21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
The knowledge of the samurai warrior

·
Banned
2,375 Posts
When I was a kid I used to secretly borrow (not steal) books from the library and my school all the time, rarely finished em but I still read them

Can't even find the attention span now, what happened man. I remember this big book with a lot of pictures of like reptiles, or just alligators or smthn, that was great, that one I did steal

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
Bambi by Felix Salten is my go-to "favourite book" that I tell people. I read far too much to really have a favourite, though. But if I had to recommend one book I thought hardly anyone has read that I *know* is, like, universally good, I'd say Bambi. Obviously nothing like the movie.

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
Watership Down, 1984, The Head Game (it's about baseball pitchers), Bill Simmons' Book of Basketball, and House of Leaves

·
Banned
111 Posts
The Dandelion dynasty, Ken Liu (fantasy)
The Themis Files - Sleeping Giants, Sylvain Neuvel (sci-fi)
The Help, Kathryn Stockett (social novel)
Jagannath, Karin Tidbeck (fantasy)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis
White Fang by Jack London
The Neverending Story and Momo by Michael Ende

Also, almost all of the Chronicles of Narnia series and Myth Adventures series by Robert Asprin.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w6
937 Posts
Songs of a Dead Dreamer and Grimscribe - A collection of short cosmic horror stories by Thomas Ligotti
The complete fiction of H.P. Lovecraft
The Hannibal Lecter series - Red Dragon, The Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, Hannibal Rising - by Thomas Harris

and Cloud Atlas. There aren't a lot of things which give me hope, but Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell is one of them.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Why the Necronomicon, of course. Nothing was ever the same after that experience...nothing was ever something...something like that.
Necronomicon.jpg

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,547 Posts
Blindness by José Saramago, Island by Aldous Huxley, In Cold Blood by Truman Capote, 11/22/63 by Stephen King and Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace. I am probably forgetting some, but these are 100% part of my being.

EDIT: Oh! The Bothers Karamázov by Dostoyevsky. How could I forget this one?

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5
44 Posts
I have a lot of favorites, but my first favorite book ever, the first one that every really made me cry is the The Outsiders, by S. E. Hinton.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts