Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm thinking about changing careers at some point in the near future. Personally, the most important thing for me - and possibly you guys too, since you're INFJs - is that there is a passion for the job role. Which brings me on to my question!

What are you guys doing as a career and do you enjoy it? If not, what would your dream job be?

Thanks in advance! :)

9,999 Posts
I sit home alone and type. I find it an excellent start, and it pays well. Now if only I could figure out how to get paid for typing out my own words, as opposed to translating those of others... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
When I was younger, I wanted to be a filmmaker. I love European cinema in particular, and I've always felt inspired by it. Filmmaker and photographer would have been great. I don't dream about that anymore, but I guess that it still remains my ideal job.

What I'm actually going to do is get back in school at some point in the future, probably to become a therapist. At least this would be my top choice, if I was to go back to school. If not, I love to cook. Getting money out of this, one way or another, would be great.

I've been a stay-at-home mom for the past years, and right now I'm looking for some ordinary office job, that I will not enjoy.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
There are quite a few interesting videos by TEDtalks on choosing careers, just fyi. :redface: Especially on passion.

My dream job is anything as long as it's peaceful. I would like to find one with real adults.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Although I consider myself to be a decent writer, I think that actually writing a book would drive me crazy!!! I'm WAY too perfectionistic for that and have to re-read emails like 20 times before I send them lols. I want to develop a skill that society sees value in and not just anybody can do. I don't want to be easily replaceable. I find meaning in serving/helping others and it makes me feel like I'm actually DOING something... otherwise I feel disengaged.

The industry doesn't matter all that much to me, but just remember, profession precedes passion NOT the other way around. I am super passionate about animation and the human condition and beauty and idealism and so on and so forth... but make me a content creator for studio ghibli tomorrow and I will flounder. I know that my professional passion will stem from being good at what I do so long as I don't have to compromise my values or inner peace :)

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm majoring in music tech, and my dream is to become a music producer.

Reactions: Mina92

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm a teacher. I enjoy it because I get to help and love on students. Although I enjoy teaching itself, what I really love is the students, and the time outside of teaching when I can talk with them and speak into their lives. Sometimes, though, it can be really tiring.

I feel like I have so many interests, and I would probably change careers constantly if that was realistic. I like to say that in this life I'm a teacher, but in another life (if I had one) I might be... a counselor, a social worker, a writer (poet/novelist/blogger), a travel journalist, a song writer, a worship leader, an editor...

Basically I just like jobs that include: 1) meaningful ways of helping and connecting with people, 2) creativity

·
Registered
930 Posts
I would love to write books on inspiration/motivation/self-help, helping people to live their lives to their fullest potential, do book signings and lectures, give talks to people (something like what speakers like Tony Robbins do), develop courses for people on how to develop more positivity and optimism in their life :)

Reactions: Mina92
1 - 13 of 13 Posts