Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, sorry if this opens up some horrible old wound for anyone, that is not my intention :3 I'm just wondering what the INFPs' earliest memories are. If you wish, you could also note your Enneagram type and whether you think said memory had anything to do with the development of your Enneatype. As intuitives, we often wonder about the meanings of and connections between things, so if there's anything of that sort you want to throw in - go for it!

It's sad but my two earliest memories involve me crying. The first is just a seemingly random memory of me crying in my bed as a small kid. However, I think it may have been an indication of the sensitive guy I would become later on in life too. It's weird that I remember this specific cry but I do. I'm not sure what triggered it, but it was one of those cries that, looking back, feels like an "existential cry" (even though I was just a little child). Just bitter, void of hope, maybe even feeling some sort of strange emotional sensation of loss or abandonment (that is maybe where Enneagram 4 comes in).

The other very early memory I have is of my parents dancing together in the kitchen of my childhood house. They separated when I was very young, but in this particular memory, they must've been still together. The funny thing is, I was crying bitterly in that memory as well. I remember experiencing a strange mixture of emotions (especially for such a little kid!), kind of like "why is everyone else having fun and I'm not?" or something like that.

One of my first happy memories is of me, my cousin, my sister and our Dad getting to ride go-karts in an amusement park for free cos my Dad knew a guy who worked there. Fun times.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Growing up in a rural area left plenty of time to run around in the fields; exploring its rivers, lakes and caves. From my early childhood, my earliest memory, was running around a field, collecting beautiful violets for my mother.

I'm a type 4 or type 9. Who knows :p

·
Registered
INFP(?) 9w1 sp/sx ♀
1,197 Posts
My earliest memory that I can recall at the moment involved me laughing hysterically at a scene in "Toy Story." It was the scene where Woody and Buzz sneaked into Pizza Planet disguised as a drink and burger box, respectively.

I have no idea why it was so funny to me back then, but it was.

I'm pretty sure I'm a type 4, but I think that this memory occurred a little bit too early in my life to really be a contributing factor to my type (it was right before I turned 1).

It was the first 10 seconds or so of this video:

I'm 18 now and still laugh at it, actually... :unsure:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I was a baby...went to the bathroom with a candywrapper...I put it in my mouth. I didn't like it. I quickly started taking out the pieces. Very traumatizing, and interesting, for a babu!

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
Playing with a toy at age 3 at my grandparent's Seattle house.

Reactions: dlb

·
Premium Member
7,760 Posts
My earliest memory that I can recall at the moment involved me laughing hysterically at a scene in "Toy Story." It was the scene where Woody and Buzz sneaked into Pizza Planet disguised as a drink and burger box, respectively.

I have no idea why it was so funny to me back then, but it was.

I'm pretty sure I'm a type 4, but I think that this memory occurred a little bit too early in my life to really be a contributing factor to my type (it was right before I turned 1).

It was the first 10 seconds or so of this video:

I'm 18 now and still laugh at it, actually... :unsure:
so cute XD BAHAHAH

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
Can you remember what type of toy it was?
It was something you put on your lap with different things on it. I wish I remembered more. If it matters, it would have been 1987 :).

Reactions: dlb

·
Premium Member
7,760 Posts
I remember so much stuff I did/felt/saw/experienced at age 3 that I can't pinpoint just one moment

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
The earliest i can remember is at the age of 4. It's when i stated studying. Two memories in fact. One is about my "crush" (yeah i started admiring people early haha) and what our classmate did in school against our teacher, and second one about me laying down on our sofa like a princess doing nothing but daydream and procrastinate haha.

I'm enneagram type 2 wing 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
I was 3. My mother had just had my sister at the hospital. My grandmother rolled over my finger with her rocking chair. I was in pain, trying to convey that, and my mother and newborn sister come through the front door and everyone "Ooos" and "Ahhs". It was my first lesson in -- if something bigger is going on around you, no one is going to pay one lick of attention, to your smashed, soon to be, black and blue, finger.

I have no idea my enneagram, 9?. 5 characteristics? 7, 1, 6? Probably 9.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was 3. My mother had just had my sister at the hospital. My grandmother rolled over my finger with her rocking chair. I was in pain, trying to convey that, and my mother and newborn sister come through the front door and everyone "Ooos" and "Ahhs". It was my first lesson in -- if something bigger is going on around you, no one is going to pay one lick of attention, to your smashed, soon to be, black and blue, finger.

I have no idea my enneagram, 9?. 5 characteristics? 7, 1, 6? Probably 9.
Yeah that sounds like the beginnings of an Enneagram 9 manifestation in a person :p I thought you were a 9 from another post too today, can't remember which one though.

Reactions: Sily

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts
The Gulf War and the fall of the Berlin Wall (along with the subsequent collapse of the Soviet Union),

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was a toddler I went into a box after my cat. Probrably somewhere between 2-3.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I think my earliest memory was around 2 or 3, I remember playing with a train set, pretty sure it was Thomas the Tank Engine. If that's not my earliest memory, then it has to be when I was brought to my mum's friend who babysitted me since my parents and grandparents were still working.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts