Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me its fall hands down, when that cool breeze comes around with the leaves falling, my god...it makes me feel SO good, It literally changes my whole demeanor and makes me happy and mellow, I just wanna chill and relax, I wish it lasted longer.

As for summer its not my favorite, I just accept it lol.

Winter I enjoy the scenery but its not like fall for me, like it better than summer.

Spring feels great but its pretty short.

·
Registered
231 Posts
When the leaves first turn lime green before they settle into a darker shade, and when they turn into yellow and fire before they fall. I like the whole transition, always sort of reminded me of a Buddhist mandala how they will sweep it all away once it is so beautifully finished. Suppose that's the point. It is interesting to me to note the inverse in the color green on stoplights -- it is the same as new leaves when the colored lens is weathered and old, whereas the yellow transition light is most like leaves when it is a new lens.

I also get serious satisfaction out of being warm in cold weather, I definitely wait for smoke breath all summer.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Winter. I love everything about winter. Perhaps it's because I was born during a blizzard?

I love the cold, the snow, the frost on my window in the morning, the hot cocoa, the lack of allergens, the holidays, the stillness and quiet, the pumpkin pies shared with family and friends, the happy kids pelting each other on snowdays... And for that extremely girly side of me that I try so hard to hide- Boots over skinny jeans, fuzzy tunics and scarves, trench coats, and no summer frizz? Winter is my season~ (I can't believe I just admitted to that)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Fall and Spring. Fall because of all the intense and changing colors of the trees. Everything is dying, but it dies in a beautiful spectacle...too short for true appreciation. Plus, the air is crisp and refreshing. Clean - not humid or too frigid.

Spring gives me hope every single year. Everything is starting anew and growing with beauty. It makes me feel like I can do the exact same thing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Early fall.. Before it gets too cold. I also love spring. However these also seem to be the two shortest seasons for me. Where I live, there's almost never a legit fall or winter. It always changes from one extreme to the next..

·
Registered
362 Posts
i like autumn (fall) alot, especially with the trees but my favourite would have to be winter. love the cold, the cozy scarfs, the toasty fires, the icy wind and thd wild rain...love everything about it

Reactions: Kizuna

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Autumn.

The climate, the foliage, the scent in the air and the "color" of it, back-to-school and Halloween and Thanksgiving, Christmas-is-coming-but-isn't-here-yet, and even the fashion.

I wish it could feel like fall all year round.

Reactions: Kizuna

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
In the winter, I walk through the southern pine woods on an overcast day. The wind whispers softly in the upper branches. The sterile cold penetrates to the bones and silences the heart's lonely cries. Passion and love of life are stilled. And I alone am here. A white tomb. .

In the spring, the grip of winter is broken by trial and error, warm days slipping into cold weeks, until there is no more frost. The trees show blossoms through a growing coat of green. Birds return from their winter haven. A witetail do unknowingly introducing her fawn to the human world. A bower in the greenwood. . . I am reborn.

In the summer, trees drowse in the shade of neighbors. The streams trickle away the spring rains. The orchards give up their bounty and the fields are beginning to ripen. Thunderstorms loom on the horizion. I wait. . .

In the autumn the fields are harvested and provisions for a year put away. The days are warm and bright and the star-filled nights are cool. The woods are golden. I am content: all is well.

Life is seasons, all too brief and too precious to choose from. And the dark, cold winter approaches. I am content: all is well. In a better place I will be reborn . . .

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well everything is backwards where I live.. Christmas is in summer, and the weather is almost always perfect.
December/January here is really nice - it gets up to around 43 degrees (Celsius) some days, which makes the nights really warm, the cicadas come out.. The stark contrast between outside and and inside air conditioning. Good for Se :p
Otherwise, I love spring and autumn - not a huge fan of winter.
Winter here really sucks. No snow, just rain.. All the time

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Probably winter, but spring and summer are also good. I like the winter, the feeling of being warm while it is cold outside, the snow, the darkness early in the evening. I like all of those things about winter :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts