Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious to see what other 3s do to satisfy their competitiveness and drive for achievement.

I've done a number of things over the years but for the past year I've been rock climbing. It's helped me learn to compete with myself, is very rewarding for me, gives me both a social and physical outlet and a much needed sense of progression.

So what do you do to satisfy your -3- urges?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I do vocal performance. *insertsomerandomsubtlebragginghere* But, anyway, it's pretty obvious why this particular hobby satisfies 3 urges - the thrill of attention, being that special snowflake on stage, hearing my own wonderful, wonderful voice etc... ahem :D

On a more serious note, it helped - and still helps - me build confidence, relax and get rid of mental blocks. How? Well, singing requires you to overcome lots of psychological blocks, which you can then apply to other areas of your life. A quick example - to hit high notes you must first believe you can hit it. Then you must dare to humiliate yourself by sounding like a half-strangled cat for the next few weeks/months/years as you slowly increase your vocal range semitone by semitone. Oh, and you must also learn to relax your jaw/neck/shoulder muscles. You won't hit the note nicely otherwise.

So these are some of the ways singing has helped me. Of course, I sing in the first place because I love doing it. To a lesser extent, I also do other stuff like swimming to train mental and physical stamina.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I actually just play video games.

Anything to do with real life, well no one care.
So I just do things that I care about.

Otherwise,

I am a national level athlete for rowing.
I am part of a LUG (Lego user group)

Reactions: progBOT

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
If I haven't burned off my energy through a busy day or exercise, I trend towards verbal debates. I enjoy the clash of wills and the fight that comes along with trying to prove a point.

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
I'm busy trying to coast through college while simultaneously trying to mesh together the different typology systems with a real human being. Typology is great and all don't get me wrong but, it's lacking. Typology is mostly about thoughts, and while thoughts translate into action 70-75% of the time there is still a lot to be unaccounted for. My search has led to me to a list of cognitive bias'. Although, I think this is mostly because I am trying to be a Mentalist and it looked like fun lol, but it will still help me understand the human being I think.

EDIT: wow... I just completely missed the question of the thread... my bad:blushed:

Anywhoo, to actually answer the thread this time around, I shall repeat it back to myself to make sure it sticks lmao: what is your fuel for achievement?

To understand the human being is one thing that fuels my need for achievement, in fact, it is probably the highest priority. Second, to help the human being. I need to get rich in order to help humanity in my own way, the money is just a means to an end as I will likely spend it all and more into my school I want to create.

In... oh... around 50 years or so, if you guys see a school called "Wammy's house for gifted youngsters" you'll know it was me XD.

I got the idea from Wammy's house in deathnote, and I liked the phrase from X-Men haha, except I'm going to mold it into my own ideal for furthering humanity. I realized that what I want to do for humanity cannot be done in my lifetime, so, I'm going to try and get other kids to do it. Before that gets misconstrued, let me explain:

The school system sucks, it doesn't further anybody except those in charge and those fortunate enough to be wonderful social networking individuals. I want to change that for people with the intellectual capability to change the world, I'm going to give them the power to do so. The ultimate goal is to give the kids that don't want to further my ideal what they want instead. The kids that don't want to help me change the world will instead be put into fast tracks of what careers they themselves want. They will be successful, I'm going to make sure of it, my school will make sure of it. But, for those that do want to help change the world for the better, I'm going to push them through the obstacles that will stand in their way to do so. The people that go through my school are going to be giants in their chosen profession, regardless of what career they choose. The ones that want to be lawyers, politicians, etc. will be those things, but they're not going to have their idealism destroyed like in the world today. I'm going to keep that fire burning for them and with their abilities they will be able to do wonderful things. It's going to be a wonderful day when I can vote for a politician without them being a politician.

L_Lawliet's definition of a politician: douchebag.

I probably rambled a little bit, but, whatever.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
I do vocal performance. *insertsomerandomsubtlebragginghere* But, anyway, it's pretty obvious why this particular hobby satisfies 3 urges - the thrill of attention, being that special snowflake on stage, hearing my own wonderful, wonderful voice etc... ahem :D

On a more serious note, it helped - and still helps - me build confidence, relax and get rid of mental blocks. How? Well, singing requires you to overcome lots of psychological blocks, which you can then apply to other areas of your life. A quick example - to hit high notes you must first believe you can hit it. Then you must dare to humiliate yourself by sounding like a half-strangled cat for the next few weeks/months/years as you slowly increase your vocal range semitone by semitone. Oh, and you must also learn to relax your jaw/neck/shoulder muscles. You won't hit the note nicely otherwise.

So these are some of the ways singing has helped me. Of course, I sing in the first place because I love doing it. To a lesser extent, I also do other stuff like swimming to train mental and physical stamina.
- what type of music do you sing?
- what is your voice like? are you a high soprano? a deeper voice like a mezzo? something in between

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually just play video games.
I did this for the longest time. I got so into it that I ended up playing Team Fortress 2 professionally (lol). My problem with video games is that they cater so well to my lust for achievement that I get so involved in them that I don't do anything else. I no longer play any games (which still takes a lot of effort). I wouldn't change my current life for anything but I do miss video games a lot.

@WickedQueen
Those look like some awesome places you've been to. I actually have a new appreciation for that type of thing since I got into rock climbing. It's made me generally more outdoorsy (camping a lot and just generally spending a lot of time in the wilderness) and I'd love to go to places like the ones you've been to. I tend to have a lot of respect for travelers since there is such a huge world out there to see and not many people take it upon themselves to see as much of it as possible.

Reactions: WickedQueen

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
I HAVE to ask...how do you scuba dive (or snorkel) with a hijab?
Tadaaaaa.....
Few weeks ago, I was invited by my ex-colleagues (from my previous job) for a runaway holiday for 3 days. There were 6 of us and all of us are Sensors, so you might see a glimpse of what a bunch of Sensors do for fun.

They picked me up from my office on Friday night. The journey took about 9 hours by car. We arrived on Saturday morning.

Saturday activities:
Watching the sunrise.

Breakfast at Pangandaran.
[/COLOR]
Body rafting in Green Canyon.

..[/COLOR]
Watching the sunset in Madasari.

..[/COLOR]
Sunday activity:
Spend the night in Batukaras.

[/COLOR][/COLOR]Playing banana boat.

Trying rattan bridge in Mandala.

Exploring underground river in Citumang.
[/COLOR]

Last, we had dinner at a seafood restaurant. There were more activities, but there's only 20 pics allowed. :p

Anyway, we went home on Sunday night.
I arrived at home on Monday at 4 AM, and then went to work 3 hours later. LOL.
[/COLOR]

Also, I want to visit all the places in your pictures. Looks like fun.
Those look like some awesome places you've been to. I actually have a new appreciation for that type of thing since I got into rock climbing. It's made me generally more outdoorsy (camping a lot and just generally spending a lot of time in the wilderness) and I'd love to go to places like the ones you've been to. I tend to have a lot of respect for travelers since there is such a huge world out there to see and not many people take it upon themselves to see as much of it as possible.
Thanks guys. I've never been to another country. I'm just lucky enough to be able to travel around my own country, Indonesia.

Indonesia is an archipelago country, it consist of 17,000 tropical islands. Bali is only one of them. You should go to Indonesia if you got the chance to visit South East Asia. It's heaven on earth. ;)

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm busy trying to coast through college while simultaneously trying to mesh together the different typology systems with a real human being. Typology is great and all don't get me wrong but, it's lacking. Typology is mostly about thoughts, and while thoughts translate into action 70-75% of the time there is still a lot to be unaccounted for. My search has led to me to a list of cognitive bias'. Although, I think this is mostly because I am trying to be a Mentalist and it looked like fun lol, but it will still help me understand the human being I think.

EDIT: wow... I just completely missed the question of the thread... my bad:blushed:

Anywhoo, to actually answer the thread this time around, I shall repeat it back to myself to make sure it sticks lmao: what is your fuel for achievement?

To understand the human being is one thing that fuels my need for achievement, in fact, it is probably the highest priority. Second, to help the human being. I need to get rich in order to help humanity in my own way, the money is just a means to an end as I will likely spend it all and more into my school I want to create.

In... oh... around 50 years or so, if you guys see a school called "Wammy's house for gifted youngsters" you'll know it was me XD.

I got the idea from Wammy's house in deathnote, and I liked the phrase from X-Men haha, except I'm going to mold it into my own ideal for furthering humanity. I realized that what I want to do for humanity cannot be done in my lifetime, so, I'm going to try and get other kids to do it. Before that gets misconstrued, let me explain:

The school system sucks, it doesn't further anybody except those in charge and those fortunate enough to be wonderful social networking individuals. I want to change that for people with the intellectual capability to change the world, I'm going to give them the power to do so. The ultimate goal is to give the kids that don't want to further my ideal what they want instead. The kids that don't want to help me change the world will instead be put into fast tracks of what careers they themselves want. They will be successful, I'm going to make sure of it, my school will make sure of it. But, for those that do want to help change the world for the better, I'm going to push them through the obstacles that will stand in their way to do so. The people that go through my school are going to be giants in their chosen profession, regardless of what career they choose. The ones that want to be lawyers, politicians, etc. will be those things, but they're not going to have their idealism destroyed like in the world today. I'm going to keep that fire burning for them and with their abilities they will be able to do wonderful things. It's going to be a wonderful day when I can vote for a politician without them being a politician.

L_Lawliet's definition of a politician: douchebag.

I probably rambled a little bit, but, whatever.
If you ever create a Wammy's House for Gifted Youngsters, and if I ever have a kid, I am definitely enrolling him there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts