Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you ENFPs think of INTJs? Describe your relationships with ones you personally know...

I fucking love ENFPs which is why I'm asking. They're really the only type I feel comfortable around (besides ESFPs who are kinda unintelligent :rolleyes:) and they are awesome in every way.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
INTJs don't seem to come in a happy medium flavour in my life. So as a result I either end up adoring them, or I end up sitting there in silence thinking choice words akin to my avatar. So yeah, I'll either love em or y'know; dislike em. However, thankfully the ones I adore outnumber the ones I dislike, so I'm happy either way :).

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I have yet to meet an INTJ I didn't like...true story.

As far as the relationship with the ones I know, we can talk for hours about anything, have similar taste in art, movies, and some music, similar humor, enjoy little sentimental things, and having fun experiencing life rather than just sitting around wasting it away.

The INTJ's I know are very thoughtful and appreciate the little things that make moments special. They also seem to be very good at explaining things to me in ways I'll understand. Plus, the ones I know are cool with admitting when I've made a good point. Even when they don't say it, I know I got the wheels turning because I can see it on his face, haha! You cannot hide from an ENFP :tongue:

I also get along really well with ENTJ's.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I really like INTJ's, lots of mutual attraction and fascination. When it comes to relationships, a very important factor is whether or not they're comfortable with the strong feelings we awaken in them. Some are, some aren't. Obviously that's an issue in any relationship between any two people regardless of type.

I've known 4 INTJ's really well: 2 male and 2 female. One of the guys was my best friend in college and another is a current friend. I dated one of the girls for awhile but her feelings scared the crap out of her. I met the other girl during a summer internship and there was a ton of chemistry. We were both interested in a relationship but it was only a 15 week program and we were from opposite ends of the country, so we didn't pursue it.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Well i married one so this particular experience is amazing. I think its a love/ despise thing thou. I don't see any grey area with this type. You either adore them, or want to choke them until they turn blue. I have 2 other INTJ male friends that are O>K, i adore them. Like all types they come in different flavours. I get along wonderful with them, although they can be anal assholes. I tried to set up one of my ENFP friends with one of my husbands INTJ friends, it didn't go so well ;) He's too anal, she's too needy, and until he gets his ego in check and she becomes more independent, they won't click. Its still amusing to watch them interact thou, they have this love/hate thing happening. They really do love each other, their ego won't allow it.

Reactions: Poptart

·
Registered
346 Posts
I know exactly one INTJ. He's one of the people who I am surprisingly comfortable about revealing parts of me that I have never revealed to anybody... and that kinda scares me. I can see right through him sometimes, and that scares the crap out of him too.

He fits the INTJ nerdy/logical/cold/intelligent stereotype haha

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
My husband is an INTJ...adore him!! He is smart and we can have an intelligent conversation. We can talk for hours!

My husband, though, I tell him all the time he is not the typical engineer. He understands my jokes, and somehow loves my individuality and encourages it. He also doesn't get some of what I say and has to often refer to the Ubran Dictionary. Love that. HAHA! :)

We share many of the same morals. Love that.

We have some great debates! Love that.

He is a gentle man. Love that too.

He sometimes has a hard time expressing his feelings. For example, if I asked him how he feels about something it may take him twenty minutes to come up with an answer, or possibly even the next day. HAHA! I may get a long letter explaining his feelings that he was up at 4am writing because that is the best way for him to describe it. I get a lot of love letters and love emails. I have had to learn to be patient with that. I can't make him answer quickly and if I get impatient he gets frustrated and will shut down totally. Not my favorite quality but I understand. Except the love letters and emails.

He is creative in a different way. He is stable. He levels me out. When I am all ready to go out and purchase something that cost a lot he is the one who steps back and says "Maybe, we should wait a few days, think about it...". I love that about him too.

He is sensible and I trust his judgements.

He is loyal.

I love nerds.

·
Registered
266 Posts
not good, I'm afraid. But I think that was because the one I knew was/is very passive aggressive.

Regarding him, I have a lot of confusion and a lot of hurt. It happened so fast and was over so quickly.. I still don't understand why. :unsure:

·
Registered
541 Posts
I know one person who claimed to be an INTJ but I think she's really an ISTJ who tries to act like the INTJ stereotype. Not good. So basically I'm here contributing irrelevant garbage to your thread. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
140 Posts
INTJ's are intelligent and rational. It's a breath of fresh air in my chaotic and bubbly and weird mind.

They're also really adorable.

I haven't met a INTJ that I disliked so far... or, if I initially dislike them, I will try my best to crack them open and know who they really are! All the INTJ's I've known are real softies on the inside, especially the girls. The female INTJ's are part of the few people I trust. They are really supportive and just fun to be around.

Oh, and one of my ex-boyfriends was an INTJ. We dated for two and half years, and we still talk. :)

I loooooooooove INTJ's.

·
MOTM Aug 2014
4,986 Posts
I have 3 best friends: ENFJ, ISFJ and INTJ.

My INTJ friend is just...

Well in one word: Insane.

Her Ni just flutters towards me and radiates against my Ne - which is an awesome feeling, if you know what I'm talking about :p. It's like an octupus playing baseball...in a tropical storm ^_^. The storm being me all crazy and floopy and the octopus being her, catching all the homeruns and making everthing fall into place.

She's deffinatley the most intelligent person I have ever came across (Ignoring her slow Ni moments, especially when she thought she was an INTP for months. If it hadn't been for me she probably still would be). She just can see through people, like legit see through their soul it's crazy. If you lie to her/try to fool her, she's already two steps ahead of you. She's very open-minded and can make you see different points of view in a "DAYUM, SHE GOT ME" kind of way, and, she always finds a way to make everything come together :)

She's also one of my most funniest friends. Her sarcastic comments and ability to point out flaws within things never fails to amuse me. She's hilerious when she's hyper, but when she's drunk? WELL...THAT'S SOMETHING ELSE.

She's just amazing, if I'm being totally honest. She's like batman, she comes across as cold and 'stfu idc about you, stupid' but she's actually so generous and kind underneath her INTJ stare. She's also very encouraging, she doesn't stand to see me put myself down about anything. Also, anytime I'm feeling a little blue, she's the only friend who always makes me feel better, no matter what I was upset about.

Basically, we know each other inside and out. She's the ying to my yang, the Buzz to my Woody. Basing this from her, I love INTJs :) they're just wonderful.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Her Ni just flutters towards me and radiates against my Ne - which is an awesome feeling, if you know what I'm talking about :p. It's like an octupus playing baseball...in a tropical storm ^_^. The storm being me all crazy and floopy and the octopus being her, catching all the homeruns and making everthing fall into place.
Haha I love your analogy.
Your post pretty much describes the relationship I have with my best friend who is ENFP. And he is the only one who can bring out the funny/sarcastic side of me... the only one I feel comfortable showing it to. Also the only person I can be myself around without the slightest bit of acting. ENFPs are awesome and it's good to know the feeling is mutual. :)

Reactions: cinnabun

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
@Poptart I guess I don't see the appeal as much as other ENFP's because I'm cynical and all myself; I don't need someone to do it for me. My last girlfriend was an INTJ, and IMO we broke up because we just didn't have the right chemistry. Some INTJ's are pretty cool, but as far as my opinion on the cliché INTJ goes, I can find better company.

Note that my opinion is probably tainted by my image of my ex girlfriend.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
@Poptart I guess I don't see the appeal as much as other ENFP's because I'm cynical and all myself; I don't need someone to do it for me. My last girlfriend was an INTJ, and IMO we broke up because we just didn't have the right chemistry. Some INTJ's are pretty cool, but as far as my opinion on the cliché INTJ goes, I can find better company.

Note that my opinion is probably tainted by my image of my ex girlfriend.
What about them as just friends?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
What about them as just friends?
Like I said, sometimes I get along with them pretty well, but I can find better company. As a corollary to what I said before, INTJ's, in my experience, are god-awful at reading people, so they often will talk to me for far too long about things that I don't really care about. Find me an INTJ to talk about that loves D&D, MBTI, sex, girls, and self-improvement and I will talk to them forever, but that's unlikely to happen

1 - 20 of 35 Posts