Personality Cafe banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
I like loads but the ones I keep using in game are Meganium, Ampharos, Vulpix, Linoone, Fearow, Venasaur, Persian, Hypno, Gyarados,Dustox, Claydol, Empoleon, Stoutland.
I also like Kecleon, Absol, Skitty, Ursaring, Parasect, Mawile and Skitty although I don't really use them.
From the anime, Jigglypuff and Charizard hands down.
When I was little I remember I liked pikachu and psduck... and charmander.

Reactions: Huron00

·
Registered
10,977 Posts

1. Espeon (PSYCHIC)
2. Flygon (DRAGON / GROUND)
3. Gengar (GHOST)
4. Charizard (FIRE / FLYING)
5. Altaria (DRAGON / FLYING)
6. Froslass (ICE / GHOST)
7. Glalie (ICE)
8. Chandelure (FIRE / GHOST)
9. Glaceon (ICE)
10. Gliscor (GROUND / FLYING)

From each region:

Kanto (Gen I):
Don't have many favourites, but the most known generation, and almost all of them are cool, except for pokemon like Jynx and Mr. Mime. They especially have nice fire pokemon (Flareon, Charizard, Arcanine, Ninetales, Moltres, ...), and strong pokemon like Charizard, Gyarados, Blastoise, Arcanine, Alakazam.

Favourite pokemon: Charizard and Gengar. If i had to play FR again. I would probably train a Vaporeon, Vileplume (grass/poison), Raichu and Hypno, next to picking Charmander as starter pokemon.

Johto (Gen II): Feels like an expansion of Kanto in some way. Water-line and Fire-line starter pokémon are both nice, but a bit underwhelming, compared to other generations. I don't like Meganium, but in Kanto i'm also not a big fan of the water-line pokémon Blastoise. I've however learned to appreciate Venusaur a bit more. I like a lot of pokemon, because just like in Kanto, this region has quality, but i don't have a lot of absolute favourites, but still a lot of pokemon i like, like Feraligatr, Crobat, Tyranitar, Suicune, Ho-oh, Lugia, Donphan, Kingdra, Lanturn, ... . In the games i would start with Typhlosion and catch the Red Gyarados, train an Espeon, train Gengar, Ampharos (for convenience) and Crobat. If i would play it the second time (or buy SS), i would choose Totodile, train a Scizor, Ninetales or Arcanine, Espeon again (?), Tyranitar and probably a Crobat again for convenience.

Favourite pokemon: Espeon (an Eevee evolution)

Hoenn (Gen III): My favourite generation, since this was the first gen i've played. I like all the starters also here, though i tend to like Blaziken the most, followed by Sceptile and Swampert. This generation has a lot of awesome dragon-type pokemon like Altaria, Flygon and Salamence or incredibly strong pokemon like Blaziken, Gardevoir, Aggron or Metagross.

Favourite pokemon: Flygon, Altaria and Glalie

Sinnoh (Gen IV): Nice generation, but I tend to have not a lot of favourites here, especially ones that are useful in the games. There are a lot of pokemon available after you beat the E4 that i generally like, but can't use in the games until very late, what i tend to dislike. Also there are basically no new fire pokémon here, and the only one available from earlier generations is fucking Rapidash, which forces you to choose the fire starter, or not use a fire pokémon at all. I however like the Ice pokémon in this generation (Abomasnow, Froslass and Glaceon)

I've lost pokemon pearl, so i will probably buy platinum at some point cheaply and if i find back pearl back i will play it again with the grass starter (and without a fire pokémon!!!). I would certainly catch a Floatzel, Luxray, Staraptor or Alakazam (two of them in each game), and eventually i would see who i even catch more. Roserade (Pearl), Garchomp (Platinum). I would certainly have an ice pokémon (Froslass in Platinum, Glaceon in Pearl), and maybe train a Machamp and Houndoom in Platinum as well, but we will see lol.

Favourite pokémon: Froslass, Glaceon, Lucario, Dusknoir and Gliscor

Unova (Gen V): The weirdest generation that i've played, and where other pokemon from other regions are rare and not used in the games. Some designs are ugly, but others are cool and fine. It's kind of an experimental generation with a lot of hit and miss pokémon. You hate or love them. The starter pokémon are a bit meeh. It's the first time that I like the grass pokémon the most, and just like in gen I, III and IV, i dislike the water starter.

Favourite pokemon: Chandelure, Lilligant, Reuniclus and Vanilluxe

Haven't played gen VI or VII yet. Though the fire starter in VI seems really fun.

If i was a real pokemon trainer: and imagine i would have started with Professor Oak, i would have chosen a Charmander, and trained into a Charizard, and on my journey, i would definitely wanted to catch an Espeon, an Altaria, a Flygon, a Gengar and maybe a Glalie, and at least have another water and grass pokemon at professor Oaks, of course it depends if i would travel from region to region, than i would start over again in every new region, and make a journey to discover a lot of pokemon, lol. But I would always have my Eevee/Espeon with me, because we would be friends.

I could also try to become a Psychic gym leader, and have my Espeon, a Gardevoir and an Alakazam. Try to beat me if you can. I could also have a Hypno and a Reuniclus or Gothitelle with me.

Being a ghost or ice gym leader would be fun too. In the first option, i would have Froslass, Glalie, Glaceon, Abomasnow, Vanilluxe, Lapras, Dewgong and Mamoswine (i would even have to choose), though i think i would even be a Elite Four member specialized in ice types. Or if i was a ghost gym leader, i would have had Gengar, Froslass, Dusknoir and Chandelure.

Sometimes i wish the world was really full of pokémon, and that everything really was so naive as in the pokémon world.

Ordered from favourite pokemon type:

1. Ghost (SO FUN :D and ADORABLE)
2. Psychic (strong, fun and intruiging)
3. Ice (absolutely fun, but weak defence and their strong offensive capabilities can often be integrated into a water pokemon. Still i love ice pokemon!!!)
4. Fire (fun, strong and also rare)
5. Electric (good, fun and quick)
6. Flying (quite strong, quick, handy in games and there also fun pokemon around with this type)
7. Dragon (fun, but hard to train, some pokemons are cool, others are less, though i dislike them that they are pictured as a better type than the rest)
8. Water (maybe a bit too common and also quite strong)
9. Ground (not a big fan of the type itself, but there are a lot of cool pokemon with this typing)
10. Grass (fun but in fact a bit weak, but in games, a grass starter is usually a bit more challenging and I associate that with fun)
11. Steel (often a bulker, slow and good in defense but less useful in your team)
12. Dark (strong, intruiging, but those pokemon tend to be a bit mean and not infp'ish. I usually don't pick them in my team for some reason, but it's not that i dislike them)
13. Poison (weak and generally not a type that excites me)
14. Rock (quite strong in attack, though have many weaknesses, and tend to be a bit boring)
15. Fighting (strong but boring and not really infp'ish, not intruiging)
16. Bug (weakest pokemon type, not fun and their pokemon usually tend to be outdated real quickly in games because of early evolutions, it's a bit of a tutorial type)
17. Normal (boring)

don't know enough about the new pokemon type fairy

·
Registered
929 Posts
Togepi ooooor Chikorita

·
Registered
10,977 Posts
we infp's tend to like eevee and their evolutions.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I didnt get far into the series but I loved the bug pokemon (despite not exactly liking bugs). Even the episode they were first featured was cool with the gym full of traps made like an old house
I love the sound of a 'poison type' as well as psychic--and later I learned theyve added ghost and dark pokemon

·
Registered
10,977 Posts
I didnt get far into the series but I loved the bug pokemon (despite not exactly liking bugs). Even the episode they were first featured was cool with the gym full of traps made like an old house
I love the sound of a 'poison type' as well as psychic--and later I learned theyve added ghost and dark pokemon
That was a poison gym, not bug, though Venonant and Venomoth are bug/poison pokémon, and a lot of bug pokemon have the poison type as well.

The second gym in johto has bug typing. And the third gym in Unova has bug speciality as well. Not sure about hoenn or sinnoh, but i guess they don't have a bug gym.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
That was a poison gym, not bug, though Venonant and Venomoth are bug/poison pokémon, and a lot of bug pokemon have the poison type as well.

The second gym in johto has bug typing. And the third gym in Unova has bug speciality as well. Not sure about hoenn or sinnoh, but i guess they don't have a bug gym.
are you talking about the first tv series? I dont remember those. I just remember that gym in particular, as well as Sabrina's =)
Cool--i didnt know bug is a type all on its own.

When i played the video game, a convert from gameboy to PC, i used Meowth a lot:redface-new: i also have (only) him, as a figurine.

I remember researching dark pokemon and did not really find a description as to why exactly they are called that

·
Registered
10,977 Posts
are you talking about the first tv series? I dont remember those. I just remember that gym in particular, as well as Sabrina's =)
Cool--i didnt know bug is a type all on its own.

When i played the video game, a convert from gameboy to PC, i used Meowth a lot:redface-new: i also have (only) him, as a figurine.

I remember researching dark pokemon and did not really find a description as to why exactly they are called that
I think dark pokémon are pokémon who are attracted to the evil side. They are often pokémon of evil teams, and they are in the series often depicted to be mean.

They are the same gyms in both the tv series as in the games, though the pokemon that are actually used can be a bit different. When i played pokémon fire red, i used Charizard (always). I've played it three times i guess. And the last time i also used Vileplume. As water pokemon i have used Vaporeon, Gyarados and Golduck. I have used Electrode. I've used Donphan (at the end), and i have used Dragonite, and i also remember using in previous playtroughs Mewtwo and Zapdos, but in recent games i don't allow myself the use of a legendary pokémon. And i've also used Pidgeot once.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts