Personality Cafe banner

What is your favorite 'Star Wars' movie?

• Episode I: 'The Phantom Menace'

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Episode II: 'Attack of the Clones'

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Episode III: 'Revenge of the Sith'

• Episode IV: 'A New Hope'

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Episode V: 'The Empire Strikes Back'

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Episode VI: 'Return of the Jedi'

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello PC'ers! Time to choose your favorite movie of the most successful movie franchise of all time, the 'Star Wars' saga! Choose wisely...and feel free to explain why you chose the one you chose. :wink::happy:

·
Banned
4,210 Posts
Episode II for best, and Episode I or IV for worst.
Eh, I'll just make a scale from best to worst: II, III, V, VI, IV, I

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Episode II for best, and Episode I or IV for worst.
Eh, I'll just make a scale from best to worst: II, III, V, VI, IV, I
Yeah, my favorite is Episode II. I like the love scenes and how Anakin is going through so much character growth. Episode III is good too, but not as good as Episode II.
Episode I wasn't so good.
And I think I've seen part of episode IV and I really didn't like it.
I've never seen Episode V or VI (so I can't say anything about those).

But judging from your scale (which seems very reasonable), I think I'd probably like them.

So for me, it's II, III I, IV (with V and VI left out).
I really, really, really didn't like part IV. That movie was bad.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Episode V. Most well-thought-out plot, best writing, best acting.

Also, Cloud City and the Battle of Hoth are just so damn cool.
Man, I need to see part V. I have the movies, just haven't watched them...
I think I'll watch V tonight for sure then!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
V = VI > IV > III > II > I

at 10 years of age I pretty much had a nerdgasm seeing everything come together in return of the jedi. Empire is still ridiculously awesome and therefore scores equal. A new hope wasn't quite as good but still very solid.

Episode 3 was definitely the best out of the new series, lots of shit going down. I still think George Lucas should've thrown Jar Jar on the lightsaber in an attempt to redeem himself but oh well.

Worst easily Episode 1, while I enjoyed it at 10-11 years of age it really doesn't sit well now. And that godawful line "are you an angel?"

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
After episode ii and iii, I took Anakins side. Can't believe everyone treated him like shit and turned on him like that again and again when all he wanted was to help the ones close to him. I literally cheered for Anakin as he ran around killing everybody. Fuckers.

Reactions: Ti Dominant

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
V = VI > IV > III > II > I

at 10 years of age I pretty much had a nerdgasm seeing everything come together in return of the jedi. Empire is still ridiculously awesome and therefore scores equal. A new hope wasn't quite as good but still very solid.

Episode 3 was definitely the best out of the new series, lots of shit going down. I still think George Lucas should've thrown Jar Jar on the lightsaber in an attempt to redeem himself but oh well.

Worst easily Episode 1, while I enjoyed it at 10-11 years of age it really doesn't sit well now. And that godawful line "are you an angel?"
lol, nerdgasm

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
I enjoyed V as a story, and the fact that Harrison Ford, bad ass as he is already, is starred in it. I really enjoyed II for its CG visuals, especially in the "futuristic city" scenes.
I haven't seen part V still, but I definitely agree with part II: those futuristic cityscapes are breathtaking.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
After episode ii and iii, I took Anakins side. Can't believe everyone treated him like shit and turned on him like that again and again when all he wanted was to help the ones close to him. I literally cheered for Anakin as he ran around killing everybody. Fuckers.
Haha. I preferred the young, innocent Anakin (not in part I, no no no!) but in part II. The apprentice Jedi under the training of Obi Wan Kenobi. Though, I definitely enjoyed his dark side, as well. When he killed the Tusken Raiders who ensalved his mother, I was actually satisfied a bit inside. LOL Vengeance is a sweet thing sometimes.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I would have to say V, I have the best memories of it. Even though visually it looks dated compared to the prequels.
Loved Hoth, Loved how C3PO annoyed the hell out of Han Solo on the Falcon. Cloud City was cool , and the stunning revelation at the end "Luke, I AM your father!" First Introduction of Yoda, Lando, first glimpse of the emperor and just so dark overall.

Although I just realized the other day that the 'special edition' of Jedi took out the Ewok victory song and replaced it with something else. I think that's the only change he made that really annoyed me. I didn't even have a problem with the Greedo one :/

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Best to worst: V (hands down the best), VI/IV (tied for second), III (it redeemed the prequel trilogy), I (it had Liam Nesson! Also the Duel of the Fates..incredible fight scene), II (wooden dialogue, trite love scenes, Anakin couldn't act...need I say more).

Reactions: xezene

·
Registered
122 Posts
V - IV - VI - I - III - II

How can someone prefer the prequel to the original? At least not EVERYTHING was CGI in episode 1. Went downhill from there. Count Dooku was a horrible character...totally boring and not cool. (such a shame... I mean, it's Christopher Lee! How can you screw this up so bad?) General Grievous could have been a great villain...but instead he just comes off as annoying and goofy. The acting on both episode II and III is awful. Thank goodness they kept Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine. The dialogue in those films we're cheesy as hell. Don't get me wrong. There's good and memorable scene in those movie. But overall, they were a big disappointment.

I could go on forever...

sorry for the spelling mistakes. French guy here.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I am a very old guy. Youthful sentiments demand that I choose episode IV. V is a very close second though.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts