I'm upset and that upsetting me is inevitable, and that I have so many more emotions than any other person and that it is impossible for me to controle them. I want him to want to pull them out slowly by teaching me to trust, which will take some time. I want him to have the patience to handle me in everything I am and never wish for me to change, but for him to accept me if I do, for I inevitably will as I grow, and he will grow with me, right beside me.

"In all of this he will have his arms around me, his fingers intertwined in mine. I want him to never restric me and to always indulge in my fantasy's, always watching and caring and thinking them wonderful. And thinking me astonishing and beautiful and the most brilliant thing in even his own imagination....."

More on patience and staying with me and loving me and other such... things that I'd rather stay in the journal that can be omited. This seems to be turning into what I want from a partner.

"And, if another person were to grow feelings for him, he would kindly turn them away and never speak of it again, because he would know that it would hurt me. And he would surprise me with little things here and there, like a flower on my pillow, a note, waking me with a kiss. And he would take me out to do things like dancing on special ocasions or simply whenever the mood strikes, and he would never leave me alone if I were sick or upset. If he were to see me crying he would sit next to me and wait without a word, just so that I was not crying alone, because everyone gets tired of crying alone eventually. And, if I were sick, he would take care of me, no matter how much I complaied, because he would know that I needed it."

That's it for that looong ass rant. I left so much stuff out. I wonder if I should put in the next list. This journal is mostly just things that I want in a person, concidering it's something that plagues my mind quite often. Oh, and I have this list of ways that I want to spoil this person. I wonder if most of these things are even possible. But when I'm on this forum, I don't feel like as much of a sap. Thanks, everyone, for making me feel like I'm not alone.

I'll post one more paragraph.

"Who is to say that I will not find him too perfect and grow annoyed. such a person could not hold the flawed and dark heart that obsesses me, the one that I love to explore and unravel. The one that I love to walk and search for the light in the cneter that captivates me, that I get lost looking for. Can there be such a person?"

I feel so proud of this. I wonder if anyone would read my journal if I published it.

#33 ·
Personality-wise he'd typically be quite reserved, I like a mystery. He'd have to be really deep and curious, interested in the arts. A fella that is ''in touch'' with his feelings but not necessarily sensitive. He'd have to be giving. I'd like him to have a cute charm. I like them intelligent, creative and mysterious - these are the main traits I'd be looking for

Physically I like men really skinny, I hate muscles! Dark hair, big brown eyes... I love bags underneath the eyes. Pale. Height isn't really an issue but they'd have to be a decent bit taller than me.

#35 ·
My dream person would be:
kind
confident but not arrogant
happy in their work, enjoys what they do and doesn't complain about it excessively
able to look after themselves and support me emotionally in bad times
able to make decisions, not expecting me to take the lead all the time
interested in art and music
have a quirky sense of humour, enjoy word play and laughing at the absurdity of life
a good dad, ready for doing fun stuff at the drop of a hat
a good cook so we could share who does the cooking
like to do fun adventures with me
very cuddly
probably medium height to tall with dark hair and lovely eyes
quite slimly built but a bit athletic
quite sociable but not too much! would still enjoy spending evenings in
would enjoy reading and it would be okay if sometimes we just sit cuddled up together reading
would get me and would be able to follow my trains of thought so probably N!

I like the sound of this person, they sound nice!

#37 ·
first thing that popped into my head - michael cera! oh, yeah.

uh, he has to be funny, quirky, extremely open-minded, confident, genuine, straightforward, interested in discussion, not afraid to point out flaws in me, not afraid to be silly, has a mind of his own, someone with whom i can grow together, definitely adventurous, warm, more spiritual than sensual, more of a best friend than a lover, nonclingy, not needy, not someone who says i-love-you all the time and expects the conventional relationship - sticking together, losng all autonomy, holding hands, cuddling all the time, being all gooey, sensual, romantic and sugary - NON. an intellectual equal, a soulmate. . my dream guy would appreciate my mind and companionship over my body.

someone to go hitchiking with. someone to read books with. someone who would stick around not because of the most obvious fact that he's a man and i'm a woman. i hope you get the idea.

Reactions: SilverroseAnkh
#41 ·
This is quite the impressive list of traits. I can't tell if I'm looking for something remarkably similar or if all of those things are just very agreeable. Either way, the female version of that is basically what I'm after. I think, for me, the biggest thing is respect. I realize that sounds trite but after years of not knowing this, it seems really important now. You can love someone as much as humanely possible, but a respect for who that person is matters more than anything.

I want a girl who can relate to me and even challenge me sometimes. Someone who not only gets me, but sometimes beats me at my own game, even if I'm too stubborn to admit it.

I think that's about as far as I can go before falling into the trap that Drea alluded to a few posts ago...

#39 ·
i think i'll go a little more in depth. i'd want someone i wouldn't ever have to be fake around. i want someone who i don't have to hold myself back from. to be able to express all the passionate emotions i'd feel over them and have them not think i'm obsessed or creepy, or better yet to think i'm obsessed and creepy and like it. Someone i could write poems to(and have them write me poems too)and spend hours talking to without either of us getting bored. Someone who hates all the fake extravegence of society as much as i do. someone who go on walks with me-not going anywhere just walking. Intelligence is a big one to. not someone good at math or science, but someone who can understand things. Someone who would never turn down a hug.And it'd be really nice if they loved me.

#47 ·
LOL! The people I have loved most in my life are people who fit this. There are really only three more things I would have to have in someone to make it permanant, same basic belief systems, respect and equal drive. Oh yes and it wouldn't be optional about them loving me. I'd have to know he was mad in love and I would be too, or I wouldn't be with him.:crazy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.